• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I suggest you to calm down, and stop shouting alt-right at anyone who disagrees with you.

I'm not "shouting" at you. I'm telling you why you're wrong about what you said.

I couldn't care less about Prager I as a whole, but their description of Marxism in this video is spot on.

You should care about the sources you're linking. And that video was utterly deluded in its definition of marxism. You ought to think hard about why you find yourself agreeing with far-right views.

In a video entitled, "Why Did the Democratic South Become Republican?", host Carol M. Swain, a professor at Vanderbilt University, argued that the Southern strategy–the Republican Party's strategy of purposely exploiting racial tensions in the late 1960s to appeal to racist white Southerners–was false revisionism. Kevin M. Kruse, a professor of history at Princeton University, said that the video presented a "distortion" of history, "cherry-picked" its evidence, and was an "exercise in attacking a straw man".

Alex Nowrasteh of the Cato Institute criticized an anti-immigration PragerU video by Michelle Malkin. Nowrasteh said that the video was "rife with errors and half-truths, leaves out a lot of relevant information, and comes to an anti-legal immigration conclusion that is unsupported by the evidence presented in the rest of the video."

Regarding the PragerU video "The Suicide of Europe" by Douglas Murray, ADL fellow Mark Pitcavage has said that he doesn't consider it fascist or white nationalist, but that the video is prejudiced, and he says that it contains anti-immigrant and anti-Muslim rhetoric that would certainly be agreeable to white supremacists.
Vanity Fair said PragerU "Packages right-wing social concepts into slick videos" and that PragerU was, "One of the most effective conversion tools for young conservatives."

Sociologist Francesca Tripodi described the effect of PragerU's videos in a report for the Data & Society Research Institute. According to Tripodi, "PragerU's choice of guests connects their audience to 'far-right' and 'alt-right' personalities" when these personalities also appear on the programs of PragerU's guests, and are promoted by YouTube's recommendation algorithm. Tripodi wrote that "content creators like PragerU are not only exploiting the practices of scriptural inference, but also relying on search engine optimization and suggested content to elevate their messaging" and that PragerU's content "allows for those who identify as mainline conservatives to gain easy access to white supremacist logic."

You should care about the sources you're linking. And that video was utterly deluded in its definition of marxism. You ought to think hard about why you find yourself agreeing with far-right views.
There is nothing far-right about this video. It's the plain truth about your precious Karl Marx.

Last edited:
Let's call every "right" media "alt-right" and let's hope intelligent people don't notice it.

Nice tactics (y)

You're not even trying. I've already linked sources proving their far-right ties. Just scroll up.

Besides, it's you who's calling everything that is not Fox News "leftism".

You're not even trying. I've already linked sources proving their far-right ties.

Just scroll up.
But I don't even care if Prager U is alt-right or regular right.

Their Karl Marx video is spot on, either way. And that's what makes you uncomfortable and makes you resort to "b-but alt right!"

Last edited:
But I don't even care if they're alt-right or regular right. Their Karl Marx video is the uncomfortable truth you are trying to hide.

Their video is an example of what a far-right propaganda website would think what Karl Marx is. In short, it's gibberish straight from 50s Red Scare America.

Think hard about who you're agreeing with. And watch the video I linked on how PragerU lies to you. It contains uncomfortable truths that you ignore.

Their video is an example of what a far-right propaganda website would think what Karl Marx is. In short, it's gibberish straight from 50s Red Scare America.

Think hard about who you're agreeing with. And watch the video I linked on how PragerU lies to you. It contains uncomfortable truths that you ignore.
I don't care about Prager U, so I won't bother watching your video about them.

This Karl Marx video is true, and I hope more people here watch it, and realize what he really did to the world.

So you're saying you'll just follow media from the alt-right?
No? What I'm saying is that "even a broken clock gives the correct time twice a day".

This video is true, and Karl Marx is one of the most dangerous ideologues in history, regardless of who posted this video, and where they stand on the political spectrum.

Last edited:
I don't care about Prager U, so I won't bother watching your video about them.

You should care about who's feeding you propaganda.

This Karl Marx video is true, and I hope more people here watch it, and realize what he really did to the world.

And I'll be here warning everyone about the alt-right, white-nationalist and extremely biased videos that you're posting.

Poké Boss said:
No? What I'm saying is that even a broken clock gives the correct time twice a day.

Again, you should think hard whenever you find yourself agreeing with alt-right propaganda created to demonize others.

And I'll be here warning everyone about the alt-right, white-nationalist and extremely biased videos that you're posting.
You won't need to continue selling your anti-right propaganda to people, because I'm not going to continue posting here, at least not any time soon.

And now, you are going to be put on the ignore list (the first time I'm using it on Bulbagarden).

Last edited:
You won't need to continue selling your anti-right propaganda to people, because I'm not going to continue posting here, at least not any time soon.

It's not "anti-right propaganda". You don't even know where I am on the left/right spectrum. And disproving alt-right sources isn't "anti-right". Mainstream right doesn't like your PragerU videos either. You need to stop calling "marxist" everyone who point out the fact you're linking to alt-right videos. You also need to properly study on what "marxism" is. Hint: "marxists" aren't people who disagree with you. At this point you're just a troll who relishes in derailing threads and insulting people.

American Presidential Election Thread, 2020 Edition

Gladly. This derail needs to end.

Last edited:
Mainstream right doesn't like your PragerU videos either.
And Mainstream left doesn't like your Marxist propaganda either :)

You couldn't even give a single counterargument to anything that the video I posted says about Marx. And of course you couldn't, because this video exposes Karl Marx by... quoting Karl Marx himself.

Last edited:
because this video exposes Karl Marx by... quoting Karl Marx himself.

Quote mining is piss easy. That's what the video did. That's what you're doing too.

You don't know anything about Marx. Get a source that isn't a far-right video channel known for distortions and lying. And stop calling anyone who disagrees with your far-right videos "marxists". At this point you're just a troll who can't handle other opinions.

And stop derailing this thread with your Red Scare nonsense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom