• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amazing Facts about Pokémon Trading Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

StarBP

Reaction score
Each Pokémon trading card is about 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches, and is about 1/80 of an inch thick. There are over 14,000,000,000 (14 billion) Pokémon trading cards in the world. These calculations can be used to say many amazing things.

If all the Pokémon cards were divided among all the people in the United States and Japan, then every person would have more than half a deck. (Translation: If people borrowed each other's cards, then everyone would be able to play after two rounds, and some would be able to play twice, assuming they know the languages the cards were printed in).

If they were stacked up, the stack would be over 2,750 miles high!

If they were all laid out over a one-acre area, they would still stack up 20 feet.

If they were laid out, they would cover over 30 square miles.

If complete decks (60 cards each) were laid out, they would cover an area of 1/2 square mile (320 acres)!

If they were laid end-to-end (the long and narrow way), the line could go to the moon and back; and have enough left over to circle the earth's equator 11 times, with 20,000 miles left over from that!

Without going to the moon, the line would circle the earth's equator 31 times! (That would be a line almost 6 1/2 feet wide going all the way around the earth.)

A line of half-decks would circle the earth's equator.

A line of full decks would go from the north pole of the earth to the south pole (halfway around the earth)!

Last edited:
A line of full decks would go from the equator to either pole of the earth and back (halfway around the earth)!

Thats from one pole to the other.

I'm wondering if you found a website for this, or if, after finding out how many cards there were in existance, calculated these yourself?

Either way, its amusing to read.

I'm wondering if you found a website for this, or if, after finding out how many cards there were in existance, calculated these yourself?

Either way, its amusing to read.

I found out on the Internet how many cards are in existence (the number is higher now as the website's number is as of sometime in 2006 or 2007). I then measured actual Pokémon cards to get the measurements (I know they are approximate, but they don't differ by more than 1/8 of an inch; except for the thickness, which is between 75 and 85 per inch; these measurements assume Mint or Near Mint codition cards, compressed to minimum thickness [removing the air between the cards using tight rubber bands]). Using these statistics, I calculated the info in my post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom