• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Favourite Alolan form so far?

• Total voters
I would love for Azumarill to get an Alolan form maybe more of a fairy like mermaid mouse; however, it's already so powerful even in OU with it's part fairy typing. If anything it would get a mega, but I would love a new design regardless!

Edit: I think the lore of Hypno would make it dark/fairy, but that's mostly my opinion from the top of my head.

seing that hey dont show everything and the amount is now low , I think we will get maybe 5-10 more of these and maybe some new megas really. Beacuse not all need a Alolan form.

seing that hey dont show everything and the amount is now low , I think we will get maybe 5-10 more of these and maybe some new megas really. Beacuse not all need a Alolan form.
I don't see us getting new Megas for Sun and Moon. Nintendo's focus is primarily on Alolan Forms.

True, not every Pokemon does need one. But there are some non-Kanto that really do need one. I don't see any non-Kanto Alolan Forms though. Which is such a wasted opportunity.

Alolan Sandslash can have "Speed Skater" as its Hidden Ability. Its moves would have increased priority under Hail or an Icy Terrain if we get one (like how we have Gale Wings/Prankster/Triage). Hail isn't a particularly powerful weather, so I can't see it being too much of a big deal right now but I might be wrong. Also Bruxish would counter it ;)

I know "Snow Rush" to mirror Sand Rush has been suggested a lot, but if it's going to get slower like the official site hints then that ability isn't going to be the most useful for it (doubling a low Speed stat still won't make it fast enough). And it needs something good because that typing isn't great with the double weaknesses to Fire and Fighting (and Ground but less so).

Hm... I could see Hypno becoming a Dark type, y'now with some of the nefarious rumors and it kidnapping children and stuff.

Would it gain fighting? I always looked Hypno and thought it looked like it could work as a fighting type.

We did see Team Skull use a Drowzee in the trailer, so we know it's on Alola. The line is based on tapirs, which are definitely tropical. They're both also chronically underrepresented in both the games and anime as yet, so yeah. I could see anything from Dark to Fighting to Ground in there.

I would love for Azumarill to get an Alolan form maybe more of a fairy like mermaid mouse; however, it's already so powerful even in OU with it's part fairy typing. If anything it would get a mega, but I would love a new design regardless!

Edit: I think the lore of Hypno would make it dark/fairy, but that's mostly my opinion from the top of my head.
I'd think a Mega would be worse if your concern is that its already so powerful.

I don't see us getting new Megas for Sun and Moon. Nintendo's focus is primarily on Alolan Forms.

True, not every Pokemon does need one. But there are some non-Kanto that really do need one. I don't see any non-Kanto Alolan Forms though. Which is such a wasted opportunity.
that we dont get new ones prerealease is not a hint that we will get any in this game. Lets wait and see when the game starts realy. Its to fast to say yes and no. I can see new ones coming now or in the "previous" generation(4 or 2) remake games.

Alolan Sandslash can have
Let it have something good and new, but what gives you strenght and attack power in hail only if its slower then a regular Sandshrew but with 4x weak to fight and fire???

Let it have something good and new, but what gives you strenght and attack power in hail only if its slower then a regular Sandshrew but with 4x weak to fight and fire???

Well the official site says this
The weight of the ice that covers its body makes these Alolan Sandslash heavier than normal Sandslash, and this causes them to be slower. Yet in snow fields and on ice, they move by creating a path with their claws, and so they’re able to move with swiftness.

So it's slow off the ice but fast on it. An ability called Speed Skater (as its HA) would fit that perfectly.

It could even use its new metal claws like a weird ice pick to sort of mimic actions like this while needing to turn corners on the ice.

Well the official site says this

So it's slow off the ice but fast on it. An ability called Speed Skater (as its HA) would fit that perfectly.

It could even use its new metal claws like a weird ice pick to sort of mimic actions like this while needing to turn corners on the ice.
only if really on "icy terrain" (hope they call it arctic not icy) and if it gets hp every turn on it and a boost of sp. defence in it it may work well. Maybe ice could work somehow to neutralize paralyze, burn, flinch against ice only or something like that? That a ice type cant get burned or paralyzed on it's terrain?

only if on icy terrain and if it gets hp every turn and a boost of sp. defence in it.

Well I think having fast Ice moves powered up by the terrain would be enough. Icy Terrain would likely slow non-Ice types or something like that anyway I guess, because slippy ice, so the ability idea might end up redundant and not happen for that reason.

Since the site mentions both snow fields and ice, it could even work in both Hail and on Icy Terrain (if there is one). Giving Ice-types more options and making Hail a bit more useful.

I think if they do end up doing special effects they will simply retcon hail to have the effects, not create a entirely new terrain for a weather type that exists.

Alola Primeape - Fighting/Electric with Iron Fist and Static. This form of Primeape is the result of Primeape training in an electrical area in the Alola region. It is now more fast and can paralyze it's foes first before finishing it out with it's best moves.

Alola Primeape - Fighting/Electric with Iron Fist and Static. This form of Primeape is the result of Primeape training in an electrical area in the Alola region. It is now more fast and can paralyze it's foes first before finishing it out with it's best moves.
What about the lighthouse or the power plant on the eastern island?

On A-Raichu's move set, I wouldn't get too concerned. Several Pokemon that evolve with Stones can still learn moves through leveling up (Bellossom and Honchkrow, to name a few). The same can just be applied to Raichu.

On A-Raichu's move set, I wouldn't get too concerned. Several Pokemon that evolve with Stones can still learn moves through leveling up (Bellossom and Honchkrow, to name a few). The same can just be applied to Raichu.

To piggyback on this, if they do not add learn set moves they cna permit A-Raichu to learn Psychic and Psyshock from TM's and other moves from eggs.

They can also let Raichu learn some moves from move tutors.

That's assuming we have move tutors in the game. Usually, the batch of games that start a new gen (RS/DP/BW/XY) don't have traditional move tutors except for the ones that teach the elemental hyper beams, pledges, and a few others.

Back
Top Bottom