• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Am I the only one who is horribly disappointed with the duck’s final evolution?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Okay, but real talk, Quaquaval is fine. It's got a good design, a decent BST and stat spread, and a wonderful signature move. I think you should give it a try; it might grow on you. :wynaut: :bulbaWave:
Oh yes, I doing everything in my power to grow on duckster. So much so that I plan to eventually try one out by maybe whatever the game after SV is gonna be. I’m honestly expecting to be underwhelmed by it, though, but that’s just me.

I wouldn’t say I’m disappointed because I’ve come to expect that I won’t like new pokemon, but I don’t like it at all. I think it’s my least favorite final evolution for a starter.
I didn’t even have high expectations myself and was still greatly disappointed.

its name is stupidly hard to spell
And pronounce. I personally have pronounced it a gazillion different ways at this point, and I don’t even want to bother looking up what the actual pronounciation is.

Oh yes, I doing everything in my power to grow on duckster. So much so that I plan to eventually try one out by maybe whatever the game after SV is gonna be. I’m honestly expecting to be underwhelmed by it, though, but that’s just me.
You mean the DLC? It isn't going to be in another regional Pokedex.

I definitely dislike Quaquaval more than Meowscarada and Skeledirge. The thing is WAY too humanoid and looks creepy with its individual sausage-looking toes. Birdlike creatures can look anthropomorphic and still be good, but Quaquaval just doesn’t do that concept justice. Additionally I would’ve preferred a pirate duck over a creepy anthropomorphic dancing bird that doesn’t look that duck-like. The only pirate-esque thing about it is its feather crest; its pre-evolution looks much better IMO. At least Quaxwell makes logical sense to be related to Quaxly.
As for good things about Quaquaval, we got a Fighting-type final form Water starter and a Pokémon based around the Canary Islands, but I dislike that thing more than I like it in summary. Skeledirge was so well-designed and seeing it in detail sealed it for me being my main starter pick, and Meowscarada doesn’t look that bad; at least it still has catlike features even with a humanoid body plan.

Yes I meant the DLC. Which already came out and I picked it there.

Also, could someone close this thread please? I’ve significantly grown on duckster over time. And I am using it now too. It’s… honestly the worst specific member of my current team and possibly who I find to be the least useful Gen9 starter, but it’s not too bad overall.

But that said, since I’ve significantly grown on this thing now, could someone please just close this really old thread? I’m surprised it hasn’t been already.

Yes I meant the DLC. Which already came out and I picked it there.

Also, could someone close this thread please? I’ve significantly grown on duckster over time. And I am using it now too. It’s… honestly the worst specific member of my current team and possibly who I find to be the least useful Gen9 starter, but it’s not too bad overall.

But that said, since I’ve significantly grown on this thing now, could someone please just close this really old thread? I’m surprised it hasn’t been already.
I'll close it for you~ glad you've grown on ducky (^.^)/✧*。

Oh and if you want this archived or something just feel free to PM me!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom