• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one who, starting with Gen 3, makes a separate PC box for each Pokemon type and groups all of the same type together? I match the background to type too.

I used to do that, until I started with this:

Am I the only one around here who organizes their Pokémon in the PC boxes by Pokédex number? It makes them so much easier to find.

You're not alone...I used to organize Pokemon by type, but I usually leave it unorganized, especially when doing my main playthough of the storyline. For my Platinum and White versions, I have 1-493 arranged by dex number on platinum, and 494-649 by dex number on White. HG, W2, and emerald are very disorganized.

Last edited:
You didnt add a "Am I the only one.."

Aaaanyway, I have a vague idea what EV training is now. I'll test it out later. I dont really feel like making something kill 100 zubats, Though ¬.¬

You didnt add a "Am I the only one.."

Aaaanyway, I have a vague idea what EV training is now. I'll test it out later. I dont really feel like making something kill 100 zubats, Though ¬.¬

Once you find out how to properly EV train, you'll end up defeating only 15 Zubat. :)

Anser: I need pokerus and power items. I have no BP and I dont have pokerus.

Kouzan: No, I'm in the same boat

Am I the only one who doesn't completely understand EV training?

I do, but I don't care about EV training.

I ask again: Am I the only one here who does not hate or dislike Jynx?

Am I the only one who doesn't completely understand EV training?

I do, but I don't care about EV training.

I ask again: Am I the only one here who does not hate or dislike Jynx?

Nope I like Jynx.

Am I the only who didn't know the dubbed anime is the only one divided into seasons?

Ehh... No, but I don't care about the anime. It sucks in my opinion.

Am I the only one around here who hates when people here in the forums refer to Pokémon, places or characters by their Japanese names? What the hell, for us it's SABRINA, not Natsume. It's ALOMOMOLA, not Mamanbou. We speak English around here, not Japanese. It's frustrating because when they do that, I don't know what they're talking about. Why do they even do it?

Am I the only one he, who got a girlfriend(boyfriend if you re girl :D) that calls me a child, when I play Pokemon?

am I the only one who, when he (I) got Diamond (or whatever game you were expecting for a really long time), played it nearly non-stop for weeks.

My definition of nearly non-stop: you wake up, you turn on your console, and you play until you have to go to universirty/work/shower and then turned it back on when you were back until you went to bed. That means playing while eating, cookiing, watching movies, etc.

When I got Diamond 2 years ago, my social life was inexistent: I ate, I slept, I played. I'm more parsimonious now though :D

Am I the only one around here who hates when people here in the forums refer to Pokémon, places or characters by their Japanese names? What the hell, for us it's SABRINA, not Natsume. It's ALOMOMOLA, not Mamanbou. We speak English around here, not Japanese. It's frustrating because when they do that, I don't know what they're talking about. Why do they even do it?

Again, I think you should be more respectful. No everyone here lives in America or in countries where the "English" names of the Pokémon, places and characters are used, you know? So, there is no point in getting angry because they don't use the names YOU like and are used to hear/read. Plus, there is a feature in the forums that link the Japanese names to their pages on bulbapedia, you just need to put the cursor above the name to know that Fushigidane is Bulbasaur and Hitokage is Charmander.

And go on, ignore my post like you did earlier.

Again, I think you should be more respectful. No everyone here lives in America or in countries where the "English" names of the Pokémon, places and characters are used, you know? So, there is no point in getting angry because they don't use the names YOU like and are used to hear/read. Plus, there is a feature in the forums that link the Japanese names to their pages on bulbapedia, you just need to put the cursor above the name to know that Fushigidane is Bulbasaur and Hitokage is Charmander.

And go on, ignore my post like you did earlier.

To be honest, I don't care. It still bothers me. I think one of the forum's rules is that you should speak English. English isn't even my first language and I stick to that rule, so I think everyone else should too. I'm going to look for that feature you mentioned, which I didn't know existed. Thanks for the tip!

Am I the only one who takes around a half a year after the release of a new pokemon game to complete the main storyline?

Am I the only one who takes around a half a year after the release of a new pokemon game to complete the main storyline?
Well not really. It took me years to complete Pearl because I was scared of victory road, though. lol But now I'm not scared of victory road so I get through the games quickly. My shortest record is exactly two weeks in SoulSilver, it would've been sooner but for some reason I got scared of the Elite 4 and trained my team to level 60. Turns out the Elite 4 were only level 40. -_- I had an easy time in Kanto because of that, though. lol so anyways to answer your question: I used to. But now it takes me a few weeks only.

Am I the only one around here who arranges their PC boxes by color? Like all the blue Pokémon together, then one that's for example half blue and half red I'd put a red Pokémon beside it then group all the red ones then for example one was red with a hint of yellow I'd put a yellow Pokémon beside it, etc. It's a bit hard but I like to see them arranged by color for some reason. lol (I used to not arrange them like that, though)

Am I the only one here who has never gotten a Pokémon game as soon as it is released?

Am I the only one here who has never gotten a Pokémon game as soon as it is released?

I didn't get D/P/Pt until like a year and a half after it came out, and it was about six months after HG/SS that I finally bought it.
Was quicker to get B2 though.

Am I the only one who refuses to put aesthetically similar or same-typed/move-sharing Pokemon on a team?

unless like monotyping or something like that

I didn't get D/P/Pt until like a year and a half after it came out, and it was about six months after HG/SS that I finally bought it.
Was quicker to get B2 though.

Am I the only one who refuses to put aesthetically similar or same-typed/move-sharing Pokemon on a team?

unless like monotyping or something like that

Uhh, I'm not sure if I understood this. Could you please explain it a little bit more thoroughly? Thanks :)

I mean like if I'm making a team, I either don't like having any Pokemon that share a typing, and I don't like any of them to have any of the same moves if I can avoid it, so I can have as much move and type diversity as possible. And for the aesthetic thing, I prefer to use Pokemon that have a variety of different body types (avian, cuadal, anthromorphic, etc) and don't share similar traits.

Idk sorry its confusing lol.

I mean like if I'm making a team, I either don't like having any Pokemon that share a typing, and I don't like any of them to have any of the same moves if I can avoid it, so I can have as much move and type diversity as possible. And for the aesthetic thing, I prefer to use Pokemon that have a variety of different body types (avian, cuadal, anthromorphic, etc) and don't share similar traits.

Idk sorry its confusing lol.

Ah, got it now! I don't like having repeated types, even if they're secondary. In Emerald, I gave up on Camerupt because I already had Swampert, and they're both Ground types. I don't mind having repeated moves, though. In Black, both my Gothitelle and my Chandelure know Psychic, and both my Archeops and my Haxorus know Earthquake. I don't mind about the body shapes either.

Am I the only one who wants to battle someone here but is really afraid of losing? Hahahahaha

Am I the only one who wants to battle someone here but is really afraid of losing? Hahahahaha

Yes and no. I really wanna battle someone here as well. but the only reason I don't battle is because of a lack of wi-fi. I don't fear loss.

Am I the only one around here who has wondered how much those ladies that ask you "What floor would you like to go to?" and push buttons on an elevator as their job get paid?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom