• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Amberstone Academy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Gryphon

Bewitched
Reaction score
Well here is the start up. Sign ups are still open, it has to be because we have so few teachers and students. This may fall quickly but least give it a try right? So it goes.

Welcome to the Amberstone Academy. It was an Academy founded five hundred years ago by an Ellanore Firestone, the name comes from Ellanore's best friend and one time lover who died before she did, in memory of the person she was, who wanted to teach people Ellanore named the school after her.

It stands tall and looks like an mansion more then a Academy, with dark old bricks surrounded by a beautiful garden and even a pond and swimming pool. Marble pillars reach towards the entrance, a huge dark door that one could wonder what lies behind it. In Remembrance of the original headmistress a statue of Ellanore stands out in the front entrance with her Pokemon team: Metagross, Venasaur, Crobat, Gengar, Relicanth and Umbreon. Metagross's Statue in particular can been seen throughout the entire school, and in hallways, it looks real enough as well.

The Academy is now founded Ellanore's descendant Tara Sutherland, the original owner presumed dead over five hundred years ago. Behind the castle door is array of rooms from the dining hall to the rooms, all looked like they were back in the 1800's but still looked new.

Teachers were said to be the best at this school and they do try to be the best, with different classes and events one could fall in love with Amberstone Academy. Students will also see some Pokemon that represents the late Ellanore's Pokemon including Metagross roaming around in the gardens or the halls.. And at night a Gengar can be heard laughing and making noises through the Academy, rumor is that it's the same one that once belonged to Ellanore.

Only if they knew the secrets that followed the Academy, ancient secrets that should never be uncovered but will in time. And some suggests that Tara isn't the real head of the Academy, that instead she's a hand puppet to whoever is really in charge. The Academy accepts anyone but will not allow harm to come to their students, like many schools there are rules to be followed including to never go through the door in the Headmistress's office.

Not only will the students learn but it will help Pokemon also learn as they are allowed to be in the classes watching.

The Academy's school rules are:
All students must go to class unless asked for permission. Any found will be given a stern warning, more warnings could lead to worse.
Don't harm another student.
Pokemon battles are accepted, but in the Battle Arena. Personal disputes can also be battled here with Pokemon.
Anyone found tempering or destroying or otherwise to the statues of Ellanore Firestone and her Pokemon will have serious consequences.

Never go into the door inside the Headmistress's office, what happens in there will be bad.

Tara Sutherland, the headmistress of the Amberstone Academy watched in her office staring out the window. While one would think her office would be on the top floor they would be wrong, the student and teachers room were on the top floor while her office was closer to the entrance, she could see students arriving to the front area where the statues of her ancestor and the Pokemon stood.

"Looks like it's time" Tara remarked to a Charmeleon standing next to her, however she was not only talking to him. She turned to the door leading into the basement and eventually the sewers.

"Another year begins" a mysterious voice, female yet strong commented from the other side, Tara nodded her head.

"I shall see the students inside, the teachers are already in their classrooms. Once they are settled the first class will be skipped for an introduction and a little breakfast" Tara informed her.

"Good call, go they are waiting" the voice said before the old, ancient door closed completely as Tara and her starter walked out to the yard. One of the statues she passed by, a Metagross started moving but she paid no attention, as the statue was a real Metagross moving around.

Matthew walked to the door leading to the Academy, with one hand carrying his suitcase and another one holding up a book labled "Psychological Tactics"

Beside him walked his Vaporeon, Makliva, and his Vibrava, Cephalos, flew around curiously, exploring what he could as he struggled to stay at least somewhat calm.

Matthew, after thinking for a moment, he quickly found a place to sit down and let all of his pokemon all out to get some exercise.

In a series of flashes of light, four more pokemon appeared:Gypceros (his Crobat), Chameleos(his Kecleon), Lunastra (his Ninetales), and Narca (his Ninjask).

All of his pokemon began looking, and in some cases, exploring this new destination. Lunastra, however, walked to Matthew and curled up in his lap. Matthew began petting her as he read soon after.
_

Michele walked up to the building feeling very excited. In her right arm was a Roserade, and her left arm was carrying an assortment of suitcases. She then ran to the door and,after seeing a very pale kid surrounded by an odd mix of pokemon, set her bags down, and then examined the statues while she waited.

Her Roserade leapt out of her arms, completely amazed by the Garden she saw.

Last edited:
After a long road trip, Kai finally arrived at Ambertstone Academy. He had to take a boat from Dewford Island then take a taxi. However, it would be worth it, or so his parents said. Most of his family has been students of this reputed academy at some point, and they all talked good about it.

Kai paid the taxi driver and stepped out of the car. Standing at 5'6'', he wasn't the tallest person around, but he still had a good stature, since he used to work on a farm all day. He was wearing black boots and blue jeans, completed with a dark red t-shirt and yellow glasses over his green eyes.

He walked to the door and started waiting. They were supposed to wait for the headmaster there.

Sharda:

Sharda sat at her desk, with a pile of papers for who will be attending her class, and their names.

"I really wish the school started this early, it was a long night for me last night." Sharda said, "well then, lets get started with my work, what would I be teaching about today."

Sharda opened a folder, and in it there was her own lesson plan, which she wrote the night before.

"Alright, the first lesson are ways to raise friendship, and pokemon that eveolve via friendship. lets get some of my stuff together." Sharda said as she went to the side closet to gather a couple different pokeballs, a potion, a fresh water, and a soothe bell. "That should be about it."

Lake:

Lake finally arrives to Amberstone Academy, after her long flight from sinnoh. "I hope that I get to start soon, the anticipation of opening my Pokemon Daycare is killing." Lake said as she went in to find out where her cousin taught.

When Lake found Sharda's classroom, she charged in, and started shouting out thanks in about 20 different languages, and then finally in english, "Thank you so much for lending me that money so I could start my Pokemon Daycare,"Lake Said "I promised I would pay you back, and I will keep that promise." Lake finished as she was walking out the door.

A distant roar was heard from the school entrance.
Eleonore, a female Arcanine was running in an extreme speed, carrying a teen on her back. Faint breeze blows, making Eleonore's mane flutter in the wind.
The Arcanine soon reached the gate. A teen jumped from her Arcanine's back and returned her to her greatball.

The teen was wearing a red and white parka, a jeans, and a chain was strapped to his jeans. He ran his hand through his untidy blonde hair and sighed. He hates waiting.
He looked at all the students that is waiting in front of the gate. There's a lot of new students here.

A huge bird was diving towards a large school. On the back was a gladiator-like Pokemon and a trainer wearing a black suit trying to hold on to the large eagle. Besides the eagle a Swallow was flying.

As the group approached the gates the 17 year old boy saw a group of students. He soon hopped off the eagle and his gladiator Pokemon followed right behind. His small Swallow perched on his shoulder and gave a chirp.

AC took a deep breath and looked at the building. He took a deep breath and said, "We're here." His Gallade, Venny, his Braviary, Black, and his Taillow, SkyBlue cheered in unison.

A huge bird was diving towards a large school. On the back was a gladiator-like Pokemon and a trainer wearing a black suit trying to hold on to the large eagle. Besides the eagle a Swallow was flying.

As the group approached the gates the 17 year old boy saw a group of students. He soon hopped off the eagle and his gladiator Pokemon followed right behind. His small Swallow perched on his shoulder and gave a chirp.

AC took a deep breath and looked at the building. He took a deep breath and said, "We're here." His Gallade, Venny, his Braviary, Black, and his Taillow, SkyBlue cheered in unison.

Calvin and Camille strode towards the Academy, their Murkrow and Pidove flying above their heads. They saw several other students already waiting there. They sat down on a rock and fed Murkrow and Pidove while they waited.

Tara walked out of the main door as she saw them arriving, she ignored the distant laughter of a Gengar as she knew what it was. "Welcome students, to the officially five hundredth year at Amberstone Academy. Yes it is really that old" Tara announced as she got their attention and stood. "Once this place was nothing but straws and sticks, but now it's an place for learning and I hope for all of you, a new beginning" Tara went on before looking at each of the students.

"There is breakfast provided in the main room, where meetings and meals will commence. Once you arrive into the room I will answer any questions if needed, then we will do introductions with breakfast, followed by a class plan" Tara explained to them smiling. She gestured towards the door now "You may enter, and stand in awe, follow me" Tara said as she stepped inside waiting for them to follow.

Matthew, returning Narca, Cephalos, and Makluva,stood and walked into the building, with Lunastra, Gypceros, and Chameleos following him.

Gypceros ignored his desire to fly off into the darkness when they entered the room. Chameleos had fallen asleep on Matthew's shoulder, and Lunastra walked beside him, alert as ever.

As he walked, Matthew thought to himself "I wonder what classes they offer"
_

After nearly dropping her bags, Michele followed the headmistress, bringing her Roserade, who wanted to stay in the gardens, with her.

Calvin and Camille rounded up Murkrow and Pidove, and followed the Headmistress inside. They had to recall Murkrow and Pidove to keep them from flying off and getting lost. Looks like the Pokémon are as excited as we are.

Kai followed the headmistress and looked around, examining the academy. He heard that it was majestic, but he certainly didn't imagine it like that.

Leo followed closely behind.
He entered the door, and he looked around. This school is awesome, it looks more like a cathedral than a school. The teen jaw dropped as he stand in awe

AC with his Taillow perched on his shoulder, his Gallade standing right beside him and his Braviary following right behind, followed the other students in the direction the headmistress had motioned.

Lake:

Upon getting to the door, Lake heard Tara, and decided to get in front of where all the students where gathering, and started to follow her along with the rest that had gathered already.
"I hope we get the the Main Room quickly," Lake said, "I haven't eaten anything since yesterday."

Sharda:

Sharda decided to gather with the students, just to ask her one question to the headmistress.

"What are the schedules supposed to be" Sharda started whispering to herself so that she wouldn't forget the question, "I do need to know when I get classes, and when I have a break to gather new materials."

The halls of Amberstone looked rich with ancient history, old brick walls that would tell stories of eons if they could talk. The floors were marble and looked recently done and more new then anything else, it was a little dark as well with dimmed lights. White marble pillars reached from each side of the halls, and between each pillars were the statues of Metagross, Venasaur, Gengar, Crobat, Relicanth and Umbreon, all in a stone memorial. There weren't anymore statues of the original headmistress but as they entered the main room, above the entrance they entered was a portrait of what many believed Ellanore looked like, although it was really realistic.

The main room, or the grand hall Tara liked to call it, was large with several long tables that were white and gold, accompanied by regal chairs with soft cushions placed on it. In the back of the hall was the cafeteria staff placing food on plates ready for the students, the kitchen was through into the next room. The walls and floor looked much like the hall, however the lighting in the room was more brighter and easier to see, the statues of the Pokemon were against the wall, 3 on side and the other 3 on another.

"I am sure many of you are starving, as I imagine it has been a long trip. So please, take a plate up at the counter and sit down, introduce to each other and talk" Tara told them. Her Charmeleon had caught up and now stood next to her, he seemed to bow to each student as they walked by. Tara watched them with interest, knowing that she made the right choice, or hoped she did, that these students would become the next generations of Pokemon Champions, Breeders, Rangers or whatever they inspired to.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hidden within the dark shadows of the previous hall two red eyes stared out at the students, it formed a shape into a Gengar moving silently behind them. Gengar watched the student named Sharda, who seemed to have been whispering to herself. As quiet as he caught he walked up to her before tapping her on the shoulder and giving a maniacal laugh before disappearing elsewhere in the academy.

((I came in kinda late, er, what's going on?))

Jay stood at the entrance, Grovyle walking beside him as he walked beside the blonde. A Shelmet perched on Jay's shoulder, staring at everyone.

Kai stared at the grand hall, speechless. It was so pretty and rich that it felt like a single stain on the floor would bring curses on everyone present at the moment. He bowed his head slightly when he passed beside the headmistress, as a way of saying "thank you", then grabbed two plates and filled them with various berries. He then walked to a table and sat there, released his Buizel, Eros, who sat beside him. They happily started eating.

Jay walked into the grand hall, his eyes widening a bit. Silently, he went to the wall, deciding to stay near the wall.

"Shelmet, Shel..." Shelmet tried to coax, though it had no effect on the shy boy.

@JayKashiki: everyone went into the academy, and has followed Tara(the headmistress) to the Main Room, where they started to sit down to eat breakfast.

Lake:

Upon Walking into the Main Room, Lake stopped near Tara, greeted her, and then walked off without a hesitation after saying thank you.
Lake grabbed 3 Plates, and filled two of the three up mildly high, one with really sweet berries, and another with very sour berries. The third plate she filled with berries of all kinds, along with an apple, and went to sit down. Lake let her roserade and her houndoom out, and gave them the plates of sweet and sour berries respectively, and then sat down and started digging into her own plate of berries, saving the apple for dessert. After she quickly ate her plate of berries, she went over to introduce herself to kai, along with her two pokemon following her. her pokemon proceeded tointroduce themselves to the buizel, while Lake said to Kai, "Hello there, My name is Lake Dragon, and I was wondering if you would tell me your name so we can talk to eachother by name." Lake said to Kai, while trying not to interupt his eating, "Just so you know, My cousin does work here as the caring for pokemon teacher, and she is very sweet. If you would like, I could introduce you to her."

Sharda:

"Tara" Sharda said quickly after all the students dismissed themselves to get breakfast, "I have a quick question for you, or two for tht fact. First off, why was there a Gengar trying to scare me, I thought that any pokemon would know that I am not easily Scared. Second Off, What would the class schedules look like, so that I would know when I have a class, and When I am on a break?"

Sharda Waite for a response while looking around to see if she could find the gengar, and talk to it for a little while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom