• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I'm saying is that it's absurd to view the current events in the US as if they were happening in some isolated bubble.

Then you didn't pay attention to my post in the first place, because I didn't say anything like that. I said I don't have enough of a stake to take the unfolding news seriously. Which I don't - both in the legal sense that I don't have a vote, and in the figurative sense that it doesn't affect me enough to justify the mental energy.

Y’all Qaeda (as @Volphied likes to call them) are plotting another coup during the inauguration based on what they’re currently posting on Parler. This will be interesting to say the least.

I wasn't the one who coined that name. First time I heard it was during the occupation of the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, back in 2016.

Then you didn't pay attention to my post in the first place, because I didn't say anything like that. I said I don't have enough of a stake to take the unfolding news seriously. Which I don't - both in the legal sense that I don't have a vote, and in the figurative sense that it doesn't affect me enough to justify the mental energy.

Sure, but don't you think it does affect everyone a little when Pelosi mentions that there are concerns about Trump having continued access to nuclear launch codes?

Last edited:
Twitter banned Trump permanently.
Honestly I'm kind of pissed at Twitter for how they handled this. Years of him violating the rules for harassing people and targeting specific groups, and even violence that resulted from his words, like Kyle Rittenhouse, the El Paso shooter, and the guy that mailed pipe bombs, but now they're finally willing to do something about it- and in addition to banning him, they also delete every single tweet, so now if you want to reference a tweet, you have to dig through web.archive or something similar, even though we know twitter has the option of making it where you can't interact with a tweet but it's still viewable.

Like, yeah, deplatform him, absolutely, but people are drawing up articles of impeachment and it'd be nice to see further charges, so maybe make it a little easier to cite quotes of him inciting violence?

I dunno, maybe the goal was also deleting retweets to stop the spread there and also stopping people from sharing screencaps, but still, it'd be nice to just have it locked up, rather than completely wiping it away. It feels more like removing evidence than preventing anything.

Oh, but I also just learned that they've banned his campaign account, and some high name crazies like Ben Garrison and Milo whatever, so that's swell to see!
and fucking Shopify :ROFLMAO:
I literally didn't even know that was a site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom