• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola League: What Would You Have Done Differently?

I agree with other people saying this should have been a double battle. Rowlet works better as a pokemon in a double battle. He can lift the other pokemon for example.
This and the incredible amount of reused animation are my two big problems I would have liked to see differently. The rest of the league was pretty great in my opinion.

A double battle would have made a nice feature as the Hoenn league is the only league to feature a double battle

The news of Ash winning the Alola League spread like crazy, right? If TPCI had actually seen the news about it, they would've easily been able to dub the Alola League in a rush and air it early in a mini-marathon slot on Disney XD, and repeat those episodes when it was planned to be aired dubbed.

We know that TPCI gets the episodes to dub before they even air in Japan; I believe it was Eureka's voice actress who, back in the XY days, posted a picture on Twitter of her working on an episode that was still a good week or so from airing on TV-Tokyo. So they definitely knew he was winning before we did.

Battle Royal would’ve been a proper Battle Royale from the games and trainers would be divided in groups of 4, with one winner from each group. Or alternatively the 151 Battle Royal takes place in two episodes.
Samson Oak, Sophocles, Lillie get eliminated.

Jessie uses Mimikyu against James. I don’t mind the outcome.

Quarter Finals are two vs two. Ash uses Pikachu and Rowlet against Hau with Decidueye and Raichu. Pikachu vs Raichu is a draw. Rowlet's feather dance changes into substitute. It stops spamming seed bomb or finds a way to stop Decidueye from deflecting it with leaf blade. The sleeping fiasco doesn’t happen.

The Semifinals are 3 vs 3.

The Finals are 5 vs 5 with Rowlet not battling. Poipole returns sometime between semifinal’s and finals, and trains, evolving after a training session. Meltan remains as it is, and Naganadel faces Silvally.

Given what use Team Rocket were in SM140, they were definitely not worth showing during the league, quite a bit of time wasted on them when other characters could have remained

Firstly, I would trade Hau and Kaki's places, Kaki should be defeated by Satoshi, while Hau should be put against Gladio. Then, Lilie shouldn't be beaten by her brother, I would put her against Guzma, but only after she defeated someone else, like Mamane, or Team Rocket. That way, she wouldn't look that pathetic. I would also put Suiren on Top 4 and put Guzma to Top 8.

I would have had Prof. Kukui give battling lessons throughout the series, with Ash as his assistant since he has a lot of battle experience. This would've gotten more mileage out of the school setting and shown shown how Kukui's students all placed high in the tournament - they got a lot of battle practice.

My headcanon is that they did do this offscreen.

I would have had Prof. Kukui give battling lessons throughout the series, with Ash as his assistant since he has a lot of battle experience. This would've gotten more mileage out of the school setting and shown shown how Kukui's students all placed high in the tournament - they got a lot of battle practice.

My headcanon is that they did do this offscreen.

It's not really a "headcanon," as we DO see Professor Kukui give battling lessons during the series (except Ash isn't an assistant). It's more of a "we don't see enough of that happening" sort of thing, so a LOT of people just forget any of it ever happened. (Plus, the girls are always excluded from those scenes for some reason).

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom