• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one that likes Pokemon with a secondary Normal type?

RTLfan

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. She/Her
  2. He/Him
It seems people don't get this typing and don't see the point of it but I like it because Normal is one of my favorite types and this combination legitimizes it as a a type in its own right with its own characteristics rather than just the 'base' one.

I'm personally fine with it. It adds a little extra variety. Plus it allows what would be a vanilla Mon of one type an extra STAB and more options. I'm especially fond of the Deerling line in that regard, as it's both good looking and has an interesting gimmick (which, sadly, it has lost due to lack of seasons).

I don't mind it it just doesn't seem to have that many benefits since Normal isn't effective on anything.

I guess it's nice for a STAB neutral move though, but eh. Not that much of a fan.

Normal has the reputation of being the type of last resort for any Pokemon that couldn't get a different typing. Otherwise, it's a cool type -- despite not being supereffective on anything (outside of Inverse Battles), it also has only one elemental weak point (even in Inverse Battles) making that part of strategy easier to plan for.

I like the idea of Normal/Type. It adds an interesting twist to the Pokémon. Several of my favorite Pokémon are Normal/Type such as Heliolisk, Swasbuck, Staraptor, and Girafarig. In fact, my favorite typing is Normal/Electric. I’d like to see Normal paired with way more types including Steel, Ice, and Ghost. The only typing I’m not a fan of being paired with Normal is Flying since it’s been done so many times.

Yeah. It would give more variety and not make it just the "base" one.
Maybe they should start to make pure Flying types, too. Like a winged cat special attacker with air powers that is a cute feminine shillmon.
There are only four lines with a secondary Normal type. Alola Rattata, Galar Zigzagoon, Litleo, and Helioptile.
Imagine if a starter is actually maintype/Normal during all of his evo line.

I don't care too much about Normal as a secondary type, but I don't hate any of the Pokemon that have it. It's not a bad thing, but as others have said, it doesn't really add much aside fron Normal STAB (good, but not exactly the most useful as Normal isn't SE on anything) and a Fighting weakness.

Despite this, I feel like we've gotten a lot more of these (non-flying) dual typed Normal Pokemon over the past few generations, and I'm still interested in seeing more of these. A Ghost/Normal sounds like it would be kind of neat, given that it would have three immunities and only a single weakness to Dark-type moves.

I don't mind Normal as a second typing tbh. It's a nice variety to what we already have, and it's nice to see the creators come up with unique Pokemon that have that type + another one.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom