• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. That wasn't what confused me. The one sided thing means there's not enough information for me to make a smart decision.
Well, at least you don't have ads that make you utterly confused. There's an infamous publicist here that thought it was a good idea to promote a candidate by saying he was "the least bad". And I Nicaragua he made a campaign that asked people to vote for the ugliest candidate.

I wonder what happened to that guy?

But there's more to vote for than who's the president.

Look at all the other politicians on the ballot and as an Illinois citizen, there's something about a tax hike vs fair tax.

I know. That wasn't what confused me. The one sided thing means there's not enough information for me to make a smart decision.
Really? You can't look at their policies, behavior, and past actions while in office to make a decision?
But there's more to vote for than who's the president.

Look at all the other politicians on the ballot and as an Illinois citizen, there's something about a tax hike vs fair tax.
This thread's specifically about the presidential election, though. Nobody's saying it's all that matters, it's just being focused on here because it's the topic of this thread.

Really? You can't look at their policies, behavior, and past actions while in office to make a decision?

Yes. Some opposing politicians have policies that appeal to me.

And like you said earlier, I need a reputable source and make sure this behavior and past actions actually occurred. The ads alone say both positive and negative things which is conflicting.

Yes. Some opposing politicians have policies that appeal to me.

And like you said earlier, I need a reputable source and make sure this behavior and past actions actually occurred. The ads alone say both positive and negative things which is conflicting.
Some good places to look.

Just two more weeks everyone. We can't afford to sit this one out. If you are registered, make sure you have a plan to vote. If you are voting by mail, send your ballot in immediately. If your state has early voting, make sure to take advantage of it. And if you plan on voting in person, make sure you're prepared for lines and make sure you have a mask. We must end this nightmare and defeat Trump.

I still can't help but be very worried he could still walk away with this, despite how poorly he's done with COVID-19 and pretty much everything that's happened over the last 4 years. I still can't help but feel uneasy also remembering how 2016 had many polls around this time predicting Hillary Clinton winning, only for Trump to surprise everyone.

Last edited:
It's a conspiracy because it was entirely invented by Rudy Giuliani, which is why reasonable newspapers refuse to cover it. Hell, even right-wing newspapers were stepping away from Rudy's nonsense. Even the only newspaper who published it had extreme difficulty getting people to sign their name under it.

So how about you get your facts straight about what Rudy was trying to do before you start accusing others of not reading stuff. Here's a good twitter thread that explains Rudy's crappy conspiracy and how it blew up in his face:

It actually wasn't. If it was a conspiracy entirely from Guiliani than NYPost wouldn't have published it. Facebook and Twitter Cross a Line Far More Dangerous Than What They Censor

It actually wasn't. If it was a conspiracy entirely from Guiliani than NYPost wouldn't have published it.

So you're completely ignoring the fact that NYPost had difficulties getting reporters to sign their name under it, due to how everyone saw how dubious and false it was?

You're completely ignoring the facts in the linked twitter thread that describes in detail the dirty conspiring done by Rudy and how the arrest of his partners-in-crime, Fruman and Parnas, derailed his plans?

Hey, I hope you're planning to watch the newest Borat movie:
The reputation of Rudy Giuliani could be set for a further blow with the release of highly embarrassing footage in Sacha Baron Cohen’s follow-up to Borat.

In the film, released on Friday, the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter, who is posing as a TV journalist.

Following an obsequious interview for a fake conservative news programme, the pair retreat at her suggestion for a drink to the bedroom of a hotel suite, which is rigged with concealed cameras.

After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”
I'd also post a pic from the movie, but I'm not sure it's allowed on these forums.

Last edited:

Never underestimate the Georgia GOP's ability to suppress voters.

Friends don’t let friends read The Intercept, especially if it’s written by Greenwald.
Greenwald's an ass, but he's done some solid reporting in the past and I think it's a mistake to dismiss him out of hand. While his bellyaching here is aggravating, there are obvious implications to allowing social media websites to do this sort of thing. Don't think it can't just as easily be deployed against the left.

It actually wasn't. If it was a conspiracy entirely from Guiliani than NYPost wouldn't have published it.
lol the New York Post is a rag with about as much journalistic integrity as the Daily Mail.

1. Never underestimate the Georgia GOP's ability to suppress voters.

2. Greenwald's an ass, but he's done some solid reporting in the past and I think it's a mistake to dismiss him out of hand. While his bellyaching here is aggravating, there are obvious implications to allowing social media websites to do this sort of thing. Don't think it can't just as easily be deployed against the left.
1. I know. I don't really expect Georgia to go blue this time, but it's a really bad sign for Trump if the state's competitive at all.

2. Emphasis on "in the past." He got a major scoop with Snowden almost a decade ago, but he's been mostly coasting since. He's also been wrong about pretty much everything over the last 3 years, at least when it comes to American politics.

Thanks to our "beloved" President, we don't have to hear "Vote Early, Vote Often"

11 more days until the election. Early voting for my state starts up tomorrow, and I'm voting Biden Harris. I'm still just dreading the election though, knowing its still likely Trump could still win, and knowing we could still have a lower voter turnout thanks to COVID-19.

11 more days until the election. Early voting for my state starts up tomorrow, and I'm voting Biden Harris. I'm still just dreading the election though, knowing its still likely Trump could still win, and knowing we could still have a lower voter turnout thanks to COVID-19.
50+ million people have already voted, surpassing the early vote total from 2016.

Many Republicans could get voted out, if everyone that is voicing displeasure with them votes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom