• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Contest Altaria vs. Swellow vs. Pelipper

Pokestar

Reaction score
It's a battle of the Hoenn birds!

180px-334Altaria.png
vs.
160px-277Swellow.png
vs.
180px-279Pelipper.png

Who has a better design?
Who is more useful?
Who would you have on your team?
Who is the cutest?
Who is the coolest?

NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

Okay, in all seriousness...

Who has a better design?
ALTARIA
Who is more useful?
ALTARIA
ALTARIA
Who is the cutest?
ALTARIA
Who is the coolest?
PEL.... ALTARIA!
BAHAHAHA /cap button

Who has a better design? Swellow
Who is more useful? Altaria
Who would you have on your team? Swellow
Who is the cutest? Altaria
Who is the coolest? Swellow.

Who has a better design?
Altaria.
Who is more useful?
Altaria.
Swellow.
Who is the cutest?
Altaria.
Who is the coolest?
Swellow.

I voted Swellow. It's just so cool. ;D

Altaria, because it has a better design and every time I played RSE, I would replace Swellow with the newly-caught Swablu.

Who has a better design?

Hmm...Kawaii Cloud Bird, Generic Flying Starter Bird, Or Derpican? Altaria by far.

Who is more useful?

Swellow's alright, but guts isn't terribly useful in-game. Pelipper's outclassed by things that don't fry easily (and Gyara if you want to go that far) Whereas here he have a Dragon-type that isn't a total pain to level up in-game due to its low level once caught. Sides, it learns some great support moves.

Altaria, due to above.

Who is the cutest?

Altaria

Who is the coolest?

Swellow just glares at everything before slicing their vital organs open.

So yeah, Altaria beats them all easily.

I like the three of them, but Pelican manages to be amazing in his derpy own way. While Altaria relies on fluffiness and elegance and Swellow on coolness, Pelipper manages to be derpy cutesy. <3 Besides, despite his huge electric weakness and not so great stats, he can be a pretty nice team member and his typing is very useful for the first two Hoenn gyms, not to mention he is also fine for the rest.

Who has a better design? Altaria
Who would you have on your team? Altaria
Who is the coolest? Swellow

Altaria wins. :3

Who has a better design?

Hmm...Kawaii Cloud Bird, Generic Flying Starter Bird, Or Derpican? Altaria by far.

Who is more useful?

Swellow's alright, but guts isn't terribly useful in-game. Pelipper's outclassed by things that don't fry easily (and Gyara if you want to go that far) Whereas here he have a Dragon-type that isn't a total pain to level up in-game due to its low level once caught. Sides, it learns some great support moves.

Altaria, due to above.

Who is the cutest?

Altaria

Who is the coolest?

Swellow just glares at everything before slicing their vital organs open.

So yeah, Altaria beats them all easily.

This basically answers it for me. Derpy pelican is far too derpy and nowhere near as useful imo. D:

Who has a better design? - Altaria!!
Who is more useful? - I'd once again have to go with Altaria.
Who would you have on your team? - Come on!!! Altaria can learn Draco meteor!
Who is the cutest? - Altaria. no contest
Who is the coolest? - Altaria is a flying dragon-cloud-!! That makes it cool.

My answer is pretty clear! Altaria all the way!

Swellow. Nothing on Altaria, but Swellow's just too cool. And it makes for a great revenge killer.

Who has a better design?
Altaria
Who is more useful?
Altaria
Altaria
Who is the cutest?
Altaria
Who is the coolest?
Swellow
Why the fuck did I vote Swellow?
He is a major bro on my Nuzlocke run, so if that's not reason to vote for him over derpican and the unrealistically cute cloud bird(there is no fucking way that is a dragon), then I don'tknow what is.

Who is more useful? Tie of Altaria and Swellow
Who is the cutest? Pelipper

Altaria wins.

Altaria. It looks funny, and is rather strong. Pelipper's eye makes it look drunk.

Overall, Altaria is probably at least somewhat more useful, but I pick Swellow because it's got a really cool design.

Who has a better design? I like them all.
Who is more useful? I got more use of Peliper than the others But in general, looking at it, Altaria is probly the most useful.
Who would you have on your team? Peliper
Who is the cutest? Peliper

I chose Altaria, for its looks and overall usability. I have used one and it works wonders in any team arrangement. Plus, it's part Dragon-type, which also makes it a bit more badass than the other two.

Never underestimate the cloud bird, I learned. XD

Altaria
Altaria
Altaria
Altaria
Altaria

One of my favorite Pokemon ever. Pretty strong if you know how to use her, too. I love the design, a huge step above the "generic bird" mold.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom