• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one who doesn't EV/IV train?
No. I don't EV/IV train. I've tried and ended up being terrible at it.
Am I the only one who saves the Master Ball and never ends up using it?
I always say that I'll use the master ball but I never do. I once put it in the PC so I didn't accidentally use it and later ran into Latios. Needless to say, I don't have a Latios.

Am I the only one who primarily uses an emulator to play?

Last edited:
... Am I the only one around here who doesn't care about getting shiny Pokémon at all?
I don't care either, well atleast in the Gen II and Gen III games. In Gen IV I think they are helpful for trades.
Am I the only one who never played BW & B2W2 and never will?

:S Why not? You really should give it a try. Black is definitely the best of all the games, and I have played Pokémon since Blue when I was 6. By the way, my username is Anser, not Answer ;)

Am I the only one who thinks Game Freak did an AWFUL job with FireRed/LeafGreen's soundtrack? God, those remixes sound horrible.

LOL i typed it manually because I couldn't be bother to quote your comment. Oh well

I agree with your FireRed/LeafGreen soundtrack, it does sound terrible. well maybe except the Viridian Forest IMO.

X__X I happen to think that Viridian Forest sounds the worst of all the songs... And you didn't answer my question about Black :C
Lol viridian forest sounds AWESOME in FR/LG, but the battle music, wild pokémon music, Gym leader music and DEFINETLY the Pokémon Center music sound terrible. RSE had much better music.

I just don't like BW because of the new pokémon and the fact that you can't get pokémon that aren't from the previous regions until after the elite four. I think I'll stick to Gen II-Gen IV

Lol viridian forest sounds AWESOME in FR/LG, but the battle music, wild pokémon music, Gym leader music and DEFINETLY the Pokémon Center music sound terrible. RSE had much better music.

I just don't like BW because of the new pokémon and the fact that you can't get pokémon that aren't from the previous regions until after the elite four. I think I'll stick to Gen II-Gen IV

I didn't like the way it sounded :C And yes, the Pokémon Center theme made my ears bleed.

Excuse me, I really don't want to offend you, but your first reason is just stupid. I think your biggest problem is the ice cream family, which I, too, think it's extremely stupid. EVERY generation has had horrible Pokémon. Come on, Voltorb, Electrode, Grimer, Muk, Sunflora, and many more suck. Also, there are very cool Gen V Pokémon like Haxorus, Hydreigon and Braviary. I understand your second reason, though. It was kind of... strange, not being able to see old Pokémon before the Elite Four. That kind of turned me off too at the beginning, but trust me, it makes the game even better, as you feel you're playing a fresh, new game, and not just a recycling of older generations like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. And hey, at least you get rid of annoying Zubat and Tentacool for a while!

Am I the only one who used the Elite4 as my level grinding punching bag?
In a word, no. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't be the proud owner of some of my shinies; I just abused the heck out of all that EXP. The money was great, too.

Am I the only one around here who will EV train a level 100? If I get a level 100 Golurk from GTS I check its stats then immediately go to Route 10 and start working on its Attack. I do this...Every. Single. Time. >.<

I didn't like the way it sounded :C And yes, the Pokémon Center theme made my ears bleed.

Excuse me, I really don't want to offend you, but your first reason is just stupid. I think your biggest problem is the ice cream family, which I, too, think it's extremely stupid. EVERY generation has had horrible Pokémon. Come on, Voltorb, Electrode, Grimer, Muk, Sunflora, and many more suck. Also, there are very cool Gen V Pokémon like Haxorus, Hydreigon and Braviary. I understand your second reason, though. It was kind of... strange, not being able to see old Pokémon before the Elite Four. That kind of turned me off too at the beginning, but trust me, it makes the game even better, as you feel you're playing a fresh, new game, and not just a recycling of older generations like Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. And hey, at least you get rid of annoying Zubat and Tentacool for a while!

Well it is true that the previous four generation do have Pokémon with a bad design, but I just find that Unova had the most. Literally the only Pokémon that I find are awesome are just the legendary and the starters (but not their evolutions). I don't why though, this didn't happen to me when I play Gen IV.

Am i the only one who thinks you should be able to rename Pokemon from another game that do not have a nickname already

No, I think you should be able to nickname traded Pokemon as well.

Am I the only one here who hoards hard to find items like Max Revives and Rare Candies and never uses them unless I absolutely need to?

No, you're not. I even trained a Lillipup with Pickup to level 100 to find Leftovers and Rare Candies.

Am I the only one who likes using gimmick movesets?

I love using things like Kecleon Skill Swap, and Shuckle power trick. I know that it's kind of difficult, but I think doing things like that is fun. Does anyone else use these movesets in game, or at all?

Am the only one who prefers all there pokemon genderless or female?

Am I the only one who doesn't let there Pokemon evolve and trains them to insane levels?

To both of you: their*

No, but it depends on the Pokémon. For example, I like Gardevoir being female and Machamp being male. It's just the right thing.

And no, you're not. I trained a Lillipup to level 100 only because of its Pickup ability. I get Rare Candies and Leftovers sometimes!

Am I the only one who 10 regular Pokeballs at a time just for the free Premier Ball?

I always get 10 at a time, no matter what kind of Poke Ball or what game. It's become a habit.

By the way, my username is Anser, not Answer ;)

I think there's a way to change it if you didn't type it right. I need to do that too, it's supposed to be Mand'alor te Siit, but I haven't gotten around to it yet.

Am I the only one who primarily uses an emulator to play?

No, I only have a Wii (with GameCube backwards compatibility), so the only games I can play without an emulator are Colosseum and XD.

Am I the only one who looks up the sheet music for the games?

Am I the only one who looks up the sheet music for the games?

No, of course you're not. I think I've been spending more time looking up and playing sheet music than I have actually playing the games. :p

Am I the only one who has never deleted a save file on any game?

No you're not, I usually only use either physical moves or status moves because I don't want to waste time with special attacks. Im not the most patient person when playing the Pokemon games.

Am I the only one who always has many Pokeballs( over 20 usually, and various types) on hand in case of a shiny encounter?

Am I the only one who always has many Pokeballs( over 20 usually, and various types) on hand in case of a shiny encounter?

No, you're not. I have +900 Poké Balls, because those are the only ones I use. I don't like using other types.

Am I the only one that strolls around the region when I can't defeat a trainner or a gym leader and just waste time?
It's weird I know!

Am I the only one who has never deleted a save file on any game?

Unfortunately, I had to on Colosseum and XD because I only have one memory card, but other than that I don't delete save files.

I always have at least 10 of every type of ball I can buy, except Premier Balls (although those are the reason for the number being ten).

Am I the only one that strolls around the region when I can't defeat a trainner or a gym leader and just waste time?
It's weird I know!

Nope, I do that too xDD Am I the only one who has multiples of the same Pokemon just for the hell of it?

It's weird I know!

Nope, I do that too xDD Am I the only one who has multiples of the same Pokemon just for the hell of it?

How else am I going to get all the Eevee evolutions? And then decide not to evolve them after all because they are just too cute? ;)

Am I the only one who restarts the game over and over at the very beginning so I can get a female starter (and thus make it easier to breed later on)?

It's weird I know!

How else am I going to get all the Eevee evolutions? And then decide not to evolve them after all because they are just too cute? ;)

Am I the only one who restarts the game over and over at the very beginning so I can get a female starter (and thus make it easier to breed later on)?
No, Ive reset games to get a female starter before as well.

Am I the only one here who dosen't like Roaming Legendaries at all and think they are more trouble then they are worth to catch usually and wishes they wouldn't make any more?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom