• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

BDSP Am I the only one who still likes BDSP?

I still play it while awaiting for the 18th when I can download Scarlet. I'm kinda addicted to the wonder trade. I've been collecting for lotto numbers and try to breed and trade pokemon that are harder to obtain.

I personally enjoyed it more than any game since B2W2 if that says anything. Recently I've made a huge push to complete the National Dex before SV releases, and now I'm only missing Slowking and Huntail (and Deoxys, which doesn't count for the diploma).

On its own, there isn't anything to hate about BDSP. At least I didn't hate it at all.

The issue I have with it is all the lost potential. Remakes offer a chance to push the original games further than they were before, and it's here I feel that BDSP dropped the ball. Just giving Sinnoh a graphical update and fixing some annoying parts isn't enough.

Pokemon Legends Arceus gave me what I was craving for. BDSP isn't bad, nor do I hate it. It's just overshadowed by Arceus.

On its own, there isn't anything to hate about BDSP. At least I didn't hate it at all.

The issue I have with it is all the lost potential. Remakes offer a chance to push the original games further than they were before, and it's here I feel that BDSP dropped the ball. Just giving Sinnoh a graphical update and fixing some annoying parts isn't enough.

Pokemon Legends Arceus gave me what I was craving for. BDSP isn't bad, nor do I hate it. It's just overshadowed by Arceus.
in BDSP's defense, it did include the Grand Underground, which was loads of fun and allowed you to complete the gen 4 national dex with just these games (excluding mythicals of course).

I enjoy it. I rank it very low overall on my list and I find it a little strange that anyone claims it to be a better remake than HGSS or a better game than Legends, but people have their preference and I still find it enjoyable enough. In particular, it has perhaps the best Battle Tower in the series, so I find a lot of enjoyment in that.

Last edited:
in BDSP's defense, it did include the Grand Underground, which was loads of fun and allowed you to complete the gen 4 national dex with just these games (excluding mythicals of course).

True, that was a nice addition. But I was expecting so much more.

I mean, FRLG had the Sevii islands. HGSS added following Pokemon and Kanto was no longer shrunken in size, ORAS gave us soaring, Delta episode and I really liked how mega stones were incorporated into the story.

There was so much missed potential in BDSP. I'm really disappointed that Sinnoh remakes were treated like an afterthought while Legends was being worked on.

True, that was a nice addition. But I was expecting so much more.

I mean, FRLG had the Sevii islands. HGSS added following Pokemon and Kanto was no longer shrunken in size, ORAS gave us soaring, Delta episode and I really liked how mega stones were incorporated into the story.

There was so much missed potential in BDSP. I'm really disappointed that Sinnoh remakes were treated like an afterthought while Legends was being worked on.

Ehh, I feel like with the direction that the remakes have been heading, it was easy to see the minimalism coming a mile away. Really it feels like remakes have been getting worse and worse since HGSS with them finding new ways to cut corners. ORAS gave us some neat new things, but it also excluded almost everything from Emerald while HGSS gave us almost everything from Crystal (now granted Emerald had much bigger changes than Crystal that would've been more difficult to incorporate, but they could've given us much more than they did if they actually tried). LGPE completely excluded any Pokemon that didn't exist in base RBY and added almost nothing to the game (the only real changes were the Go mechanics and Master Trainers). Based on what those games did you could feel that BDSP was going to be a similarly minimalist experience with almost nothing that wasn't in the original DP.

The only real surprise is that it was worse than I could've imagined and continued the remakes' degradation into mediocrity. I thought for sure they would at least include Platinum's dex expansion and SwSh's graphical engine but nope, they followed the original DP's graphical style and dex to the letter. They really set out for this to be a remaster that looks and plays 90% the same as the original.

Of course you are not the only one that likes it given how well it sold, i'm sure there's a group of people there that likes it too.

To me, the worst part is that we will never get another remake that can actually do justice to the fourth generation. We will never get better Platinum and that sucks hard because that game is one of my favorites and the thought of an improved version would hype me up greatly. Instead we got a mid game that fixes some stuff from Diamond and Pearl while keeping some of the bad parts and that to me is one of the worst ways to do a remake.

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom