• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The amendment has officially been withdrawn. The rest of the bill is going up for a vote shortly.
Update: it’s officially passed in the state house.

Update 2, it gets worse:

Last edited:
Because Biden is a conservative at his core, and whether he needs Republican votes or not, he wants them. His political instincts would tend to mean he is likely to produce a moderate who will not do enough to steer against the Court's rightward tack.

President Biden has nominated Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson to the U.S. Supreme Court, the White House announced Friday.

Jackson has the resume we've come to expect from Supreme Court justices: Harvard Law, a Supreme Court clerkship, some time at prestigious corporate law firms, and a seat on the federal judiciary — specifically, the D.C. Circuit Court of Appeals.

She also served for two years as a federal public defender, and she was a member of the U.S. Sentencing Commission at a time when that panel significantly rolled back federal sentencing guidelines for many drug offenses.

In a statement, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) said: "I voted against confirming Judge Jackson to her current position less than a year ago.

Professionally, she is an experienced judge. For eight years, she served as a federal trial court judge and last June was confirmed for a seat on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the District of Columbia.

Prior to her becoming a judge, her legal experience was extensive and varied. While four members of the current court were at one time prosecutors, Jackson, if nominated, would be the first Supreme Court justice since Thurgood Marshall to have represented indigent criminal defendants.

At the White House event, Jackson opened her remarks by saying she was humbled by the nomination, noting that it came at a time when there was a lot going on in the world.

My Twitter timeline has been all politics and the Major League Baseball lockout for the past week. I guess it was only a matter of time before they merged.

Bernie’s absolutely right, btw.

In-thread Warning: Politics Bans
Hello everyone,

Just want to give an in-thread that if you are banned in the American Politics or the International Politics thread, you are subject to temporary or permanent in-thread ban for both of those threads, along with any other threads relating to politics. This is in addition to any other sanctions such as warnings, points, bans, etc.

This is your in-thread warning about the new thread bans. The OP has been updated as such.

This is insane and terrifying. I guess it was the natural progression from banning vaccine mandates. Wouldn’t be surprised if a Republican-controlled state tries to outright ban vaccines, or at least makes noise about it, in the near future.

Bet some people fear/believe the vaccine will turn them gay.

Yep. I mean I think many who oppose the vaccine might have that fear, but Florida being anti-vax and anti-LGBT, makes it close to fact.

To think, pre-Trump Florida actually went blue sometimes. Seems like it's really gone down the toilet now.

To think, pre-Trump Florida actually went blue sometimes. Seems like it's really gone down the toilet now.
Florida’s still purple overall. It’s got an R+3 lean on the Cook Partisan Voting Index, the same as Georgia and Arizona. However, it’s also very inelastic, which is why elections there are usually so close even when the national vote is lopsided.

Last edited:
Reminds me of a riff on the PSA called Boys Beware which shows men who try to pick up young boys. Just adult men doing so, not women.

Do they really believe that pedophila is just something done by gay adults only or mostly?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom