• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• There have been changes to the pronoun field in user profiles. Find out more here!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

American Politics Thread

swiftfox

Vulpix Velox
Reaction score

This information was available to the Indiana AG before he announced he would investigate the doctor. He’s putting her at risk simply to raise his own profile.

Max1996

Master of Aura
Reaction score
I've seen these two articles on Discord, though I'm not sure if they should go here or in the International Politics Thread...

swiftfox

Vulpix Velox
Reaction score

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score

swiftfox

Vulpix Velox
Reaction score
The GOP has decided to make sure that no one forgets for even a moment about that time they tried to force a 10 year old to give birth.

This feels like they're sending a warning to doctors and future victims: Don't make us look bad, or we'll destroy you.

Sheep40

Reaction score
I was reading We Hunted The Mammoth's comment section and found an interesting pattern amongst the doomerism: They expect a second civil war as well as a more conventional holocaust-like genocide.

The terrible truth is they won't need go go that far. With the kind of attitude people have, they're clearly perfectly willing to allow things like the indiana case to continue happening forever as long as it affects them. If they're not, they're basically suicidal out of ideology.

People gave up already. You can see it amongst the left that should have been the opposition. The blatantly malthusian beliefs regarding climate resilence should have been a dead giveaway. In Europe, even Eastern Europe, people are bitterly, savagely fighting back for their democracy, even in explicit dictatorships like Russia, Belarus, Hungary, and Kazakhstan. Even countries that were never democratic.

We, on the other hand, see fit to die martyrs than live people.

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score
Do you guys think that Republicans will now realize that opposing the right to abortion is deeply unpopular among Americans? Nah, they'll keep doubling down all the way to the midterms:

Kansans secured a huge win for abortion rights in the US on Tuesday night when they voted to continue to protect abortion in the state constitution.

The race was called by a host of US groups like NBC News, the New York Times and Decision Desk HQ.

The move will be seen as huge a loss for the anti-abortion movement and a major win for abortion rights advocates across America, who will see the result as a bellwether for popular opinion.

Kansas – a deeply conservative and usually reliably Republican state – is the first US state to put abortion rights to a vote since the US supreme court ruled to overturn constitutional protections for abortion in late June.

The state will remain a safe haven for abortion in the midwest, as one of the few states in the region where it remains legal to perform the procedure. Many other states have undertaken moves to make abortion largely illegal since June.

Joe Biden issued a statement welcoming the result. “This vote makes clear what we know: the majority of Americans agree that women should have access to abortion and should have the right to make their own health care decisions,” the US president said.

The Kansas state senator Dinah Sikes, a Democrat, cried as the vote came in, and turned to her friends and colleagues, showing them goosebumps on her arm.

“It’s just amazing. It’s breathtaking that women’s voices were heard and we care about women’s health,” she told the Guardian, after admitting she had thought the vote would be close. “But we were close in a lot of rural areas and that really made the difference – I’m just so grateful,” she said.

The “No” campaign – which was protecting abortion rights – was strongly ahead in the referendum with 62% of the vote with the majority of ballots counted. That means millions of dollars lost for the Catholic church who contributed more than $3m trying to eradicate abortion rights in Kansas, according to campaign finance records.

On the other hand, the GOP senate is bravely retreating after they were humiliated by angry veterans, but not after footage of GOP shitheads doing fistbumps after first blocking the bill became viral:

Clean up on aisle four!

Facing overwhelming backlash after tanking a previously-approved veterans health benefits bill (known as the PACT Act) out of spite over Democrats’ climate and tax legislation, the Senate’s Republican leadership now seems to have realized that the tantrum isn’t worth it.

Minority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-KY), one of the 25 Republicans who had abruptly switched their initial “yes” vote to a “no,” signaled on Monday that the bill, which provides aid for veterans suffering from toxic exposures, will overcome the blockade when Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-NY) puts it up for a vote again.

“It will pass this week,” McConnell said.

A similarly squirmy Senate Republican Conference chair John Barrasso (R-WY), the third-ranking GOP senator and another Republican who had changed his vote, told Politico that he would “expect it to pass.”

Senate Minority Whip John Thune (R-SD), who voted against the legislation both times, said that at “some point” the bill “is going to pass and it will pass big.”

The leaders’ backtracking marks an attempt at damage control as Republican senators find themselves getting raked over the coals for blocking the PACT Act, which had initially passed the Senate in a largely bipartisan 84-14 vote last month but was brought to a vote again last week due to a technical error.

When the legislation was put to a vote again, 25 Republicans who’d voted for it the first time inexplicably blocked the bill; a move that was widely understood to be a flailing attempt at politically motivated retaliation after Schumer and Sen. Joe Manchin (D-WV) announced a deal on a bill to address climate change, drug pricing and corporate taxes.

There's still a lot of time until midterms. Let's see how much further the GOP will debase itself and how many more horror stories of impregnated kids being denied abortion will come out until then.

Last edited:

Max1996

Master of Aura
Reaction score
That means millions of dollars lost for the Catholic church who contributed more than $3m trying to eradicate abortion rights in Kansas, according to campaign finance records.
:ROFLMAO:

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score
You know...

I find it immensely funny that the same crowd that breathlessly posted about Hillary's emails is now awfully silent about Trump's Mar-a-Lago home being raided by the FBI.

Without double standards, conservatives wouldn't have any.

Aulos

Sappho's Friend
Reaction score
Pronouns
She/Her
Why do they keep on saying "no president before has been subject to this" as if that is reason at all to condemn it?

Ryoma Maser

A Life Sent On
Reaction score
Pronouns
He/They
Why do they keep on saying "no president before has been subject to this" as if that is reason at all to condemn it?
But if I was anyone else, they would say they would deserve it. And this isn't even related to any other investigations (like Jan. 6th) besides like the one where he mishandled documents since he took a bunch without going through certain channels as far as I know.

Frozen Fennec

Beta Content Nerd
Reaction score
"Rules for thee but never for me, this is unfair." is all I'm getting from the tweet in the photo. It is always kind of a "huh?" moment when some people think the laws of where they live should not apply to them.

Imagine licking the boots of the guy who sent a mob to hang you.

The first president to have their home raided by the FBI? Most likely. The first president to have a criminal investigation looked into? Absolutely not, prior to Trump, there was: Richard Nixon, Ronald Regan, Bill Clinton, and then George W. Bush.

Volphied

Shaking my head
Reaction score
Treason season starts early this year, as local orange baboon and former US president is implicated in trying to sell nuclear secrets to Saudi Arabia.

In other news, some MAGA chud, incensed at the fact that his object of worship is being investigated by the FBI, armed himself with guns and tried to storm the FBI office in Ohio.

Chud got shredded to bits by FBI agents, and here's hoping that Trump will soon join him in hell after he gets the same chair the Rosenbergs got.

Top Bottom