• To keep up with the hype driven by Sword and Shield's release, we are taking applications for new moderators in our Current Events: Sword and Shield as well as Anime and Manga sections.

For more information, see this thread.We hope you all consider joining our team!
  • We hope you're enjoying Sword and Shield so far! So that everyone can enjoy it and not be spoiled, please keep the all story spoilers and any images from the games in the appropriate sections or in spoiler tags until January 3rd.

Since spoiler tags are not allowed in signatures, please do not put images from the games in your signature either. You can list the names of new Pokémon if you want to list your team in your signature.

American Pharoah Wins First Triple Crown in 37 Years

After Laughter
Reaction score
  • Staff
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/sports/american-pharoah-claims-triple-crown-n371041

So there ya have it, folks. I, personally, witnessed history this evening, something which I may not witness again for a long time. I'm not a HUGE fan of horse racing, but I always watch the big 3 races every year with my family. Congratulations to the horse and owners on this fantastic achievement!

What are your thoughts on this amazing feat?

Reaction score
The 37 year gap has been bridged And I'm wasn't born the last time the triple crown has been won

live fast die frequently
Reaction score
The 37 year gap has been bridged And I'm wasn't born the last time the triple crown has been won
I'm pretty sure almost none of us were. Also, in the words of Victor Espinoza, HOLY SHIT!!!

Monoceros
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure almost none of us were. Also, in the words of Victor Espinoza, HOLY SHIT!!!
I was three when the last one was crowned but I don't remember any of it. And yeah, HOLY SHIT! There have been so many close calls and now it finally happened. I am stunned.

QUEEN NICKI DOMINATE
Reaction score
I spend most of my day around horses, and just, from what I see in his racing, this horse is exceptional. Not just talent wise.

If you watch the race and see the last few moments, the jockey was not pushing American Pharoah at all. This horse is pure heart. He was trained and raised well, and truly loves what he does. I teared up so bad watching it. What a seriously incredible horse <3