• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one around here who...

Remoraid's transition to Octillery puzzles me even more. I mean, from a fish to an octopus .__.?

The explanation I heard was, both Pokémon being inspired by artillery, its akin to the 'evolution' of a gun or cannon to a full-blown tank. Except, y'know, with sea creatures.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Flannery all mega-super-attractive? (Well, in-game at least, fanart's a whole 'nother area) It's probably the hair putting me off...

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CATCHES ALL THEIR POKEMON (except legendaries, HM Slaves or shinies) IN POKEBALL'S AND POKEBALL'S ONLY!?!??!

Remoraid's transition to Octillery puzzles me even more. I mean, from a fish to an octopus .__.?

The explanation I heard was, both Pokémon being inspired by artillery, its akin to the 'evolution' of a gun or cannon to a full-blown tank. Except, y'know, with sea creatures.

Am I the only one who doesn't find Flannery all mega-super-attractive? (Well, in-game at least, fanart's a whole 'nother area) It's probably the hair putting me off...

Oh, that makes sense. Nah, you're not the only one. Plus, she's too dumb. One of the most irrelevant Gym Leaders ever.

AM I THE ONLY ONE WHO CATCHES ALL THEIR POKEMON (except legendaries, HM Slaves or shinies) IN POKEBALL'S AND POKEBALL'S ONLY!?!??!

Nope, you're not. Even my Mewtwo is inside a standard Pokéball!

Am I the only one whose favorite Gym Leader ever is Sabrina?

no i'm sure your not, i love that gym leader too!

am i the only one that abandons their starter pokemon because i don't think it's cute enough?

No. I've never done that, but I know a lot of people who did that.

Am I the only one who gives to his Pokémon nicknames based after musicians?

hmm i'm not sure but i nickname my pokemon after anime characters and i'm sure others do that as well.

am i the only one who thinks that Togetic is much cuter than Togekiss, in fact i'd rather not evolve Togetic at all..

hmm i'm not sure but i nickname my pokemon after anime characters and i'm sure others do that as well.

am i the only one who thinks that Togetic is much cuter than Togekiss, in fact i'd rather not evolve Togetic at all..

Hmm I think you're alone in that one. I evolve my Pokémon for their strength, not for their cuteness.

Am I the only one who really likes Gen I's and Gen II's music? ;__;

Nah,you're not alone in both of these. I'm actually thinking of raising a Caterpie to lv.100 with full breeding for IVs and EV training included. And I'm pretty sure I named a few Pokes after anime characters.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't feel any type of affection for their Pokémon and sees them just as tools of battling? There was a guy around the forum saying that people who don't nickname their Pokémon are hypocritical, and you should take care of your Pokémon and love them and stuff... For God's sake, it's just a freaking GAME, the things are fictional, they're unreal, they don't exist! .____.

Nope. I'm really tired of people talking about strips of data like they're their friends. There's enjoying a game, and there's being creepily into it.

I know right? People get overly attached to those things. It's ridiculous.

I get your guys' point, but I freakin' adore my Pokemon, and I get emotionally attached to some of them(especially my Empoleon on Platinum. He was my very first Pokemon) :p
Pokemon has become more than "just a game" for me.
Spending hours upon hours raising them makes me love those strips of data.
'Cuz I'm crazy.

I don't really get it, you see people are treating them on a Tamagotchi level. But the thing is, I mean I understand people to act this way if they make a "Nintendog's type Pokemon Game" where you actually raise and play with it, clean up after it, etc... I mean in the actual games there is little to no interaction except for yellow/Heartgold/Soulsilver I can't get attached to them because of that because you can't do anything with them except fight. Nothing else.
Which is why Nintendo really should add more interaction methods into the games. I mean the Nintendog's example was what I was expecting "My Pokemon Ranch" to be, but all I can do is watch them run around, nothing more... -_-
Edit: (I forgot about the contests, and the Pokeathlon)

Last edited:
i agree with you, the games need to bring back the interactions that they had in yellow and soulsilver, we got to talk to our pokemon, have them follow us around, it was so cute, it felt like they were our pets..
i still get attached to my pokemon..but my team in pokemon white is mostly the same as pokemon soulsilver so i already got close ot them..and they were always my favorite.

Even as a staright guy, I can admit some guys are hot, but Brycen isn't one of them, for me, sorry.

Am I the only one that wants to see future Pokémon as soon as possible?

Am I the only one that wants to see future Pokémon as soon as possible?

Yes no new pokes should be revealed until I had the chance to own all pokes and Meleoetta hasn't been released here yet

Am I the only one who is getting impatient with Meleoetta

Am I the only one around here that liked not battling the champion until the aftergame in BW?

I liked that as well, especially since it had to do with the plot of the game and such, with Team Plasma interrupting your battling the Elite 4.

Am I the only one that thinks a lot of the Gen III pokemon are a bit boring in terms of design?

Yes, I think the opposite, but that IS what I feel about the Gen I Pokémon.

Am I the only one who hasn't got B2W2 yet?

Yeah, probably.

Am I the only one around here who thought for the LONGEST TIME that Bugsy was a chick?

Am I the only one around here who thought for the LONGEST TIME that Bugsy was a chick?

Lol, I always referred to Bugsy as both interchangeably. :p

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like how about 90% of people in the Pokemon world have a bunch of look-alikes (generic NPCs, trainers, etc.)?

Am I the only one around here who doesn't like how about 90% of people in the Pokemon world have a bunch of look-alikes (generic NPCs, trainers, etc.)?

I never really thought about it. It... doesn't really bother me all that much. Maybe you are.

Am I the only one around here who doesn't think Pikachu is all that special?

Am I the only one who found the NPC's in BW BW2 too preachy?

(I don't mean important characters but it seems most of the background NPC's all they ever talk about is "Love and Friendship" I mean I know it's a game devoted to being close to Pokemon, but...)

Am I the only one who found the NPC's in BW BW2 too preachy?

(I don't mean important characters but it seems most of the background NPC's all they ever talk about is "Love and Friendship" I mean I know it's a game devoted to being close to Pokemon, but...)

THIS. NO GOD YOU'RE NOT. I had forgotten to mention that. I was sick of everyone talking about that bullshit of love and friendship with Pokémon and whatnot. I was like "Really, shut the hell up". So annoying.

Am I the only one who found the Sinnoh-located games too bland?

Please note: The thread is from 10 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom