• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good thing it's not the fanbase that is running for office.

And even the worst Berniebro is still miles better than the average MAGA chud.

I've heard of Sanders supporters that voted for Trump, and the ones that stayed home essentially gave Trump the election.

I've heard of Sanders supporters that voted for Trump, and the ones that stayed home essentially gave Trump the election.

This is a persistent myth that needs to die. The vast majority of Bernie supporters voted for Hillary. Hillary was hurt more by Jill Stein voters, than any stubborn Bernie voters. And those few Bernie supporters who went to Trump were much more conservative than the average Democratic voter.

I'm gonna quote one of my older posts in this thread:

The overwhelming majority of Bernie voters went to Hillary.

Moreover, defections from a primary to general election are common. More voters went from Hillary Clinton to John McCain in 2008 than went from Sanders to Trump in 2016; about 13 percent of Trump’s 2016 voters also voted for Barack Obama in 2012.

Schaffner found some demographic characteristics that might align with what you’d expect — Bernie-Trump voters were older and whiter than the average Democratic primary voter, for instance.

Also of note: the Bernie-Trump voter also proved much more likely to consider himself or herself “somewhat conservative” or “very conservative” than the average Democrat. Sanders, of course, ran on a policy platform well to Clinton’s left — but was able to do so in a way that allowed him to win over voters that disdain the “liberal” label.

1. Good thing it's not the fanbase that is running for office.

2. And even the worst Berniebro is still miles better than the average MAGA chud.
1. Some of them are, actually: 'Bernie Democrat' Deletes Tweet Saying He Hopes Obama Gets Cancer, Then Defends Tweet Saying He Hopes Obama Gets Cancer

2. After seeing stuff like the above and conspiracy theories about Buttigieg being a CIA plant, I'm not really sure if they're much better. I know these people are only a small part of Bernie's support base, but I'd still be wary of empowering them.

Gotta love all the people who voted for Trump over Hillary because they accused her of being a "warmonger".

She didn't want to tear up the Iran nuclear deal and start assassinating their leaders. This is all on Trump.

but no i dont think we are on the brink of war with Iran right now.
During Bush's time USA and middle east relations were very rocky so I think there was a higher chance of things going worse then than now.

Even during Bush things weren't as bad as they are right now.

Gotta love all the people who voted for Trump over Hillary because they accused her of being a "warmonger".

She didn't want to tear up the Iran nuclear deal and start assassinating their leaders. This is all on Trump.
And yet I keep seeing certain leftists trying to blame Democrats for this fiasco. It’s just pathetic at this point.

So, Castro is out now and endorsed Warren today. She’s been struggling lately, so let’s see if this helps at all.

Last edited:
"The president asked a foreign government to investigate his political rival. The president withheld vital military funds from that government to press it to do so. The president delayed funds for an American ally at war with Russian invaders. The president’s purpose was personal and political. Accordingly, the president is guilty of an appalling abuse of public trust.
What he did was not perfect. No, it was a flagrant assault on our electoral rights, our national security and our fundamental values. Corrupting an election to keep oneself in office is perhaps the most abusive and destructive violation of one’s oath of office that I can imagine."

-Mitt Romney

He did have a heart attack, so theres a possibility of him dying in office if his health declines.
I am not a US citizen, but to me the idea of voting for someone nearing 80 who recently had a heart attack, is rather irresponsible. Sometimes it's better to compromise a little bit on ideals.

I am not a US citizen, but to me the idea of voting for someone nearing 80 who recently had a heart attack, is rather irresponsible. Sometimes it's better to compromise a little bit on ideals.
You're absolutely right, but we may not have much of a choice with the way things are going.

If he died in office, the office would just go to his VP, it's not like it'd be the end of the world. Given what Trump's done, voting for him would be far more than just "compromising a little bit on ideals", and allowing him to further harm others would be more irresponsible.

If he died in office, the office would just go to his VP, it's not like it'd be the end of the world. Given what Trump's done, voting for him would be far more than just "compromising a little bit on ideals", and allowing him to further harm others would be more irresponsible.
The choice right now isn't between Sanders and Trump. I'd agree later on.

Honestly, I'm just wondering why have been so many candidates around and over 70 since 2016. Why is retirement age a good time to be president? It's a stressful job.

Last edited:
If he died in office, the office would just go to his VP, it's not like it'd be the end of the world.
That depends on who his Vice President would be. If Sanders’s campaign hiring decisions are any indication, there are reasons to worry about that.
Don’t get me wrong, it’s still infinitely preferable to another 4 years of Trump, but concerning nevertheless.

Been several months since an update, so I’ve updated the OP with candidate information and maps, as the primaries have begun.

As a sanders supporter myself, I’m quite pleased at how things are going, never imagined we’d rocket to the top like this.

I’m in a Super Tuesday state (Alabama). I’m going with Warren if she’s still in race by then. I just hope I’ll be able to vote, we could be dealing with severe weather Tuesday.

We’ve also got a big Senate primary on the GOP side with 7 candidates. Looks like it’s going to be a runoff between Jeff Sessions and former Auburn football coach Tommy Tuberville.

Last edited:
Klobuchar is dropping out tonight and endorsing Biden. The moderates are consolidating; Warren needs to get out NOW and endorse Sanders.

Lol. They're just shooting themselves in the foot further and further. Y'all can look forward to another four years of MAGA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom