• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, coming in here as a moderator to go ahead and remind everyone participating in the discussion to remain civil and respectful to everyone and their opinions.

Even if you disagree with what others are saying, that doesn't give you any freedom to bash them for it. This topic has a variegated range of different facets for talk, each individual with their own point of view, and it's very important we remember to honor that and be aware of how we say something.

Thank you.

I knew this would happen. And he'll react the same way in January when the GOP will have to admit that he's no longer president. Republicans are utterly terrified of how much control Trump has over their voter base. They don't want him to start attacking them before the runoff elections in Georgia, which is why they're so quiet right now. But there's no way they can remain silent until the midterms, and by then Trump will have his own TV station where he'll be smearing everyone who "backstabbed" him.

If Trump causes a massive split in GOP then midterms are definitely in play.

View: https://twitter.com/MeidasTouch/status/1327043123667562497?s=20

Well at least the military won't support him in his stupid crusade.

Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't tried to use the emergency clause that allows a president to stay as such for another two years no matter what, I think that's only in time of war but I do not remember. Knowing him he would claim that a change of leadership in a pandemic would be disastrous and the remaining administration should remain until it is safe for it to do so.

Honestly I'm surprised he hasn't tried to use the emergency clause that allows a president to stay as such for another two years no matter what, I think that's only in time of war but I do not remember. Knowing him he would claim that a change of leadership in a pandemic would be disastrous and the remaining administration should remain until it is safe for it to do so.
Shhhhhhh. We don't wanna give him any ideas.

In addition to Arizona, Georgia has been called for Biden. We did it, we flipped a deep south red state blue!
Looks like John McCain and John Lewis got the last laugh. Also we owe it to the McCain family and Stacey Abrams. This is the first time Arizona flipped blue since 1996 and the first time Georgia flipped blue since 1992.

Even if they hadn't been as forward as we'd hoped previously, I'm glad major social media sites seem to be providing the fact-checking messages and links up front lately.

With Doug Jones losing in Alabama, that makes Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards the only statewide-elected Democrat in the Deep South. Hey, Georgia, I think Mr. Edwards would like some company.

Looks like John McCain and John Lewis got the last laugh. Also we owe it to the McCain family and Stacey Abrams. This is the first time Arizona flipped blue since 1996 and the first time Georgia flipped blue since 1992.
We absolutely do not owe it to the McCain family. Arizona flipping was due to a concerted effort from Latine and Native American activists, and it is indulting to them to credit their work to a dead Republican.

I just think it's funny how much the downplaying of the significance of this election is. In 2016, Trump got elected only by flipping swing states. On the other hand, in this election, Biden not only flipped swing states blue, but he also got two long-time Republican stronghold states - Georgia and Arizona.

That doesn't happen in a 'close' election. I'd like to have seen what would have happened if there was no voter suppression, no mail-in ballots not being received in time due to Trump's grasp at power by hurting the USPS, no mail-in ballot boxes removed, no polling places closed, no gerrymandering, no unfair ID laws, etc., etc. I wonder how "close" it would have been had the Republicans not been allowed all of these power grabs.

One thing I’ve taken away from this election is just how great of a candidate Barack Obama was. It takes a special kind of talent to win the states he did by the margins he did in both campaigns. It’s going to be a long time before we see that again.

I love those little links that Twitter adds to Trump's tweets. It's almost as if they are also tired of him.
Oh they are, Im sure of it. Im sure they get an inbox full of complaints about him daily. Why would anyone want to deal with him? He's just a massive headache for everyone involved except those people that actually like him for whatever reason.

Oh they are, Im sure of it. Im sure they get an inbox full of complaints about him daily. Why would anyone want to deal with him? He's just a massive headache for everyone involved except those people that actually like him for whatever reason.
I'm pretty sure they're gonna end up banning him once Joe Biden takes office.

There's an account out there in web dedicated to reposting Donald Trump's tweets and seeing if they get removed by Twitter, in under like two hours the account was banned. I forget the user's name who made the seperate account to test this, but the fact their doing this is mostly because of the Election being real big this year or they literally don't care if he's still the president.

One thing I’ve taken away from this election is just how great of a candidate Barack Obama was. It takes a special kind of talent to win the states he did by the margins he did in both campaigns. It’s going to be a long time before we see that again.
Huh, it's almost like running a bold, progressive, forward-thinking campaign pays dividends!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom