• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Black and White release date announced: Games to be released March 6, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: American Black and White release date announced: Games to be released March 6, 20

Oh, only 10 weeks from now? That's pretty rad. Gonna stick to tradition and import this sucka, as there's no way I'm going to sit around 'til June slash July waiting for the NoE release.

Re: American Black and White release date announced: Games to be released March 6, 20

Yay for the calendar being right, but now I wonder why they didn't start promoting it earlier. (unless you count them revealing the starters to be when it began) Now to wait for official pre orders to begin

Here's what I think:

Thursday, March 3, 2011: Pokémon Black & White TCG release
Friday, March 4, 2011: Best Wishes! premiere
Sunday, March 6, 2011: Black & White release (already confirmed)

If you're were I am in the US they normally premiere new anime episodes on Saturdays, meaning the day before B/W's release.

Oh man march will be a busy month with the release of BW and the 3DS!

I'm going to say April 1 for Europe because each time a game has come out in Europe, it has come out sooner and closer to the release date of the American games. However, these games are completely new, so it can be different.

Once again, I can be wrong.

Nah. I'd say a week to a week and a half after the US.

Gamestop fails.

This date doesn't have much to do with me (since I is irish) but my prediction is it'll be about March 18th here. XD

Yes, Gamestop does fail, but so do the fans for believing it every year.

Oh man! I guess everyone saying "It should be March" was right. XDDD

Thank you!
Just because those cards were being sent out to some TCG staff didn't mean it was about the TCG and I gave reasons for that in the other thread.

Holy shit yes! And here I was thinking it wouldn't come out until April.

Looks like I'm splurging on Pokemon and a 3DS this spring...

Wow, March 6th. That's awesome! Now we have a surefire date. That'll give me something to look forward to in March (aside from my birthday ^_^). Glad to hear this. Now I hope they also distribute the official guide at the same time (I like having the guide, mostly for reference, but also for other reasons). But this is good news.

I hope things will be just like after the release of HGSS:the games will come to Brazil at the same date they come to the US. Though the seasons will be completely different from the southern hemisphere since the pokemon games selled in Brazil are american versions.

I just noticed that this date is not Spring like they originally said it was.

I think that the TCG will be released around May 11 or 18.

Remember, Diamond & Pearl had its TCG released on May 23, when the games came out a month and a day earlier.

If you're were I am in the US they normally premiere new anime episodes on Saturdays, meaning the day before B/W's release.

That's where I am.

DP001, DP002 and DP003 premiered on April 20, 2007, which was a Friday.

DP050, DP051 and DP052 premiered on February 1, 2008, which was also a Friday.

They release new episodes on Fridays sometimes.

I just noticed that this date is not Spring like they originally said it was.

Eh the first day of Spring is technically March 21st, but if you go by that than HG/SS weren't Spring and Platinum was barely after Spring. Don't take it too literally.

Told you guys it wouldn't be released in April. :p

Man! I'm so excited :D I'm really glad it's sooner ^___________^

Better mark my calender, think Best Wishes will be aired sometime durin' or after March? I think so.

btw GS, epic fail xD

I'm pretty much saying that Best Wishes! will undoubtedly premiere on March 4. To me, the possibility that it will premiere on that date is about 99.9%.

Now I can't wait anymore, knowing exactly when it's coming out. That's even sooner than I'd expected.

And it'll be Fall in the games too when it comes out. I can work Tsunbear into the team like I wanted to.

I hope the game guide is released the same day.

I hope the game guide is released the same day.

They always are. Any who. It sucks for me that its so close. I am completely broke. DAMN YOU NINTENDO 3DS!!!

Don't the covers mean that the Panpour thing is false? Because on the PokéBeach cover, which is the same image as the Serebii cover, The Pokémon Company is on the lower right corner, with Nintendo on top of it. But on the real cover, Nintendo is on the lower right corner, with The Pokémon Company to the left of it.

Either that, or GameStop changed the cover to add "For Display Only" on the bottom.

Wouldn't that mean that anime-wise we'd have two weeks between the final DP ep and first BW ep? (well, or three weeks if the day they air the movie they'll also air the final ep)
In that case, I can totally see them air the Dawn and Brock episodes in these weeks to make it so there's no "break" between DP to BW and also cause it simply fits there at the end of DP (though it kills the specialness these eps will have in Japan, getting to see Dawn and Brock again a few months after they left the show...)
I really wonder if they sticked these two eps at the end of Season 13 - I thought it was unlikely cause so far they never included an ep without Ash as part of the regular show's seasons... but now I won't be surprised if they'll do it, both to make the season a little longer and to air new eps in the weeks between DP's last ep and BW's first ep

The English site updated :)

http://www.pokemonblackwhite.com/en-us/

pidove-detail.png

Pidove

sandile-detail.png

Sandile

blitzle-detail.png

Blitzle

minccino-detail.png

Minccino

klink-detail.png

Klink