• Bubapedia Error 503 Backend fetch failed

Our technical staff are continuing to monitor the wiki to try and resolve these ongoing issues that are impacting page and image loading. We apologize for the inconvenience. We'll update as soon as we've got more information on this for you.

• Check out our new Mysterious Garden forum style if you haven't already - we're sure you'll love it!
  • If you are finding yourself unable to log in, you should be able to fix the issue by following the following process.
    1. Close all browser tabs with any part of Bulbagarden open.
    2. Delete all Bulbagarden.net cookies (and if possible, any cached site data for Bulbagarden) from your browser.
    3. Close and reopen your browser, open a new tab, and log into the forums on the new tab.
    If you've followed this process and are still having issues, please contact us via the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the forum.

American Politics Thread

Rantaro

Just your average dumpster fire.
Reaction score
Well, no—impeachment alone does not prevent a President from running for a second term. Trump was already impeached by the House. But if removal from office prevents him from running again, then that is a very good reason to impeach and then move forward with his removal even with only 2 weeks left.

That being said...I doubt there is enough time for this to be done.
Removal of office prevents them as far as I know, but if they leave office in the mean time impeachment can be used to prevent them from running again if they are eligible to run again. Regardless, there will likely be criminal charges placed on him as soon as he's out.

I know there was some talks of enacting the 25th Amendment as well, which would also prevent him from running again.

omahanime

追放されたバカ
Reaction score
I question whether Trump's health is such that he can run in 4 years.

Rantaro

Reaction score
Honestly, anything it takes to prevent him from running for a 2nd term. This is all on him and the ways he's incited this violence should be grounds enough for barring him from running in 2024.
With the combination of the tapes on Monday, and the fact that he literally told a group of people to charge the Capitol today and they did with the intent of taking out Mike Pence, I'll be very surprised if he isn't slapped with something.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Its only inevitable that he's going to be banned permanently. Also, apparently Trump's cabinet is talking about invoking the 25th amendment.

Rantaro

Reaction score
Josh Hawley is still objecting PA...when they're certifying the AZ vote. Seriously dude?

Shiny Celebi

Phantom Thief
Reaction score
Pronouns
Any. Not picky
I hope they might actually invoke the 25th Amendment and have him removed. He clearly is in no way fit to serve anymore. I would hope theres a way to keep him from running in 2024, we surely do not need a repeat of the last 4 yrs, plus it would serve as an example to anyone else like him that this is not acceptable for a President which is important itself.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
I hope they might actually invoke the 25th Amendment and have him removed. He clearly is in no way fit to serve anymore. I would hope theres a way to keep him from running in 2024, we surely do not need a repeat of the last 4 yrs, plus it would serve as an example to anyone else like him that this is not acceptable for a President which is important itself.
We know we're gonna be rid of the Trump presidency in 2 weeks, but I think at this point its just about doing anything to set an example for future presidents, and about stopping him from running in 2024. I do hope they actually do invoke the 25th amendment.

A Wild Luxray

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Matt Gaetz is out here making up bullshit conspiracies' that antifa (Which is not an organization, its the ideology that you're anti facist.) posed as Trump supporters and raided Capitol Hill. He is one of the most hateable people up there and he needs to faces consequences, like being removed from congress. He is a horrible person. Might I remind you, he's the one who wore a gas mask to mock everyone wearing a mask to protect themselves from COVID-19, and pulled that stunt when he stormed the SCIF during the impeachment hearings.

Last edited:

Rantaro

Reaction score
The people supporting the opposition are just embarrassing. They’re just as bad as the terrorists from yesterday in my opinion. They enabled it.

EDIT: Also just wanna echo the Matt Gaetz distaste. He’s a genuinely horrible person.