• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Alto/Mare Shipping General Discussion

Who do you think kissed Ash?

• Latias

Votes: 23 65.7%
  • Bianca

Votes: 12 34.3%

• Total voters

Advanceshipper #1

Got Pokemon Black!!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I don't think Bulbagarden has a Alto/Mare Shipping General Discussion thread yet so I thought it would be nice to start one!:cheers:

So lets start the thread by asking

Who do you Believe kissed Ash?

I'm kind of a noob right now, so don't bash me

Last edited:
i'm not sure but i hope it was bianca since human/pokemon shippings aren't my thing but don't worry i respect altoshipping.

Well, I think it was Latias who kissed Ash, however sometimes I wish it was Bianca because it would be more natural if a human kissed Ash lol.

3243227123_9c915b75f3_m.jpg

I think she's checking him out already. lol

Last edited:
I'd also say it was Latias. From the events of the movie, I just don't see Bianca really getting to know or like Ash well enough for her to race through the city just to kiss him before he left. Latias, on hte other hand, was very attached to Ash from the moment she met him.

Yeah, I remember Lorenzo saying something like "She's (latias) really taken a liking to this young man"

Ah, it's been a while since I've seen any discussion on these ship on the internet... I almost thought that they were dead.

In my opinion, it was probably Latias that kissed Ash. As has been pointed out, she was the one who constantly showed affection towards him, Bianca only speaking to Ash on a few occasions.

There's the popular argument that since Bianca's beret was shown to be left on the easel, then it could have been Bianca. Then since the animators went to such effort to make this a possibility, then it's likely true. However, it's more likely that beret was shown to give the excuse that "Hey, Ash was kissed by a human all along" if the thought of Latias kissing him would seriously offend people.

But that's all simply canon- ships can be left to the imagination as much as they like and be no less valid ;)

I've always supported the theory that it was Latias. It fits in with her behaviour through-out the film.

That and a Human x Pokemon pairing is more... interesting than a Human x Human pairing. xD

I've always thought it was pretty obvious that it was Latias for the reasons mentioned above. The subtle baret clue might just have been tossed in there to create a bit of mystery as to who it was.

Personally I prefer it to be Latias :p

Logically, I think it is Bianca. Firstly, the hat. The hat was supposed to be on Bianca head. But the hat was left, so you cannot say that it is Latias because she didn't wear hat.
Secondly, you cannot say just because she didn't talk and didn't wear hat, she is Latias. Bianca could do it. She should have been disguised as Latias so she could freely do anything without being herself.
Thirdly, the painting is Bianca's. Latias should has no reason to give it away to Ash, I think.
Lastly, why Bianca painted Ash and Pikachu at the first place? :p I don't think Bianca did it for Latias, since Bianca had started the painting before Bianca met Latias and Ash.

dunno, lol.

It probably is Latias, but I do enjoy the idea that a human did the kiss.

I think it was Latias. I don't remember a lot of the details, but her actions throughout the movie showed that she liked Ash quite a bit, while Bianca's actions weren't so focused on him.

Personally I prefer it to be Latias :p

Logically, I think it is Bianca. Firstly, the hat. The hat was supposed to be on Bianca head. But the hat was left, so you cannot say that it is Latias because she didn't wear hat.
Secondly, you cannot say just because she didn't talk and didn't wear hat, she is Latias. Bianca could do it. She should have been disguised as Latias so she could freely do anything without being herself.
Thirdly, the painting is Bianca's. Latias should has no reason to give it away to Ash, I think.
Lastly, why Bianca painted Ash and Pikachu at the first place? :p I don't think Bianca did it for Latias, since Bianca had started the painting before Bianca met Latias and Ash.

dunno, lol.

i agree with you. there's a possiblity that bianca might have been the one that kissed ash

I don't know exactly who kissed Ash in this episode :loopy: , but there are some hints about this (obtained from bulbapedia):

Bianca's Hint:
-Bianca's hat is left on the easel. There is a possibility that Bianca tried to look like Latias in her human guise by leaving her hat there so that Ash wouldn't think it was Bianca who kissed him.
Conundrum.png

Who took the drawing: Bianca or Latias?

Latias Hint:
-At the end of the movie when Ash is about to leave, Latias runs up to Ash and kisses Ash on the cheek. While the possibility of it being Bianca is noted, the fact that she does not speak and is not wearing the white beret means that Latias is the more likely of the two.

So, What is your choice? :loopy:

( source: Shipping:AltoShipping - Bulbapedia, the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia )

I think it was Latias that kissed Ash, as Latias had more and stronger shipping hints throughout the movie.

U people forgot one thing
Latias can't drew remember so the fact that Bianca drew a picture of Ash without telling him might be a form of attraction she felt toward Ash
What does it matter ? It's anime
Which mean those who wanna Believe Bianca kiss Ash, than for them Bianca kissed Ash
Those who believe Latias kissed Ash, For Them Latias kissed Ash

Please note: The thread is from 12 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom