• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

GO Alolan Evolutions and Name Tricks?

Rocket Zigzagoon

Sell a Flareon
Reaction score
To be honest, the reason we can't get Alolan Raichu and Alolan Marowak in GO (except Raid Battles) is due to the branched evolution system and their name trick hasn't been implemented yet. Even though we can only find Alolan Exeggutor in wild and Raids, we can't get them via evolution from Exeggcute.

Do you have some predictions for the name tricks on Alolan evolutions?

Samson for Exeggcute evolving into Alolan Exeggutor.
Hau for Pikachu evolving into Alolan Raichu.
Kiawe for Cubone to evolve into Alolan Marowak.

Also, these Alolan name tricks, like Eeveelution name tricks, can only be used once. They might also implement random evolution RNG as well.

Last edited:
I think they purposely want them to be Raid exclusive in a similar way to Mawile. More pass sales this way.

I think they purposely want them to be Raid exclusive in a similar way to Mawile. More pass sales this way.
Very likely for now, given the reference to Alolan Marowak as Totem Boss Pokémon in Pokémon Sun/Moon/Ultra Sun/Ultra Moon. But I can see if they decide to add them to random Alolan evolution dice rolls and Alolan name tricks for Pikachu, Cubone and Exeggcute.

Although Alolan Raichu was new as a single boss here, the closest to Alolan Raichu being a boss character could be Hau's Alolan Raichu in SM/USUM. I have to see if Alolan Exeggutor makes sense as a single boss character.

Speaking about Alolan Marowak, that Raid Boss is a harder-than-harder-than hard version, which needs more players to take it down.

Please note: The thread is from 6 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom