• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alternate color Pokémon in XD?

Argy

∠(>w<) #634
Reaction score
As the topic title suggests, is it possible to snag and/or catch alternate color Pokémon in XD?

I believe that there are alternate-coloured models for these Pokémon as well in XD.

MistyIRC said:
Do you mean "Shiny" Pokemon? If so, yes. Shiny Pokemon are only determined by a combination of various stat data. Naturally, this wouldn't change in XD.

Of course, it would change if the programmers didn't put that stat data into the game...

Zhen, what do you mean by "these Pokémon as well as in XD"?

I am not asking if people can transfer their alternate-color Pokémon from Game Boy game to XD. That's a given. I'm asking if there is a chance that trainers you battle in the XD RPG can possibly have alternate-color Pokémon, or if the Pokémon that appear in the PokéSpot can be alternate-color. I'm wondering if anyone has ever encountered them.

Of course, it would change if the programmers didn't put that stat data into the game...

Uh, if the programmers didn't put that data into the game, Pokemon wouldn't have genders. It's based on the internal gender value.

And the answer is yes. Someone on GameFAQs got a shiny. Keep in mind, though, that (I think) shiny shadow Pokemon will not demonstrate their shininess until after purification. I'm not entirely certain on this, though.

Please note: The thread is from 19 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom