• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Black and White release date announced: Games to be released March 6, 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: American Black and White release date announced: Games to be released March 6, 20

I don't think that's legal...

Re: American Black and White release date announced: Games to be released March 6, 20

"Hey Mom, can I go to GameStop to stay there until 12 in the morning for Pokemon White?"
I'm glad they confirmed the date. I wonder if the 3DS will be soon after the release of BW?

Is that Canada's official release date?

yeah im so excited! i preordered white yesterday so the day it comes out i can just go get it and leave!

No, getting a game earlier than its official release date is entirely illegal. Unless Canada's release date is the first of March, it won't happen.

Well, I'm with you guys on the "preorders still don't merit getting the games 5 days early" thing, but to be fair, as far as books go, online stores sometimes ship way earlier than just a weak early (even though that's another matter).

4 days before my birthday! :3

Promise of Serenity has it nailed. If a game comes out on September 25, for example, it comes out on September 25, not before September 25. In this case, when it comes out on March 6 in North America, releasing the games nearly a week earlier can get GameStop or whatever store into a serious lawsuit with TCPi.

Stores break street date all the time. It's not illegal, but it can get the store in hot water with console publishers, especially on whatever the newest halo/cod is, where they put a sticker on the top that says "DO NOT OPEN BEFORE x/xx/xxxx". Oh, and on PC, companies use DRM to try to keep people from breaking street date.

And then you have online stores that ship early to ensure it arrives on release date. It then arrives before that, and that's how we got the 2ch camera pics all around BMGf. And that's how early non-reviewer unbox videos will pop up too.

I remember cases of Bloomsbury sending legal notices to stores that sold Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince a few days early, and even legally bound people who had brought the book to not read it until the street date.

In the UK, usually if you pre-order something online that's released on a Friday, you'll probably get it on Thursday. If it's released on Monday, you'll get it on Tuesday. (I got my SoulSilver the day before EU release =3). But that's different; because online retailers ship early to try and take into account the mail services.

March 6th?! The day before my birthday?! WOW! This is the best birthday gift ever! ;A; I know what I'm getting on my birthday!

And it's two days before mine. I was debating whether or not to buy Black on my own and ask for other things, but an opportunity of a game being relased before my birthday but so close to it doesn't come often. In fact, it, like, never has...

So I'll ask for Black.

March 1 = EB Games placeholder.

Yes! Just in time for my birthday!

Why are street dates even in place? I always thought they were the dumbest things. Stores should be able to sell them the moment they get the shipment in.

Last edited:

Am I the only wierdo that doesn't want gen 4 to end?

Am I the only wierdo that doesn't want gen 4 to end?

You weren't, just 10 months ago when they first gave hints of a new generation.

Can't wait! When I get White and complete it, I'm transferring ALL of my legendaries from Johto/Kanto and Sinnoh...

hmm just got to wait for EU release date now...

Yes! I knew we would get it in early March! Can't wait until March 6, 2011!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom