• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one who puts a Pokemon in their party and intends to train it but then decides not to, therefore putting it right back into the box?

I do that a lot - especially in post-game when I already have my complete Hall-Of-Fame team and want to raise new ones. It's hard to choose someone new when I'm used to an old team.

Am I the only one who likes to use Thief to thieve items from other trainers?

Am I the only one who puts a Pokemon in their party and intends to train it but then decides not to, therefore putting it right back into the box?

I do that a lot - especially in post-game when I already have my complete Hall-Of-Fame team and want to raise new ones. It's hard to choose someone new when I'm used to an old team.

Wait...you can do that? I only used it on wild pokemon.

Technically, it's stealing from their pokemons XDD I thieved a Leftovers from a GameFreak employee in Castelia City who was using a Clefairy.

It also works on Gym Battles. Since most of their pokemons are holding Sitrus Berries, you can thieve it using Thief.

Am I the only one who finds breeding annoying?

Technically, it's stealing from their pokemons XDD I thieved a Leftovers from a GameFreak employee in Castelia City who was using a Clefairy.

It also works on Gym Battles. Since most of their pokemons are holding Sitrus Berries, you can thieve it using Thief.

Am I the only one who finds breeding annoying?

Just the waiting... having to ride back and forth back and forth...

Since the last person didn't ask afterwards:

I don't find breeding THAT annoying, to be honest.

Am I the only one here that EV trains without relying on Pokérus?

Am I the only one here that EV trains without relying on Pokérus?

No, I do too. But I'd like to. If only my mons would catch it. It'd make things so much easier.

Speaking of EV training, am I the only one here who spends all my money on vitamins?

Speaking of EV training, am I the only one here who spends all my money on vitamins?

I don't care about vitamins, waste of my money.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about completing the Pokédex? I envision a team, create it and stop catching pokémon.

Am I the only one who doesn't care about completing the Pokédex? I envision a team, create it and stop catching pokémon.
I don't bother filling the Pokedex either. I don't envision my teams either; I pick up whatever I think I'll need at any given moment.

Am I the only one around here who wonders why B/W turned the Manhattan Garment District into a desert wasteland? Or why there's a volcano in north Queens? The rest of the region is semi-plausible, but those two are just silly.

Am I the only one who, starting with Gen 3, makes a separate PC box for each Pokemon type and groups all of the same type together? I match the background to type too.

I do the same thing, but I generally organize them by type or color depending on what team I'm running. (I do, however, match the backgrounds to what box I am organizing :) ) I also have "Random" boxes and "Trade Fodder" boxes for transferring from previous games. Lol.

Am I the only one who saves all unhatched/unneeded eggs for trade fodder?

I used to, but when I discovered EV training I quit the Vitamins cold turkey. Now I just sell the things.
Nope, I do the same. I also figure that hey, I may need whatever's in that egg later anyway. (I am such a hoarder....)

Am I the only one here who makes trades based solely on gut instinct? For example: I spotted a Golett on GTS about four days ago; it was normal colored and at level 5. The trainer wanted a Samurott for it. For some odd reason, something told me that I had to get that Golett so I hunted down a Samurott and traded. As it turned out, what I got was a pretty decent little battler: Brave with Iron Fist. My gut instinct panned out. I've had that happen more than once and nearly every time, I get something good in return. Weird.

I used to, but when I discovered EV training I quit the Vitamins cold turkey. Now I just sell the things.
Nope, I do the same. I also figure that hey, I may need whatever's in that egg later anyway. (I am such a hoarder....)

Am I the only one here who makes trades based solely on gut instinct? For example: I spotted a Golett on GTS about four days ago; it was normal colored and at level 5. The trainer wanted a Samurott for it. For some odd reason, something told me that I had to get that Golett so I hunted down a Samurott and traded. As it turned out, what I got was a pretty decent little battler: Brave with Iron Fist. My gut instinct panned out. I've had that happen more than once and nearly every time, I get something good in return. Weird.
Speaking for myself, yes. I only trade when I need the Pokemon and it would not be a bad deal like Samurott for Golett. Also vitamins make EV training faster. Am I the only one who is obsessed with a certain 'mon?

Am I the only one who thinks using psuedo legendaries are cheating?

No, but I think using legendaries is.

Am I the only one who finds Little Cup battles more interesting than standard battles?

Nope not at all I sort of like them a bit more than the standard battles

Am I the only one around here who has to collect every single hidden item with the Dowsing Machine in the games even though it can be a pain in the butt.

Am I the only one around here who has to collect every single hidden item with the Dowsing Machine in the games even though it can be a pain in the butt.

No at all. Well, I try hard.

Am I the only one who has ever used Unown seriously? I was a noob back then ._.

No at all. Well, I try hard.

Am I the only one who has ever used Unown seriously? I was a noob back then ._.

Nope. I tried once in Pokémon Stadium 2, but it just sucks way too much.

Am I the only one around here who desperately wants Intelligent Systems to make Pokémon Stadium 3 for the Wii U? (Fuck Genius Sorority, the mess that is Pokémon Battle Revolution is all their fault).

Speaking for myself, yes. I only trade when I need the Pokemon and it would not be a bad deal like Samurott for Golett. Also vitamins make EV training faster. Am I the only one who is obsessed with a certain 'mon?
You have no idea what I've given up just for a shiny Golett or a Dream Worlder. I've lost count of the many Arceus trades I've done. And no regrets! :sweatlol:

Then there's my Japanese Sawk: he was offered for a Jirachi. I figured, "Oh, why not?" What I got was a Sawk with perfect Attack. What I gave up was a semi-decent Jirachi. (I don't do it all the time but when I get that "You need to grab that Pokemon" urge, I listen. Sometimes it can be worth it, especially if you love to breed.)

I used to use Vitamins, if only to get my team attached to me at a quicker pace but now I love EV training so much that I just don't use them. Seriously, the time I use for EV training is "bonding time"; I've had many a Golurk who didn't love me start adoring me within a couple of hours after some heavy training. We start with Attack and go from there.

And no, you're not the only one obsessed with a certain 'Mon. Um, my many boxes of Automatons kinda prove that point! :lol:

Am I the only one here who thinks of Join Avenue as a second home? I actually try and save my game there on a nightly basis and I stick around Nimbasa because I want to be close to "my" Avenue.

Am I the only one who will go through spurts of trying to hatch a shiny and then completely forget or get bored? xD
No, because I'm trying to force myself to soldier on with my shiny Elekid hunt. This one's tougher than the Golett hunt. (Gee, I wonder why....)

Am I the only one running out of storage space in my PC? Um, I'm getting kinda critical here. >.<

Me too, I am getting seriously cramped.

Am I the only one who is eager for Pokemon White 2 to surpass all my other games as the longest played in the 3DS activity log?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom