• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Altered Movesets in Brilliant Diamond/Shining Pearl

The trailer did say "game footage not final", so I'm not too sure about Piplup having Water Gun. Then again, Bubble wasn't coded in to Sw/Sh. I do wonder how Unown will be handled in this game if Hidden Power is not returning. We have had Pokemon using moves in trailers before that they were later revealed not to learn, like Gardevoir with Fairy Wind in the XY trailers.
I feel like those moves will return. I want Bubble, Frustration, Return, Synchronoise, Flame Burst...to return! And of course, Hidden Power. The move should return, and there should be a new method of determining its type since even in gens where the Fairy type existed, Hidden Power could not become a Fairy-type move. It should be changed, so Hidden Power can become a Fairy-type move.

However, I don't want moves like Sonic Boom or Dragon Rage to come back, as if an early-game wild Pokemon can know this move, it will be a pretty imbalanced situation. And these moves will of course deal too little damage much later on.

I feel like those moves will return. I want Bubble, Frustration, Return, Synchronoise, Flame Burst...to return! And of course, Hidden Power. The move should return, and there should be a new method of determining its type since even in gens where the Fairy type existed, Hidden Power could not become a Fairy-type move. It should be changed, so Hidden Power can become a Fairy-type move.

However, I don't want moves like Sonic Boom or Dragon Rage to come back, as if an early-game wild Pokemon can know this move, it will be a pretty imbalanced situation. And these moves will of course deal too little damage much later on.

We've actually already confirmed that Return has, well, returned, as it was seen briefly in the previous trailer during the Super Contents. It's blink-and-you-miss-it, but Return is in the game. While we don't know about any other moves, at the very least we know that at least some moves are coming back. Just FYI.

I’m not going to talk too much about level-up movesets, but I do have an idea for how TMs and TRs could be handled.
Make the original Gen 4 TM roster BDSP’s TRs, only instead of getting them from raids, you can buy them or find them in the overworld. Then, the TMs could be all Gen 5+ moves. I don’t think we’ve had confirmation of any Gen 5+ moves appearing yet but it seems… implausible that there wouldn’t be any in this game. I can’t imagine a modern Pokémon title without Scald, for example. And you would get these TMs in much the same way, though maybe some would be given to you by an NPC.

We've actually already confirmed that Return has, well, returned, as it was seen briefly in the previous trailer during the Super Contents. It's blink-and-you-miss-it, but Return is in the game. While we don't know about any other moves, at the very least we know that at least some moves are coming back. Just FYI.
I was looking up Lugia the other day for reasons and was amazed to learn that Aeroblast was added back to SWSH just for it; when it became available in the DLC, so too did the move. Thus, I figure that perhaps Game Freak may indeed add moves back to later games as they have shown the effort and ability to.

Please note: The thread is from 2 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom