• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one who doesn't mind more legendaries?

Am I the only one annoyed with every town ending with "Town" or "City"?

Am I the only one who doesn't mind more legendaries?

Am I the only one annoyed with every town ending with "Town" or "City"?

NO, you're not. I have a hard time thinking of another word, though.

I'll say one that someone already said here. Am I the only one who thinks they should tone down the amount of legendaries introduced in each generation?

No, I agree with that. There are too many legendary Pokemon and it kind of makes them less special by having so many.

Am I the only one who, when I catch my fave Pokemon, I then catch another of the same species but the opposite sex and keep her in my party, so my fave Pokemon has a girlfriend. I never train the girlfriend, just carry her round in my party xD

Last edited:
This thread is ONLY going to work if you answer someone else's question when posting your own. Everyone just posting questions and no one answering them is pointless.

In the last eleven posts only one question was actually answered.

Am I the only one who thinks this discussion is getting old?

If you're not going to contribute properly then please don't post at all.

Oops, sorry dude, I didn't understand how to play properly :O I'll go back and edit mine to answer the chap's question above me.

Sorry isnt this more than a game?? Well it seems to have gone off track a little so ill start it off again...

]Am I the only one who, when I catch my fave Pokemon, I then catch another of the same species but the opposite sex and keep her in my party, so my fave Pokemon has a girlfriend. I never train the girlfriend, just carry her round in my party xD

You might be surprised to hear this, but yes, you are :).
Am I the only person who doesnt name my pokemon EVER??

Sorry isnt this more than a game?? Well it seems to have gone off track a little so ill start it off again...

]Am I the only one who, when I catch my fave Pokemon, I then catch another of the same species but the opposite sex and keep her in my party, so my fave Pokemon has a girlfriend. I never train the girlfriend, just carry her round in my party xD

You might be surprised to hear this, but yes, you are :).

No, you're not. I've never liked to put nicknames to my Pokémon.

Am I the only one around here who has never even entered the Pokémon Musicals building in Black/White?

Am i the only one that thinks all grass types are awesome and end up crying when a pokemon dies on a nuzlocke?
Am I the only one who used the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag?

Am I the only one who deliberately lost to certain trainers to fight them again?
No i use the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag too.

Anser said:
... Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about getting shiny Pokémon at all?

Probably not, although I have been trying to get a shiny of my favourites (Wartortle, Espeon and Crobat) for a long time. I've not managed so far, but have managed to find some in random encounters - a shiny Ditto and a Pidove (now an Unfezant).

Dread Advocate said:
Am I the only one who doesn't EV/IV train?

No, I don't EV/IV train either.

dannyjenn said:
Am I the only one who saves the Master Ball and never ends up using it?

I always intend to use the Master Ball on one of the legendaries I haven't caught yet, but when I come to choose which Ball to use, I don't usually end up using it. Oftentimes I've ended up using it on a normal Pokémon.

sonic10158 said:
Am I the only one who thinks the whole Victory Road --> Elite 4 & Champion is getting old?

Definitely not. I was crying out for literally any kind of variation on this theme at all - even the chance to fight the E4 in any order I wanted was welcome in Generation V.

soulmaster said:
Am I the only one who goes against the popular starter and picks the least popular one?

Probably not. I usually pick the Fire type and then regret it half-way through, wishing I'd picked the Water type instead. The only exception to this was in Kanto, where I picked Squirtle and never regretted it. As of Generation IV I hardly ever have a grass type anymore.

mwto said:
Am I the only one who finds it annoying that pokemon can't reach their full potential without evolving?

Definitely not! This drives me mad. There are entire evolution families I don't touch because I hate the final evolution. I don't like Dragonite very much, even though I love Dragons, and love my Dragonair, but I don't use her because she's not powerful enough, and I refuse to evolve her. The same goes for Wartortle and Blastoise and all of Torchic's line (I hate both evolutions). I'm also pretty close to not liking Haxorus, but I like dragons so much that I got used to it. I can't get over it with Dragonair/Dragonite though, for some reason.

mwetwe said:

Up until recently I didn't do that either, but more due to lack of creativity than anything else.

Am I the only one who will only catch certain Pokémon if they're of a specific gender? For example, I would never catch a male Dratini (because Dragonair always seems like she should be female to me).

@LanguageSponge; no I do that too

Am I the only one who doesn't like Arceus

No, I don't like Arceus either. On a related note -

Am I only the one who hates almost all Normal types?

Hmm, maybe. I mean, I hate weak Normal Pokémon (this sounds like something Silver would say) like Raticate, Linoone, Bidoof, Watchog, etc. However, there are some very good Normal-typed Pokémon like Snorlax, Miltank, Blissey, Slaking and many others.

Am I the only one around here who has never gotten an Event Pokémon? D:

@LanguageSponge; no I do that too

Am I the only one who doesn't like Arceus

No, I don't like Arceus either. On a related note -

Am I only the one who hates almost all Normal types?

Hmm, maybe. I mean, I hate weak Normal Pokémon (this sounds like something Silver would say) like Raticate, Linoone, Bidoof, Watchog, etc. However, there are some very good Normal-typed Pokémon like Snorlax, Miltank, Blissey, Slaking and many others.

Am I the only one around here who has never gotten an Event Pokémon? D:

Well, I will be getting Black/White 2 soon when it's released in Europe, so one of my goals will be to try out one of those many Normal-types that I'd normally just ignore. You are also not the only one here who hasn't got an Event Pokémon - I haven't either.

Related to my reply above, am I the only one who, upon the release of a new Pokémon game or upon starting a new save file, sets goals to try Pokémon/types/strategies I haven't tried before?

LS

mwto, no problem. Regarding your question, this is something I try to remember to do, but I am always caught short, and it's usually by poison or burn. I always used to forget to stock up on Antidotes before going into Mount Moon, and back then I couldn't be bothered to train all that hard, and usually got poisoned by either the Super Nerd's Koffing or, if I was playing on Yellow, James's Koffing/Jessie's Ekans on the way out. Consequently, I'd sometimes black out.

Am I the only one around here who used to get lost in Mount Moon? :p

No problem, @mwto. Sorry about that!

@LanguageSponge No, you're not. I also got lost at the Rock Tunnel, which is worse because it's completely dark, and I refused to spend one of my Pokémon's move slots in useless Flash.

Am I the only one who doesn't like to use any legendary Pokémon in competitive battling?

Anser, no you're not, I don't like using legendaries in competitive battling either. In fact, I've only ever used one legendary very often at all - that was my Dialga, which for some reason was my favourite legendary. I got lost in Rock Tunnel so many times and for so many hours each time that even after not going through the tunnel for years now, I could definitely still get through it without Flash without any problem even now. But it took me dozens of navigations of getting horribly lost to get to that point.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom