• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one around here who doesn't want to see the basic game formula changed? I'm more than fine with the 8 Gyms + Elite Four and Champion setting... If anything I would add two or four more Gyms, but that's about it.

Am I the only one who thinks using legendary Pokemon during the main story line is just annoying?

Anser, I agree with you completely, except I wouldn't add anymore gyms to the region itself, but I'd do the G/S thing and possibly add the previous gen region after you beat the E4, but I don't really care if anyone does that or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I the only one who thinks using legendary Pokemon during the main story line is just annoying?

No, you're not. I hated having to have used Reshiram manditorily in the battle against N in Black. I wanted to use the team that accompanied me through the whole story so I could end it with them, and I had to leave my Beartic out of the battle :mad:

Anser, I agree with you completely, except I wouldn't add anymore gyms to the region itself, but I'd do the G/S thing and possibly add the previous gen region after you beat the E4, but I don't really care if anyone does that or not.

This would be amazing as well!

Am I the only one who has never used chains, Masuda method or anything when catching shiny Pokémon? Mine have appeared naturally.

Am I the only one who think Whitney is a joke? The game not only gives you a female Machop, but Miltank can also not scratch Geodude, and if you have neither of those, you can buy X Items and use them while Clefairy is out.

Am I the only one who think Whitney is a joke? The game not only gives you a female Machop, but Miltank can also not scratch Geodude, and if you have neither of those, you can buy X Items and use them while Clefairy is out.

She could be tough back in the GSC days (or maybe I just wasn't as good or strategic when I was younger...) but yeah, I've never had any trouble with Whitney in the remakes though. She's a piece of cake if you paralyze her Miltank and spam Sand-Attack on it.

Am I the only one who used the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag?

Am I the only one who deliberately lost to certain trainers to fight them again?

I do this. Every single time. I was kinda annoyed for some reason when I beat the Unova E4 on my first try when I was only testing them out to gain levels... :I

... Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about getting shiny Pokémon at all?

I don't really like shiny Pokmon. I've only caught one ever but I don't like the shiny colors in most cases so I don't really care. I would never "shiny hunt" as people call it (basically look hours on end specifically for a shiny) because I'd rather just find them randomly.

I had the hardest time with her back in Gold. In HeartGold she was moderately difficult, but I managed to beat her on my first try.

Am I the only one who got stunned in Route 10 in Black/White by its awesome music?

Am I the only one who really loves Tepig's design? Disliked it at first, then grew to love it. :3

... Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about getting shiny Pokémon at all?
I don't care either, well atleast in the Gen II and Gen III games. In Gen IV I think they are helpful for trades.
Am I the only one who never played BW & B2W2 and never will?

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't use items you can't buy?

Nope, I always save them indefinitely. I now have 216 legit Rare Candies, lol.
Am I the only one that plays with the opposite gender PC?
No,you're not, I did that on platinum

Am I the only one who never used dragon type pokemon in my team?(I probably am)

I don't care either, well atleast in the Gen II and Gen III games. In Gen IV I think they are helpful for trades.

:S Why not? You really should give it a try. Black is definitely the best of all the games, and I have played Pokémon since Blue when I was 6. By the way, my username is Anser, not Answer ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Game Freak did an AWFUL job with FireRed/LeafGreen's soundtrack? God, those remixes sound horrible.

:S Why not? You really should give it a try. Black is definitely the best of all the games, and I have played Pokémon since Blue when I was 6. By the way, my username is Anser, not Answer ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Game Freak did an AWFUL job with FireRed/LeafGreen's soundtrack? God, those remixes sound horrible.

LOL i typed it manually because I couldn't be bother to quote your comment. Oh well

I agree with your FireRed/LeafGreen soundtrack, it does sound terrible. well maybe except the Viridian Forest IMO.

Am I the only one that plays with the opposite gender PC?
Nope, my hubby does it constantly. He never likes the way the male characters look, apparently. And I had do do the same thing in the days of Red and Silver: there was no girl option. Man, I'm glad they changed that.

Am I the only one who feels guilty for releasing a Pokemon? I look for a reason to keep most of mine. And don't get me started on the shiny Golett hunt--hatch one perfect Golett, keep all 30 in that run. :sweatlol:

LOL i typed it manually because I couldn't be bother to quote your comment. Oh well

I agree with your FireRed/LeafGreen soundtrack, it does sound terrible. well maybe except the Viridian Forest IMO.

X__X I happen to think that Viridian Forest sounds the worst of all the songs... And you didn't answer my question about Black :C

Am I the only one around here who thought the skeleton pokemons (missingnos) were real pokemons that came back from the dead?

Am I the only one who finds it weird that you can battle with your pokemon who is currently surfing?

Am I the only one who finds Johto's and Sinnoh's dependence on previous regions' Pokemon irritating?

I find that irritating too. I counted 23 pokemon in Sinnoh that evolve from or into previous generation's Pokemon. Granted, I do like the eeveeloutions and Yanmega. That is one of my biggest problems with the newer generations.

Am I the only one who finds it weird that you can battle with your pokemon who is currently surfing?

Yeah, it's pretty weird. Easpecially with you on the Pokemon.

Am I the only one who doesn't let there Pokemon evolve and trains them to insane levels?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom