• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola Variant Pokemon: Thoughts and Predictions

Favourite Alolan form so far?

• Total voters
Alolan Arbok: Poison/Dragon. I don't know the backstory for this one. Just thought the typing would be cool.

Alolan Arbok: Poison/Dragon. I don't know the backstory for this one. Just thought the typing would be cool.

I think a Poison/Dragon typing would be perfect for a komodo dragon. Salandit looks like it could evolve into something like that, but I don't want it to lose its Fire typing...

saw on the net a water/flying dodrio based on a flamingo.

if we get Alolan forms then with Drizzle.
Can see Golduck getting it.

I'd also prefer Poison/Psychic because it's a new type combinations whereas types like Poison/Dragon or Poison/Water have been done before.

So basically Kaa from the Jungle Book?

Pretty much. I'm thinking Alola Ekans would use its rattle to hypnotize prey and Alola Arbok could use its fake face or something.

I think a Poison/Dragon typing would be perfect for a komodo dragon. Salandit looks like it could evolve into something like that, but I don't want it to lose its Fire typing...
Its ability to poison Steel types would be more useful if it was a dragon though. It seems redundant since its a fire type.

Its ability to poison Steel types would be more useful if it was a dragon though. It seems redundant since its a fire type.

Split evos might fix that. One keeps the ability and turns half Dragon, one keeps the Fire typing and switches the ability. But this is probably off topic.

I like to see Alola form pokemon that has Drizzle, Drought, Sandstream and Snow Warning as abilities.

I like some of the ideas I've heard tossed around for Alolan Dodrio though specifically the best one is the idea taken from the cassowary. Alola probably has an abundance of thick underbrush and forests as well as no long stretches of grasslands in which Dodrio commonly reside and love to run across. This is the type of environment cassowaries live in and it is believed by some that they use their head crests to protect themselves from collisions through the underbrush and falling hard fruits and seeds. Fighting/Flying is the typing I usually see associated with this concept. It would be fitting if they also decided to focus on Dodrio's kicking power since giant flightless birds are known for their powerful leg strength.

If we go by Kanto Pokemon only, I think Dodrio and Venomoth are really only two Pokemon that could potentially get forms that I am excited for right now. Obviously if we get other ones then I might still like them depending on type and design changes, but those two are ones I want to see specifically. Fighting/Flying for Dodrio and Bug/Ghost for Venomoth (someone on here had the awesome idea of basing it on a superstition Hawaiian culture has about moths, sorry I can't remember who it was) are the ideal types I would like. Parasect is a third I wouldn't mind seeing, I guess.

Golduck and Primeape are two I'm disappointed don't seem to be getting anything though. Especially Golduck, after all these years of people thinking it's a Psychic type it could have finally happened... maybe. :(

I hope to see some fabalous Alolan forms like Alolan Ninetails. That would be so elegent and beautiful. :)

Parasect and Venomoth could use Alola Forms too, they're both so forgettable and have bad type combos. I'm thinking Bug/Ghost for Parasect and Bug/Psychic or Psychic/Flying for Venomoth.

Back
Top Bottom