• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Am I the only one around here that knows that creating weather-based teams is a good idea but is just not interested in doing so?

Yeah I trying to get a poliwag with swiftswim but I can't

Am I the only one around here who wants other companies making main series pokemon games that aren't new gens but original stories with old pokes to replace/overlap with remakes

Am I the only one around here who thinks Generation V introduced the most interesting type combinations out of all the generations? I mean, Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, Water/Ghost, Ghost/Fire, Grass/Steel, etc.

I also thought that, too - but only for Bug/Electric, Bug/Fire, and Bug/Steel - I think that was Genesect.

Am I the only one around here who never uses Rare Candies, never sell them, but just keep in the bag for all eternity?
lol I do that too

Am I the only one who uses Pokemon they like, and try's to make them competitive?
Am I the only one who encountered a shiny, and wasted 20 or so ultra balls, and then ran out of stock?

Am I the only one who uses Pokemon they like, and try's to make them competitive?
Am I the only one who encountered a shiny, and wasted 20 or so ultra balls, and then ran out of stock?

Tries* Maybe... All the Pokémon I like happen to be useful in competitive battling...
No, but almost once, when I was catching my shiny Wailmer. I spent like 8 Ultra Balls, and I had like 11.

Am I the only one around here who is extremely thankful that Game Freak is not typing Pokémon names and moves all in uppercase anymore? I hated seeing "ALAKAZAM used PSYCHIC!" and things like that.

Am I the only one around here who is extremely thankful that Game Freak is not typing Pokémon names and moves all in uppercase anymore? I hated seeing "ALAKAZAM used PSYCHIC!" and things like that.

No. I always hated that, and I remember I'd nickname my Pokémon just to change their names to lowercase. Ugh.

Am I the only one here who likes purposely getting in people's way in Castelia?

No. I always hated that, and I remember I'd nickname my Pokémon just to change their names to lowercase. Ugh.

Am I the only one here who likes purposely getting in people's way in Castelia?

LOL, no, I do that all the time, especially on the bicycle.

Am I the only one who thought Running through the E4 constantly was the best way to Ev train?

Am I the only one around here who gets annoyed that Entei can not learn Wild Charge but Arcanine can learn Wild Charge?

Am I the only one that misses the Sinnoh region?

Speaking for myself: yeah =/... That region was too bland, boring and forgettable in my opinion...

Am I the only one around here who uses Mew exclusively as an HM slave? e__e Mine knows Rock Climb, Surf, Waterfall and Fly.

Am I the only one around here who uses Mew exclusively as an HM slave? e__e Mine knows Rock Climb, Surf, Waterfall and Fly.

Yeah people usual beat the game by the time events come around so why would you need a delegated HM slave

Am I the only one who wants more half spinoffs like Colosseum that aren't in the Colosseum series

Am I the only one who wanted to see the actual battle of N vs Alder in BW? ;_;
Naw, I was kind of expecting that too. ;w;

I think the Sinnoh region is one of my favorites. I need to play my Pearl again soon.

Am I the only one around here who really liked the underground bases and loved collecting all the items.

Am I the only one who wanted to see the actual battle of N vs Alder in BW? ;_;
Naw, I was kind of expecting that too. ;w;

I think the Sinnoh region is one of my favorites. I need to play my Pearl again soon.

Am I the only one around here who really liked the underground bases and loved collecting all the items.

Nope not at all I miss looking for fossils and evolutionary stones and my secret base :( though this is kind of silly I always thought a monster would come out of one of the corners :\

Am I the only one around here who HATES how many freaking times they mention the 2 year gap between Black and White and Black 2 and White 2 in the BW2 games. I wanna jump in the game and slap every person who mentions it more than once its like I get it you don't have to keep repeating it :<

Last edited:
Am I the only one who had been utterly disappointed when Cynthia didn't fight Cyrus herself, but instead shoved us to fight? (kinda wished the epic big battle of the champion vs the baws)

Am I the only one who had been utterly disappointed when Cynthia didn't fight Cyrus herself, but instead shoved us to fight? (kinda wished the epic big battle of the champion vs the baws)

Kind of. I mean, while it would have been epic for the sake of seeing THE battle, it would have been boring because all you would've done is watch, instead of fighting yourself.

Am I the only one around here that finds training in HeartGold EXTREMELY boring?? Wild Pokémon don't have enough level in that game and the trainer re-matches are conditioned to whether THEY invite you to have a rematch or not. The Vs. Seeker doesn't exist in that game (sadly), and we all know how hard it is to find a Chansey (especially one holding a Lucky Egg).

Am I the only one around here that finds training in HeartGold EXTREMELY boring?? Wild Pokémon don't have enough level in that game and the trainer re-matches are conditioned to whether THEY invite you to have a rematch or not. The Vs. Seeker doesn't exist in that game (sadly), and we all know how hard it is to find a Chansey (especially one holding a Lucky Egg).

Gah, that. Not at all. Training in HGSS was laborious, dull and painstaking. Crushing wild 'mons only filled up the exp bar by mere pixels, and I had the tendency to miss which location the trainer stated whenever they called because I mashed A so much. And whenever I don't miss it, I'm too lazy to drag myself to the route.

Am I the only one who still prefers the classic one-on-one battles over the new battle variations? I like them well enough, though.

Gah, that. Not at all. Training in HGSS was laborious, dull and painstaking. Crushing wild 'mons only filled up the exp bar by mere pixels, and I had the tendency to miss which location the trainer stated whenever they called because I mashed A so much. And whenever I don't miss it, I'm too lazy to drag myself to the route.

Am I the only one who still prefers the classic one-on-one battles over the new battle variations? I like them well enough, though.
No, I much prefer singles to doubles or any other type of battle

Am I the only one here who wishes Seasons were included sooner than Gen 5?

Yeah! I'm already tired of that. I wanted to have the whole "train your Pokémon from early levels to see them become total beasts" experience without deleting my save file so I don't lose everything I've done, so I got a whole team of 6 Pokémon, all caught at level 14. They're already at 40 and my goal is to defeat Lance with that team. Go figure how many months are left of training :( The lack of the option of buying Coins at the Game Corner doesn't help either. I need to buy Flamethrower, Ice Beam, Thunderbolt and Psychic to improve my team and I just can't. I mean, how the hell does Game Freak pretend that a player manages to reach 10.000 Coins playing freaking Voltorb Flip?! It's impossible! And no, you're definitely not the only one. I kind of like double battles, I find triple battles amusing and I definitely don't like rotation battles. Single battles for the win.

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom