• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is being investigated. As I previously said, over 400 people have already been arrested and dragged to court over the attack.

But all of this have so far been separate court procedures against separate people. Since the scope of this scandal is so large, a commission is needed in order to bring all of the evidence together in order to create a common report detailing how this all happened and how to prevent it from happening again.

For example, the same bill was also passed back in 2002 to establish the 9/11 commission. This is standard procedure when dealing with events like this.

That makes sense. I admit I don't know much about this kind of stuff, so thanks for the explanation.

Not seen any post on it in the past day or two but Tennessee's state governor has been a destructive streak of passing several anti-transgender / anti-lgbt laws in affect that are harmful to transgender people. How this person is still allowed to hold a position of power when he's essentially restricting and taking away the rights of people who already have a hard enough time as it is trying to get through life (depending on where they live.)

As someone who is transgender, these "helpful" bills are incredibly cowardly and harmful, I don't live in Tennessee but this does not mean that I cannot get upset seeing this type of garbage getting passed by someone who has no understanding or willingness to educate himself on transgender matters.

Not seen any post on it in the past day or two but Tennessee's state governor has been a destructive streak of passing several anti-transgender / anti-lgbt laws in affect that are harmful to transgender people. How this person is still allowed to hold a position of power when he's essentially restricting and taking away the rights of people who already have a hard enough time as it is trying to get through life (depending on where they live.)

As someone who is transgender, these "helpful" bills are incredibly cowardly and harmful, I don't live in Tennessee but this does not mean that I cannot get upset seeing this type of garbage getting passed by someone who has no understanding or willingness to educate himself on transgender matters.
The GOP's actions over the last 4+ years has made it perfectly clear they are unfit to hold power in any capacity. I am so sorry you have to deal with all this; I can't even imagine what it must feel like watch it happen.

Honestly, I'd call the GOP outright evil at times....
I notice the fox news channel has been doing waaay more reports on transgender people and portraying them as being bad and awful for sports despite their being very few transgender athletes in the united states and their team members aren't even bothered by the fact they are transgender, they're rightfully more concerned on how well they can play the sport and help the team.

this makes me sick. i'm kinda pro-gun (but i want strict background check AND heavy training laws), but dear lord, why the fuck would you support this!!?!?!??!
i'm glad i stopped supporting the gop. with all their anti-trans legislation, "stop the steal" bs, religious bs, and now this.
dear fucking god man. when i can vote i'm either going libertarian or democrat
I have an alternative proposal for you.

Normally I try to avoid talking about politics as it's a magnet for problems, but, once again, the GOP are being absolute spineless bastards. They're blocking the bipartisan probe of the deadly Jan 6 riot. For the love of God, why must they keep doing stupid stuff like this?! Their lives were at risk as well, not just the Democrats, yet they're calling it a "Democrat trap". On top of that, Trump is, as always, bashing someone, in this case Paul Ryan for actually showing some spine in the face of that megalomaniac. I mean, really? I've lost total respect for the GOP at this point, and it's not like I had much respect for them before this cropped up. Are they really that afraid of Trump that they're willing to be such shameless arse-kissers to him? Or are they just that stupid? Honestly, Abe Lincoln would be turning in his grave to see just what the Republican party has become.

Honestly not really surprised that this is the hill the GOP really wants to die on, but still disgusted. The entire country was attacked that day, yet they want to sweep it under the rug and forget about it because party over country. It's amazing how scared they are of an orange guy who can't even get back on social media because of his actions.

What's really depressing is that despite all this, I'm sure the party's still gonna survive no matter how low it goes.

The GOP is an absolute fucking disgrace. They REALLY just blocked a commission to investigate the January 6th insurrection. They KNOW it will hurt some of them. I mean, you have people like Lauren Boebert who outright TWEETED Nancy Pelosi's location during the insurrection. THIS is why the filibuster needs to be axed. The Democrats have the presidency, house, AND senate, yet the Republicans are still able to do this shit.

The GOP is an absolute fucking disgrace. They REALLY just blocked a commission to investigate the January 6th insurrection. They KNOW it will hurt some of them. I mean, you have people like Lauren Boebert who outright TWEETED Nancy Pelosi's location during the insurrection. THIS is why the filibuster needs to be axed. The Democrats have the presidency, house, AND senate, yet the Republicans are still able to do this shit.
I would say this is about the point that Biden goes over Congress' heads and sets up a Presidential Commission.

Just a minor bit of news but Trump's new blog that he set up in retaliation for getting the axe from Twitter/Facebook has been shut down within 1 month of activation. All his posts are gone, too. Looks like he's back to square one again and I say good. The less outlets he can use to rile everyone up the better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom