• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one that doesn't have interest in training their Pokemon to Lv 100? I honestly feel it's a lot of effort and I don't really get much out of it, so I just train my pokes to lv 70 (or maybe 75 at max, though I have a few like my Gengar and Dragonite that are 80+), and leave it at that.

Ever since they removed the Lvl. 100 branch of Battle Tower (and all it's reincarnations) I kind of feel like training to 100 is pointless unless you plan on playing competitively against other players, which I don't do very often at all. So yeah, you're not the only one.

Am I the only one who gets stuck for long periods of time trying to come up with a cool nickname for my Pokemon team?

No, I usually don't nickname any Pokémon but my main fighters but I have a friend who took a day to come up with a good Volcarona nickname (for the record, it was Quetzlcotl (Mayan sun god, Quetzalcoatl without the character limit)).

Am I the only one who sees any battling value in Abomasnow?

Am I the only one who pronounces Reshiram resh-EE-ram?

Am I the only one who gets stuck for long periods of time trying to come up with a cool nickname for my Pokemon team?
No, you are not. I sometimes spend a few days trying to find the perfect name for one of my teammates.

Am I the only one here who plans on swamping Wonder Trade with Feebas once Pokemon Bank is released? I'm dead sick of the "I'll trade you this shiny if you have something unobtainable" crud I see on GTS and want to do anything possible to freaking stop it.

Not necessarily. At least for my main Pokemons, I think of personal names as well. For example, my nicknames:

Bulbasaur (m) -> Venusaur: Bernarde
Axew (m) -> Haxorus: Andreo
Froakie (f) -> Greninja: Fernanda
Abra (m) -> Kadabra: Abraham
Pansear(m) -> Simisear: Pedro
Pikachu (f) -> Raichu: Jeanne; For those who don't get this, it comes from the Electric Tales of Pikachu manga where Ash names his male Pikachu as Jean-Luc Pikachu.

Ahem,

Am I the only one who thinks it sucks that Pokemon-Amie effects don't kick in for Kiloude City's Battle Maison?

Am I also the only one who wants to play Black and White 2, after playing XY? (XY was my first Pokemon game since Crystal.)

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom