• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the risk of getting everyone's hopes up, FiveThirtyEight now gives the Democrats better odds of winning the House than Republicans of winning the Senate.

In other news,

Better late than never. I was worried they wouldn't be able to get it in.

At the current moment I expect Democrats to lose spectacularly in the 2022 midterms, with massive gains for the GOP. Joe Biden will go down as one of the worst Presidents the USA has ever had, and future historians will view him in the same way they view James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Herbert Hoover.

Edit: It might not be that bad, but high gas prices might hurt the Dems in November.

Last edited:
At the current moment I expect Democrats to lose spectacularly in the 2022 midterms, with massive gains for the GOP. Joe Biden will go down as one of the worst Presidents the USA has ever had, and future historians will view him in the same way they view James Buchanan, Andrew Johnson, and Herbert Hoover.

Edit: It might not be that bad, but high gas prices might hurt the Dems in November.
Haven't the gas prices gone down though?

Also I highly doubt that, while Biden hasn't been the greatest, he's done a frick ton in only over a year he's been in office. And I doubt the GOP won't gain a big lead in either chamber due to very unpopular movements they have embrace and the overturn of Roe V. Wade as well as other landmark cases the conservative Supreme Court has their eyes on. In addition, a lot of the former president's (I refuse to say their name) choices are also very unpopular for House and Senate spots in addition to them already planning to possibly announcing their attempt to retake the presidency might take away from the more important elections.

I hate how a lot of people who say Democrats will lose due to high gas prices often ignore everything else involved, when Republicans are the ones who actively vote against the bills to solve the problems they say Democrats cause.

Haven't the gas prices gone down though?

Also I highly doubt that, while Biden hasn't been the greatest, he's done a frick ton in only over a year he's been in office. And I doubt the GOP won't gain a big lead in either chamber due to very unpopular movements they have embrace and the overturn of Roe V. Wade as well as other landmark cases the conservative Supreme Court has their eyes on. In addition, a lot of the former president's (I refuse to say their name) choices are also very unpopular for House and Senate spots in addition to them already planning to possibly announcing their attempt to retake the presidency might take away from the more important elections.

I hate how a lot of people who say Democrats will lose due to high gas prices often ignore everything else involved, when Republicans are the ones who actively vote against the bills to solve the problems they say Democrats cause.
The price of gas is a whopping $4.49 where I live in southeastern Michigan. The GOP is also trying to fight back with ads about immigration and crime and trying to avoid associating themselves with the Dobbs case and abortion. Although it might not be enough, even if they are favored to retake the House. The majority that they have might be a barely-functioning majority similar to what the Dems have now.

Wish there were something you could do to help your Democratic candidate of choice win? Well, there is. You could volunteer for him/her.

Here's a chart from the VoteDem subreddit, showing Democratic candidates and how you can volunteer for them.

But at least Hershel Walker is screwed. The abortion story was bad for him, as Warnock gained in opinion polls.

But at least Hershel Walker is screwed. The abortion story was bad for him
Honestly, I care less about Walker paying for an abortion than I do about him likely being a brain-damaged domestic abuser. For some reason, that's been completely glossed over.

Some MAGA chud tried to assassinate Pelosi. She wasn't at her house, so he instead attacked her husband.

Going to vote early in NC tomorrow. It’ll be the first competitive statewide election I’ve voted in since the 2008 Louisiana Senate race.

Edit: change of plans; took care of it tonight.
Some MAGA chud tried to assassinate Pelosi. She wasn't at her house, so he instead attacked her husband.
I guess he didn’t want to leave anything to chance like the guy who mailed pipe bombs to Democrats in 2018.

Last edited:
I guess twitter is bound to lose all of its advertisers once Musk is finished drowning the site in every psychotic Qanon/MAGA conspiracy theory.

Proof that money can't buy smarts, the world's richest person is also it's biggest moron.

Last edited:
Sorry for double-posting, but lol, lmao, rofl even:

In other news, Republicans are already threatening any company that cuts ties with Musk's Twitter. Remember this the next time they bleat about the "free market" and government overreach.

Last edited:
FiveThirtyEight now has the Senate back to an even 50-50. :rolleyes:

Also something weird’s going on. Republican polling firms have been flooding swing states with partisan polls over the last week or so, and it’s screwing up the averages forecasters rely on.

FiveThirtyEight now has the Senate back to an even 50-50. :rolleyes:

Also something weird’s going on. Republican polling firms have been flooding swing states with partisan polls over the last week or so, and it’s screwing up the averages forecasters rely on.
A lot of pollsters are oversampling conservative-leaning groups to avoid 2016/2020-esque poling errors. That's what's going on here.

A lot of pollsters are oversampling conservative-leaning groups to avoid 2016/2020-esque poling errors. That's what's going on here.
That’s not what I mean. I’m talking about GOP firms cranking out partisan polls at a rapid fire clip. They’re outpacing non-partisan polls and inflating the Republicans’ advantage in the polling averages. I’m curious as to why they’re doing this and how they’re able to afford it.

That’s not what I mean. I’m talking about GOP firms cranking out partisan polls at a rapid fire clip. They’re outpacing non-partisan polls and inflating the Republicans’ advantage in the polling averages. I’m curious as to why they’re doing this and how they’re able to afford it.
Yeah. They want to spread the message that this is a red wave so that Democrats would stay home and not vote and make it so the red wave actually does happen. There's polls in various races that show a close race where there shouldn't be one, like the Washington Senate race of the New York Governor's race.

With the way everything’s playing out, this is probably the best way to look at next Tuesday.

I just came back to the US to vote for the first time in seven years, because voting overseas is... terrible. Governor Abbott should thankfully cruise to a victory here in Texas, but it was still nice to get to vote.

From the looks of RCP, the Republicans are looking to capture up to 3 or 4 seats in the Senate, 14 to 48 in the House, and 3 Governorships.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom