• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he loses, he’ll still have three months to run around and break as much shit as he can with little repercussion. I imagine he might even feel emboldened by the ticking clock.
I really hope he is arrested if he loses, hopefully for over 300,000 counts of criminally negligent manslaughter since that's basically what he did this past year.

I know it's still early, but I am anxiously watching the live map as votes from the east states start pouring in. I'm seeing more support for Trump than Biden.

His support in Florida is disappointing, but expected. I would be quite surprised if a candidate couldn't secure the votes of their current home state.

I am currently watching the coverage here in Australia. And I just heard the news on ABC (no relation to ABC in the United States) that Georgia has elected a follower of QAnon to the House.

Interesting story from Iowa in which there was a problem with a ballot scanner due to hand sanitizer on voters' hands.

Based on the live results I'm looking at, he is in the lead by electoral votes, but only because Florida and Texas and a few others haven't been officially handed to Trump yet. There are still some states that haven't reported at all and I know Cali will give Biden a boost, but it's still pretty terrifying just looking at the image right now.

One concern I've had over this year is that Trump will somehow manage to behave even worse in a second term since he wouldn't need to make himself look "re-electable" this time. Of course I wouldn't put it past him to be a similarly foul personality in the transition period following a Biden win, but at least that would only be a few months.

As of this posting, Trump has 118 electoral votes. If he wins Florida and Texas, which is likely, then that'd boost him up to 185. That's still lower than the 209 that Biden now has thanks to Cali.

Or am I just being too hopeful?

One concern I've had over this year is that Trump will somehow manage to behave even worse in a second term since he wouldn't need to make himself look "re-electable" this time.

He can declare Marshall Law over something and declare himself President for Life. Attorney General Barr will support that.

California was a big win for Biden, but he's not out of the woods yet. If Florida and Texas go to Trump then things are suddenly back to a tight race again.

California was a big win for Biden, but he's not out of the woods yet. If Florida and Texas go to Trump then things are suddenly back to a tight race again.
They already have. Its fucking disgusting really.

The in person voting for Wisconsin, Michigan, and Pennsylvania is the red mirage we were warned of, but I pray the mail in ballots change this.

Looks like they have officially given Florida and some other states to Trump on the live results I'm looking at. Texas will probably be going to him too, though honestly it's more surprising that there was a chance of it going blue to begin with.

I'm actually reading some things from political experts/people who know more than me saying that apparently this situation was actually expected where Trump does well election night, but then Biden comes back and wins when the mail-in votes are counted. There are a few states that said they will not be called tonight, I think. I really hope that's true. I know this is an unusual election but it really is hard to look at that map and not freak out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom