• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alternate Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's obvious why they did this.

Victini is the cutest Pokemon ever, and so they made 2 movies dedicated to him to celebrate his awesomeness, because he is just that cool and super cuddly. I WANT ONE!!!

Whereas other legends only get 1 film dedicated to them and are never heard of again (screw you Manaphy) Victini is so awesome, that he gets two films, and probably a ton of anime appearances as well. As he is just the best pokemon ever. That's why he even gets before Snivy in the Udex, because he is that awesome, that he deserves to be at the front, of the queue, also in terms of natdex, Vuki is the god of cutness and so is next to the God of Pokemon.

yours sincerely
Victini's #1 fan

Re: Second Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate va

I cannot believe you used the word dead and Pokémon in the same sentence. If these 15 years proved proved anything it's that Pokémon will never die.

Yup, Pokémon will never die.

On the news, I'm sure these will be two separate movies but with significant plot differences once the movie plot progress. I like that the writers are being creative and doing something unique for a change. :D

I COMPLETELY AGREE with you, I hope these two separate movies won't be almost the same but just with slight variations in them. I hope these movies will be quite different from each other. It seems as though Ash and Pikachu, the protagonists, participate in a battle competition during the Harvest Festival of Aintork, home to the people of Earth, when the mysterious pokémon Victini appears. Up until this point the movies are the same, but the legendary pokémon varies between the two movies. In the 'Black Hero,' Zekrom appears after recognising a person in pursuit of the 'ideal,' while in 'White Hero,' Reshiram appears after recognising a person in pursuit of the 'truth.' Hopefully a third version of the 14th movie will be made called 'Victini And The Grey Hero: Kyurem' which involves Kyurem appearing after recognising a person in pursuit of 'emptiness' (or something like that anyway). I hope that this is a one-off thing and that they don't make alternate versions of EVERY Pokémon movie now, otherwise that would get very tedious. I also hope that both versions of the 14th movie will appear on ONE DVD instead of being sold separately. It seems like two different versions of the same movie being released on the same day has NEVER been done ANYWHERE in the WORLD before. Either way though, I'm very happy that the writers are being creative and doing something unique for a change (just like you mentioned). ^_^

Re: Second Victini movie confirmed: Reshiram and Zekrom to be featured in separate va

They stopped milking the cash cow and just CUT it open. I certainly hope Pokémon doesn't end up becoming another overused dead franchise...

Exactly, two separate releases = double money :eek:hdear:

129787809.gif

Sounds like a good idea, but only as a one off, it would be silly if they started doing this every year. I hope there is at least some different in the storylines though, and that they have different endings or something. Funnily enough, I had a dream a few nights ago about the novelisation of these movies; on each double page, White Hero was on the left page and Black Hero on the right. So if you're reading White Hero you just read the left pages and vice versa. Yeah I know, weird... ^^

A few questions though... if the storylines are going to be that similar, will some of the footage be used in both movies? And will they have separate DVD releases?

Sounds interesting, a novel like that.

As for the DVD, technically, if the two films aren't that different, they should be able to be put both together via seamless branching (ie. all footage that is the same between both films only be on the disc once and only have different footage where Reshiram and Zekrom are involved).

Of course, financially, we may get two separate releases. I'm going to trust they'll put together, but you never know. Hell, I didn't expect two different films.

The Zoroark movie did end up on theatres this time. It might be an exception, but who knows?

It wasn't a wide release. Granted, the same could be said for Pokemon 4 and 5. Again, TPCi may've been testing the waters and plan on getting Pokemon back in theaters. Again, time will tell.

Sonic is already a very weak franchise.
Pokémon has anime, games, manga which are still popular. Black & White being the fastest selling DS games ever only confirms my theory.

From what I've read, it seems that the only difference is the mascot Pokémon.

Group walks = Group walks
They help someone = They help someone
Reshiam attacks the town = Zekrom attacks the town

I wouldn't be surprised if they go with that.
You don't know that, do you? I myself don't have any proof, but I doubt they would simply switch out the mascots. If anything, they would change the events or something. Two movies means double money, nothing can stop them from drawing alternate scenes.

I'm expecting them to edit the movies into one in the States... or to commission them for connecting footage like they did for 4ever.

Is it any surprise the best legendary Pokemon ever gets 2 movies dedicated to it???

We love you Victini!!!

Shiroki Eiyuu. How could I not have guessed.

And all I can think about right now is that this is going to be a huge disappointment to those people who thought that "The Black Hero" was referring to Keldeo, and were like "NO, GAME FREAK IS GOING TO BE SOPHISTICATED THIS TIME AND MAKE 'DARK' TAKE ITS LITERARY MEANING".

It looks like the alternate universe theory a ton of us have is being put into play afterall. It makes me wonder exactly how the next movie will handle this. Considering the "God Stone", I'd say Kyurem will shed light on as to why these two movies are... two movies.

Reminds me of eva, where they release 500 versions. Like the TV version, the condensed movie version, the alternate mindscrew ending version, the Directors Cut version, the rebuild version, blah blah blah.

I hope they don't do another trilogy like the DP movies. That wasn't a good idea.

On the bright side, the first BW movie has to be better than the last couple of DP movies. The fact that we have a better cast this time around assures it.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this work out! :'D Should be very interesting, and works out well for my sister and me. I like Zekrom better, and she was bitter that there was no Reshiram movie. But hey, now we each get out own movie! Sweet!

Good luck TPCi, I wonder how will they handle it? Two simultaneous airings on CN or a theatrical release (who'm I kidding?).

Pokémon has anime, games, manga which are still popular. Black & White being the fastest selling DS games ever only confirms my theory.

I'm not saying Pokémon is dead, I'm saying that they might abuse all the franchise and draw out all the money of it before leaving it like a rag. Pokémon is amazing, but nothing, not even Pokémon, is as important as making profit. I don't want Pokémon to end, but I don't like it when I see that it is being abused for money. Sooner than later, some fans will abandon it, and the newer ones won't be able to cover them.

You don't know that, do you? I myself don't have any proof, but I doubt they would simply switch out the mascots. If anything, they would change the events or something. Two movies means double money, nothing can stop them from drawing alternate scenes.

The main character Satoshi and his Pikachu are participating in the harvest festival battle held in Eind Oak, where the People of the Land live; the story is the same up until they meet the mysterious Pokemon Victini, but the legendary Pokemon differs for each of the two movies. "Black Hero" features Zekrom, which first appears when it acknowledges a human in pursuit of "dreams," and "White Hero" features Reshiram, which first appears when it acknowledges a human in pursuit of "truth."

So a human and the mascot is different, still not that much. I really hope it isn't the same thing with a few tweaks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom