• Another scrumptious episode of Bulbacast has been uploaded to YouTube. Watch it here. I hope you don't feel desserted after watching this one.
  • Grookey, Scorbunny or Sobble, which one do you love most? Want to show your support with a cool banner, check out the info here!

Am I the only one that likes Pokemon with a secondary Normal type?

RTLfan

Reaction score
It seems people don't get this typing and don't see the point of it but I like it because Normal is one of my favorite types and this combination legitimizes it as a a type in its own right with its own characteristics rather than just the 'base' one.

CynthiaLover

Geek of the Games
Reaction score
I'm personally fine with it. It adds a little extra variety. Plus it allows what would be a vanilla Mon of one type an extra STAB and more options. I'm especially fond of the Deerling line in that regard, as it's both good looking and has an interesting gimmick (which, sadly, it has lost due to lack of seasons).

Arcanine10

Has a thing for waifus.
Reaction score
I don't mind it it just doesn't seem to have that many benefits since Normal isn't effective on anything.

I guess it's nice for a STAB neutral move though, but eh. Not that much of a fan.

colours

etch dreams into life
Reaction score
Do you mean something like Water/Normal?

Having normal as a secondary type (that's not Flying, we have way too many of those) is unique in some types, if nothing else. I wouldn't mind seeing a bit more of those. =o

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I don't mind it. My all-time favorite Pokemon, Deerling, is a normal and grass type.

Tactician Karina

2nd best fox boi
Reaction score
I like it, especially since normal is my favorite type. Drampa, Rufflet/Braviary, Girafarig, and Pikipek/Trumbeak/Toucannon are some of my favorite Pokémon with it as a secondary type.

Stratelier

Reaction score
Normal has the reputation of being the type of last resort for any Pokemon that couldn't get a different typing. Otherwise, it's a cool type -- despite not being supereffective on anything (outside of Inverse Battles), it also has only one elemental weak point (even in Inverse Battles) making that part of strategy easier to plan for.