• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alola will be Ash and TR last region

It could be interesting, but I highly doubt it'll happen. It's been 20 years, I think if they wanted to replace Ash and Team Rocket, they would've already.

I personally don't mind that Ash and Team Rocket are still around, and truthfully I probably wouldn't watch a series that didn't involve them. Unless it was something like Chronicles that followed pre-existing characters, but I can't imagine that ever happening.

How would you think about that if that would happen?

I think Hell will freeze before they replace Ash. However, I think I would have probably preferred replacing Ash in Best Wishes instead of regressing them.
I am also sick of the TRio. There are already comical villains in Alola: Team Skull.

I guess it would end like this if that happened:

- The gang graduate from school
- Lana, Mallow, Kiawe, and Sophocles become Trial Captains
- Ash and Lillie go back to Kanto

Personally speaking, I wouldn't mind that at all. Ash, Pikachu and TRio have gone through character fatigue for a long time now, with the writers being forced to reset them in many ways in order to keep them "fresh".

As much as I like Ash (excluding his BW and SM personas), I think it would be fair if he got a proper ending and passed the torch to another character. Same goes for TRio toward the eventual future group of antagonists. I simply wouldn't want them to become hollow and shallow again, like they were in the BW series.

Granted, at this point, I doubt immensely that they will ever leave the show, considering their iconic status. However, I wouldn't be bothered if they were to be replaced by new faces.

Not THIS again... -_-

People, Ash, Pikachu and the TRio are NOT going anywhere. EVER.

Yes, a lot of us are sick to death of them. But those people have BEEN sick to death of them for a long time, and nothing has changed, nor will it.
Like it or not, Ash is the human face of Pocket Monsters while the TRio provide both antagonism AND comic relief as needed. Besides, it seems the kids still like 'em, so there's no need to drop them. Besides, it would just be bizarre and awkward as all fornication to get rid of them NOW after 20 years.:confused:

Thinking we'll ever be rid of the pure foolishness. Actually wanting them gone even moreso. :LOL:

Just accept it. (and take various AU material with deep thanks to Arceus)

Last edited:
Of course it won't happen but actually i wouldn't mind if it will- when it comes to Ash. I saw many good episodes not about him- about May, Dawn or Pokemon Chronicles.
For me it's a pity Dawn or May (now Max would be nice option) didn't replace him years ago. He becomes boring because of that and this whole Ash-Pikachu friendship got old about 2000 I think.
On the other hand i can't imagine this show without TRio. In SM they're my favourite part of the show- remind me OS- as i said- alolan TRio is the best TRio since early Hoenn- i especially mean Jessie- I don't like her contest/artist story- it's not what TRio is about so I'm really happy about their currently actions.
And Pikachu- for me it should have left the show after Johto.

Tell that to Takeshi.

Admittedly, I got to say that I was quite surprised when I found out that Brock was going to leave. After he stayed around during most OS, the whole AG saga and all DP, anyone could have thought that he had become an iconic character, almost on par with Ash, Pikachu and TRio. And yet, we all know what happened.

I'm still extremely doubtful that they would be removed, but if the theory of SM happening in another timeline is true, then they have already been "replaced" with identical clones.

…Is it sad that I wouldn't mind that too much? At least the "real" ones won't be affected anymore by stupid decisions like resets, personality swaps and whatnot. Let the "clones" take the brunt instead.

And yet since he's been gone there's been a lot of talk about people missing him and wanting him back :cautious: (though I don't get it myself)

So? He will be never brought back.

Hell will freeze over before they replace Ash, but the TRio aren't showing up much in SM.
Also, Team Skull could play the same role as the TRio.

Tell that to Takeshi.

Brock was already replaced for the Orange Island arc. He came back, but it proved that it wasn't impossible for him to be replaced. It was still surprising when they did replace him for BW. I didn't think that they'd do it either after he stuck around for so long, but it was just unlikely to happen rather than impossible. Besides that, replacing the secondary male character is a lot different than replacing the main lead or the main villains after twenty years.

Brock was already replaced for the Orange Island arc. He came back, but it proved that it wasn't impossible for him to be replaced. It was still surprising when they did replace him for BW. I didn't think that they'd do it either after he stuck around for so long, but it was just unlikely to happen rather than impossible. Besides that, replacing the secondary male character is a lot different than replacing the main lead or the main villains after twenty years.

This show survived the Best Wishes series. It can survive doing hugely unpopular and race-inducing decisions.

Those people have overstayed their welcome. And the shift to Alola was the worst. It would make sense if it's before BWXY+ but not after. Ash is different and most of the episode scripts and the art style seems like it was made by a child. And he's going to a school! I thought the whole point of being a Trainer is that you don't have to go to school and instead raise Pokemon! I love the Adventures manga because it follows the game more while at the same time keeping things interesting! I think that's how the anime should be. Also I never liked Ash because he does not even do stuff the average Pokemon player would do! I mean, he keeps most of his Pokemon i evolved and doesn't ever seem to buy items. Not to mention his name. "Ash". Who would name their kid Ash? Is it a running trend in his family?

Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket (Jessie, James, Meowth, and likely Wobbuffet since fans didn't like his removal in BW) are staying forever, that has been established

Also I never liked Ash because he does not even do stuff the average Pokemon player would do!

Games =/= anime

I mean, he keeps most of his Pokemon i evolved

It isn't his choice, though. It's the Pokemon's choice.

doesn't ever seem to buy items

Or he buys things off screen? We've seen the characters buying things before, and it's not really important to show off. Ash himself hasn't really needed to buy Potions and all that as there were the Pokemon Centers, Brock, and Cilan around to help.

The thing is, Ash is both smart and dumb. He's put into similar situations and he does the same thing even if both times it could kill him. But he's had brilliant strategies before, what gives? He's even had bad strategies before(Elesa and Liza and Tate).

Ash, Pikachu, and Team Rocket (Jessie, James, Meowth, and likely Wobbuffet since fans didn't like his removal in BW) are staying forever, that has been established
None of VAs are immortals, ultimately they will be replaced someday.

Not the time, in my opinion. This may be just wishful thinking, but I want for them to end on a high note, and a comedy-focused series with little-to-no battling doesn't seem like the right time for them to leave. At times like these I truly wonder how will they handle the next series, though. I do like SM but I still wouldn't want for the anime to be stuck in slice-of-life-hell forever.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom