• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

No, I think of myself as a Leavanny. (Hence. Avatar.)

Am I the only one around here who lost to Ingo and Emmet?

Am I the only one here who is obsessed with catching every singe species of Pokemon in an area before moving on?
No, because I do the same thing. Catch everything in an area then move on to the next.

Am I the only one who thinks that, if they were a Pokémon, they would be of a specific type? For example, I know that if I were a Pokémon, I'd be a Psychic type.

Stupid and childish question, but anway...
Nope. I know for a fact that I'd be a Golett. (At least I'd be kinda cute...)

Am I the only one here spamming Pokemon Breeder Irene on Route 4? I mean, she's a great source of cash and an easy way to level up a team. I'd rather keep battling her than run around in the tall grass/dark sand.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't understand everyone's obsession with shiny Golett? I mean, what's so special about it? Why does everyone want one? :S
Um, maybe I shouldn't answer this... :rolleyes:

Probably because a shiny Golurk looks epic as all get-out. I mean, that coloration is just plainly awesome. But in my case--it's a Golett. That's grey and black and cute all over. So I need the little cutie-pie like I need air. :crush:

(I told you I shouldn't answer this!)

Am I the only one around here who feels a little guilty for catching Pokemon that will only be used as tossers? I've caught around 20 in B2 and all they've done is end up on Black and released. It seems kinda cruel to do that to them.

Yeah, I don't know why but for some reason, even if it's only a video game, I like feel sorry for the Pokémon :( you're not the only one

Am I the only one around here who would use the bicycle rather than the running shoes in BW?

Am I the only one around here who doesn't understand everyone's obsession with shiny Golett? I mean, what's so special about it? Why does everyone want one? :S
Um, maybe I shouldn't answer this... :rolleyes:

Probably because a shiny Golurk looks epic as all get-out. I mean, that coloration is just plainly awesome. But in my case--it's a Golett. That's grey and black and cute all over. So I need the little cutie-pie like I need air. :crush:

(I told you I shouldn't answer this!)

Am I the only one around here who feels a little guilty for catching Pokemon that will only be used as tossers? I've caught around 20 in B2 and all they've done is end up on Black and released. It seems kinda cruel to do that to them.

Yeah, I don't know why but for some reason, even if it's only a video game, I like feel sorry for the Pokémon :( you're not the only one

Am I the only one around here who would use the bicycle rather than the running shoes in BW?

Yup, I do! All the time.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what to do with their Shiny Pokemon?

I'm sorry, but I gotta do one more. Am I the only one who makes up there own Gym Leaders?

Yup, I do! All the time.

Am I the only one who doesn't know what to do with their Shiny Pokemon?

I'm sorry, but I gotta do one more. Am I the only one who makes up there own Gym Leaders?

I have a shiny East Gastrodon, Roselia, Wailord and Bidoof and I have no idea of what to do with them |:

Their*, not there, and no, you're not. I've created several Gym Leaders and have even tried them in Pokémon Battle Revolution e__e

Am I the only one around here who doesn't feel any type of affection for their Pokémon and sees them just as tools of battling? There was a guy around the forum saying that people who don't nickname their Pokémon are hypocritical, and you should take care of your Pokémon and love them and stuff... For God's sake, it's just a freaking GAME, the things are fictional, they're unreal, they don't exist! .____.

Am I the only one here that does not hate Jynx?

Am I the only one who thinks that, if they were a Pokémon, they would be of a specific type?
For example, I know that if I were a Pokémon, I'd be a Psychic type.

Stupid and childish question, but anway...

No, you are not. I would most likely be a Fighting-Type...
A little cute Mienfoo or a Keldeo. ^^

Am I the only one who nicknames my pokemon just so I can lowercase the letters in its name? I know that in the BW games that's not necessary anymore, but in the older games, SQUIRTLE would just be nicknamed Squirtle, and when my pokemon evolved I went to the name rater to change the nickname to the pokemon it evolved into.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't feel any type of affection for their Pokémon and sees them just as tools of battling? There was a guy around the forum saying that people who don't nickname their Pokémon are hypocritical, and you should take care of your Pokémon and love them and stuff... For God's sake, it's just a freaking GAME, the things are fictional, they're unreal, they don't exist! .____.

Nope. I'm really tired of people talking about strips of data like they're their friends. There's enjoying a game, and there's being creepily into it.

Nope. I'm really tired of people talking about strips of data like they're their friends. There's enjoying a game, and there's being creepily into it.

I know right? People get overly attached to those things. It's ridiculous.

I get your guys' point, but I freakin' adore my Pokemon, and I get emotionally attached to some of them(especially my Empoleon on Platinum. He was my very first Pokemon) :p
Pokemon has become more than "just a game" for me.
Spending hours upon hours raising them makes me love those strips of data.
'Cuz I'm crazy.

To each their own, you know?
It is nice to respect other people way of viewing things.

The Pokémon are just bits and yes, they don't really exist, but what is the big problem in getting emotionally attached to them in the first place?

I rarely use them, But I'd say you are.

Am I the only one that has no idea what EV training is?
No, I don't know what it is either. But I don't want to find out so those people who do know please don't tell me, if I wanted to know I would've just googled it...but I'm not sure why I don't want to know...maybe because of something I heard about, once you know what EVs are you start to go crazy and never train the same way ever again...it's probably not true, though.

Am I the only one who, starting with Gen 3, makes a separate PC box for each Pokemon type and groups all of the same type together? I match the background to type too.

I rarely use them, But I'd say you are.

Am I the only one that has no idea what EV training is?
No, I don't know what it is either. But I don't want to find out so those people who do know please don't tell me, if I wanted to know I would've just googled it...but I'm not sure why I don't want to know...maybe because of something I heard about, once you know what EVs are you start to go crazy and never train the same way ever again...it's probably not true, though.

No, they're not lying. It IS true that after you find out how to EV train, you never train the same way ever again, because you learn how to exploit your Pokémon's potential to their maximum. You do become a little obsessive; you mandatorily pay attention to the Pokémon's nature and IVs and things like that, because if they're not what you want you'll just get rid of that Pokémon until you get one with the characteristics you're looking for. However, EV training is also very fun. It's not like it's bad or something. It's very exciting how after hours of breeding/catching you finally get the Pokémon you want with the right nature, characteristic and ability (and gender in my case). It's the same as when you catch a shiny Pokémon (at least for me). It takes time, but it's worth it.

Am I the only one who, starting with Gen 3, makes a separate PC box for each Pokemon type and groups all of the same type together? I match the background to type too.

I used to do that, until I started with this:

Am I the only one around here who organizes their Pokémon in the PC boxes by Pokédex number? It makes them so much easier to find.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom