• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this talk about high turnout is nice, but do we know if Democrats are outnumbering Republicans in early voting and mail in ballots? Especially in certain swing states Biden absolutely needs to win at all costs.
Ask and ye shall receive.

View: https://twitter.com/tbonier/status/1319971956607901696

I just hope the voters who didn't vote in 2016, the newly registered voters, and Republicans Trump has turned away is enough to finally defeat Trump once and for all. I hate to sound very pessimistic, but I just worry about waking up to see Trump winning and going online to see all of his supporters running their mouthes with their typical "Cry some more, liberals!" sore winner behavior. I know there's a good chance we're gonna get a Biden victory, but I still can't help but be worried after 2016.

Last edited:
I just hope the voters who didn't vote in 2016, the newly registered voters, and Republicans Trump has turned away is enough to finally defeat Trump once and for all. I hate to sound very pessimistic, but I just worry about waking up to see Trump winning and going online to see all of his supporters running their mouthes with their typical "Cry some more, liberals!" sore winner behavior.
Trump has all but given away the game plan: hope they're still ahead by the end of election night, then sue to stop the vote count. The rest of the GOP also seems to believe they have no chance in a fair election, because they're doing everything they can to accommodate his plan.

I still don't know if Texas will turn blue this time, but I do believe we could see a point where Texas could turn blue in the next few election cycles. It would be great if it was this election, considering Trump would be screwed if he lost Texas. If he won every state he did last time, but lost Texas, it would put Biden at 270 if he held onto every state Hillary did.

Texas could go blue-ish even if Biden doesn’t win it. If he can keep it close there, the Democrats have a real shot to flip the state legislature, which would be huge for redistricting purposes.

View: https://twitter.com/npfandos/status/1320420444810350594

Lmao, McTurtle is now outright admitting he's gonna lose both the senate and the presidency, so he's pushing his supreme court pick out of sheer desperation. Too bad for him that even this can be reversed, thanks to multiple Dem politicians now openly talking about expanding the court (which in itself is already unprecedented).

I'm gonna enjoy watching McTurtle cry at his crappy legacy being systematically dismantled. Turnabout's fair play.

View: https://twitter.com/npfandos/status/1320420444810350594

Lmao, McTurtle is now outright admitting he's gonna lose both the senate and the presidency, so he's pushing his supreme court pick out of sheer desperation. Too bad for him that even this can be reversed, thanks to multiple Dem politicians now openly talking about expanding the court (which in itself is already unprecedented).

I'm gonna enjoy watching the McTurle cry at his crappy legacy being systematically dismantled.

And best part, the Constitution says nothing about the size of the SC, so they don't need an amendment to do it.

50+ million people have already voted, surpassing the early vote total from 2016.
Seems like the voter turnout already broke 100-year old records.

That made me curious for what the historical proportion of voter turnout for US elections was.
On track for 62%+/65% so far is a boon, compared to our recent history of comparatively low turnout (vs history and vs other nations).

1603665122422.png

Term limits for the Supreme Court sounds like it would be innately more reasonable and fair (and less prone to some undesirable luck-based game theory).

Last edited:
Still, we have to worry about how well the next administration will be at tackling the gamut of social, financial, health, environmental, and again, social issues.

Will conditions get better so we don't give rise to the potential next undiplomatic/strongperson/authoritarian figurehead and/or administration?

I guess we still have to see this election through, for now.

Nearly one week to go....Early voting turnout has been record breaking and it has been a good sign, but I'm still extremely worried. Biden still leads in states such as Pennsylvania, Michigan, Wisconsin, and he has a legitimate chance to win Arizona. Florida and North Carolina are probably the biggest tossups of all of the states Biden needs to win.

I just pray I can go to sleep November 3rd(Or later) knowing that we'll be able to call Joe Biden, President Elect Biden. Praying I can finally breath a sign of relief. I wanna be able to wake up and not see Donald Trump supporters spewing messages such as "Cry some more, liberals!". I wanna be able to know that soon I can wake up without having to read about the president throwing a tantrum, spreading hate, fear, lies, and conspiracies, or trying to take away someone's rights. I just want this nightmare to finally end.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom