• If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

American Politics Thread

Frozen Fennec

Beta Content Nerd
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
She/Her
Welp, I'm not even surprised that certain people are booing Biden's most recent announcement on TV earlier. Why are people even making mask/vaccine mandates into an issue? They need to stop acting like receiving protection from the literal plague is some kind of attack on their integrity.
Because the country's previous leader enabled terrible behavior and discouraged listening to Healthcare professionals and tried to convince people to listen more to snake-oil salesman type fixes that either do nothing or make things worse. Not to mention, a lot of those same people do not like when facts go against their narrow viewpoint of the world and how it works sadly. I don't even understand why it's such an issue to just wear a mask or get a vaccine, it's not restricting your ability to breath or complete stuff you would do on a day to day basis. You can lead a horse to water but you cannot make the horse drink the water, the horse has to do that on its own.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
And plus they're all going on about "But why won't you care about the Americans still stuck in Afganistan?!" Look, Biden's not perfect. Nobody is. There's only so much one person, even the president, can do, even with every possible resource they have. But it can't be denied that he's still a better president than the orange manbaby any day of the week! I'd rather have someone actually try to make things better, even if they don't always succeed, than someone like Trump ruling the country. Plus, I'm pretty sure the Taliban isn't exactly making fleeing the country easy on the people who are trying their damnedest to escape, even with the president's help.

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score
static.politico.com.jpg

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
So former Presidents Obama and Clinton, along with President Biden were all present for the 9/11 memorial service. Former President Bush was at the Pennsylvania crash site giving a speech. Trump? Of course he was nowhere to be seen. He was instead commentating some MMA fight with his son....And he took the time to give a speech praising some disgusting cult known as the Moonies.... Supposedly he visited some firefighters and a police union, though he never took any time to be at any memorial event or give a speech to honor the victims. Also anyone remember how he sat there that day and bragged about how tall Trump Tower is and lied about seeing Muslims celebrating?

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
At this point, I'm not even surprised by the orange manbaby's actions anymore. I mean, after inciting a literal insurrection at the Capitol, how much lower can he possibly go at this point?

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
At this point, I'm not even surprised by the orange manbaby's actions anymore. I mean, after inciting a literal insurrection at the Capitol, how much lower can he possibly go at this point?
I just wanna never have to hear about him ever again. I legit hope he faces legal trouble that can prevent a 2024 run so we don't have to deal with another incredibly stressful election cycle full of his petty and childish behavior, as well as another insurrection if he loses again.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score

Great job, California! The Republicans' effort to recall Gov. Newsom has failed. Newsom stays and California will not be heading down a dark path similar to that which Greg Abbot and RonDeSantis have plunged Texas and Florida into.

Now we look ahead to 2022. We gotta keep hold of the house while expanding our majority in the senate so we can get around Senator Manchin. The biggest hope I have is being able to kick out the worst of the worst such as Marjorie Taylor Greene, Jim Jordan, Maddison Cawthorne, Devin Nunes, Matt Gaetz, Lauren Boebert, and Marco Rubio.

Last edited:

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score
Great job, California! The Republicans' effort to recall Gov. Newsom has failed. Newsom stays and California will not be heading down a dark path similar to that which Greg Abbot and RonDeSantis have plunged Texas and Florida into.

The fiscal conservatives in California just pissed away $300,000,000. Hilarious.

Then again, fiscal conservatism has always been a bankrupt (lol) ideology, whose sole purpose was to punish the poor.

Phenom

Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
He/Him/His
So, let me understand this. Is everyone on here a diehard Liberal then? Are you oblivious to the fact that Biden just sent millions, literal millions, to the very terrorist organization that caused the events of 9/11. And damn right, I refuse to get a vaccine. I refuse to inject myself with something that is still not proven to be completely without long-term side-effects. If you can't understand or appreciate the fact that it's my body, my choice, then there's nothing anyone can say to help you there. You may not agree with me and I respect your right to an opinion; but, you need to understand, even Dr. Fauci has stated that they do not know the true effectiveness of the vaccine long-term and the talk about booster shots? Hello?

Contrainer

Well-Ington Member
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
any
So, let me understand this. Is everyone on here a diehard Liberal then? Are you oblivious to the fact that Biden just sent millions, literal millions, to the very terrorist organization that caused the events of 9/11. And damn right, I refuse to get a vaccine. I refuse to inject myself with something that is still not proven to be completely without long-term side-effects. If you can't understand or appreciate the fact that it's my body, my choice, then there's nothing anyone can say to help you there. You may not agree with me and I respect your right to an opinion; but, you need to understand, even Dr. Fauci has stated that they do not know the true effectiveness of the vaccine long-term and the talk about booster shots? Hello?
Ratio

swiftfox

Vulpix Velox
Reaction score
1) Are you oblivious to the fact that Biden just sent millions, literal millions, to the very terrorist organization that caused the events of 9/11. And damn right, I refuse to get a vaccine. 2) I refuse to inject myself with something that is still not proven to be completely without long-term side-effects. 3) If you can't understand or appreciate the fact that it's my body, my choice, then there's nothing anyone can say to help you there. You may not agree with me and I respect your right to an opinion; but, you need to understand, even Dr. Fauci has stated that they do not know the true effectiveness of the vaccine long-term and the talk about booster shots? Hello?
Wow, there’s a lot to unpack here.

1. Do you have a source? A quick Google search of “Biden sends money to Al-Qaeda” didn’t get me anywhere.

2. Vaccines have proven overwhelmingly safe and effective. But even if there were unanswered questions about the vaccines, we do know plenty of the effects from COVID. Are you saying you’d really prefer that?
Also, serious question: Did that come from a memo, or something? I’ve seen that exact sentence, or variations of it, so many times that I’m almost convinced it’s coordinated.

3. That’s not how it works. If you want to get drunk and high in your own living room, that’s your choice. If you want to get drunk and high and then get behind the wheel during rush-hour, you are needlessly putting everyone around you in danger, and you don’t have that right.

Juliko

The #1 Deerling Fan!
Reaction score
I'm echoing everything swiftfox says. Besides, the vaccine isn't perfect, but it's literally the best protection we have right now. I'd rather deal with a few side effects for a day than get sick with COVID and die.

3. That’s not how it works. If you want to get drunk and high in your own living room, that’s your choice. If you want to get drunk and high and then get behind the wheel during rush-hour, you are needlessly putting everyone around you in danger, and you don’t have that right.

Now that's a strange but accurate analogy if I ever read one.

Shiny Celebi

Phantom Thief
Former BMGf Head Administrator
Reaction score
Preferred Pronouns
Any. Not picky
So would you also refuse to get the MMR vaccine,the Polio vaccine,the Meningitis vaccine,the Tetanus vaccine as well as other needed vaccines? Because those vaccines are the only reason why people dont get those diseases now. There have been Measles outbreaks due to people refusing to gete their kids the MMR vaccine, People should not be getting measles.

Also people are refusing vaccines yet are taking horse dewormer despite negative effects it have. They’re more than willimg to take experimental “cures”, so how is this vaccine any different.

The Covid vaccines have gone through studies proving is effectiveness in preventing the virus. Its made with a technology allowing vaccines to be made faster and more efficiently than in the past

I hope you’re also aware many vaccines require boosters, this isnt unique to the Covid vaccine. They also make a different flu shot yearly because the same strain is not the one that is widespread every year.

The less people take the vaccine the more the virus will mutate and become resistant to every Covid vaccine, and then we’re back to square one. Is that what you want? To go back to when there is no vaccine at all? I dont think thats what anyone wants.

Let me ask you,are you also against wearing masks and social distancing as well as other hygeine measures to prevent disease? Let me stress these prevent other diseases as well as Covid.

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score
So, let me understand this. Is everyone on here a diehard Liberal then?

I'll just add that it's really sad to see that being vaccinated against deadly diseases is now considered to be a "diehard Liberal" thing.

The pandemic is currently causing havoc in southern states. Some of these states were won by the GOP by only very narrow margins, and if the Republican voter base continues to commit suicide by COVID at current rates... then we might see that even harsh gerrymandering and voter suppression will not be able to keep those states from going blue come next elections.

The GOP has done many stupid decisions in the past, but to actively kill off its own voter base is something truly incredible.