• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Which article? I wasn’t dismissing anything purely on title but the notion that race is the only reason for hardship and inequality is rubbish. There are active measures to give certain races and women a leg up in college or job applications. So I suspect there are other factors at play.
It's not the "only", it's just the most significant. That's an important difference.
Again your using her race as a shield if she had been a white English man I’m sure Trump would have said something about crumpets and go back home.

You're now talking about hypothethicals that are unlikely to happen, as Trump has a long history of racially charged attacks on anyone who's not white.

I never said that.

I said that non-white people suffer much more hardship.

11-21-06pov-f1.jpg

So everyone gets screwed? You see the problem there on that graph “non-citizen” they made them problem for themselves by crossing illegally. They should respect the law and apply legally if the USA needs them they’ll get in.

I’d suspect also that poor black, latino and white communities are the ones hardest hit by illegal immigration. Perhaps that plays a role in their hardship.

Would you please tone down the personal attacks? This is the second person you're declaring to be "done with" in this thread, just because they don't share your prejudices and fears about immigrants.

What was a personal attack? I merely said they are being ignorant of the fact a look at the news would tell you this. I’m mot going to waste my time with people who need to bring up a white terrorist to deflect from immigrant crime.

Again nothing I said was an ad-hom.

Yes I understand that but what my point is it only works like this in European countries (America and Australia included). That’s the whole point I’m trying to make. Also at least for the naturalised citizens that can be stripped legally.
There’s the problem, though. Your point is based on rules that don’t apply here. Also, American citizenship is permanent once granted, and naturalization can only be revoked under very specific and limited circumstances, none of which apply to Omar.

You sound like a Marxist.

In a free country, nobody is stopping you from working harder than the next guy, and succeeding, as a result. Everything else is victim mentality.

Look at all those rich white African-Americans sport stars and movie stars. I wonder if Jay Z knows he is white now.

There’s the problem, though. Your point is based on rules that don’t apply here. Also, American citizenship is permanent once granted, and naturalization can only be revoked under very specific and limited circumstances, none of which apply to Omar.

Again my point is your rules were changed and that was an incredible benefit to immigrants coming into the country. Yet all I am seeing is America is racist if so why they change the rules and why is it only the white racist countries that give such generous status to immigrants?

You sound like a Marxist.

Ah, yes, the Marxist rag known as Forbes,

Weiss said:
I’d suspect also that poor black, latino and white communities are the ones hardest hit by illegal immigration. Perhaps that plays a role in their hardship.

Once again, you suspect wrong. Only your prejudices are making you believe that.

Weiss said:
I’m mot going to waste my time with people who need to bring up a white terrorist to deflect from immigrant crime.

But when we mentioned the rate of right-wing attacks, you deflected by bringing up an anarchist attack at an immigration centre. Isn't that hypocritical?

Weiss said:
Look at all those rich white African-Americans sport stars and movie stars. I wonder if Jay Z knows he is white now.

I'm sorry but it's just ridicullous right now what you're saying. The existence of non-white celebrities doesn't change the fact that poverty is endemic among non-white Americans.

I never said it did it’s bot classified but I know they needed to stop taking not of the race of the offenders why do you think that is? If your going to just dismiss everything with flippant claims like this I am done with you I’m sorry you are living in ignorance.

Maybe next time your in Sweden head to Malmö ask around who fire bombed the police station and who is behind the grenade attacks etc or why Jews are fleeing to Israel? Not very Swedish behaviour...
What was a personal attack? I merely said they are being ignorant of the fact a look at the news would tell you this. I’m mot going to waste my time with people who need to bring up a white terrorist to deflect from immigrant crime.

Again nothing I said was an ad-hom.
I’m simply pointing out that the news as well as statistics don’t show that immigrants commit a majority of the crimes, and that despite all the fear of immigrants being terrorist the only case of terror in Norway was caused by a white Norwegian, not an immigrant. There’s already an unjustified fear towards people just because they aren’t from here when someone from here are just as likely to hurt you. In the end you can’t judge someone based on their ethnicity.

I didn't say the majority if crime I said they were responsible for a huge jump in sexual assault and rape. Leading to them stopping noting the ethnicity of the criminals in 2015/16

I sure hope that Dr. Ben Carson, or even better, Candace Owens, could one day become POTUS.

I just can't wait to see the mainstream media label them as WHITE Supremacists. It's gonna be really entertaining to watch. ;)

Last edited:
I didn't say the majority if crime I said they were responsible for a huge jump in sexual assault and rape. Leading to them stopping noting the ethnicity of the criminals in 2015/16

And we said that your claim about immigrants causing a high jump in rape is completely incorrect.

So before you call others "ignorant" do first check your own beliefs whether they are factual or not.

Maybe next time your in Sweden head to Malmö ask around who fire bombed the police station and who is behind the grenade attacks etc or why Jews are fleeing to Israel?
I went to Malmo recently and the only thing was a small anti-Israel protest.

I sure hope that Dr. Ben Carson, or even better, Candace Owens, could one day before POTUS.

I just can't wait to see the mainstream media label them WHITE SUPREMACISTS. It's gonna be really amusing.

From what I’ve seen I’m not sure how genuine the Owens lady is one of my friends is really far left and he hates her. Say’s shes an opportunist and she used to be an “SJW” but I can’t say for myself I don’t watch politics on YouTube.

I did see online I think the UK Independent had an OP ED calling her an internalised White Suprematist when Kayne West mentioned her.

You guys really live in your own bubble.

Rapes in Sweden haven't increased because of immigration.

The report also found that the rise in reported rapes between 2011 and 2017 was linked to incidents that did not involve the use of violence, committed by perpetrators known to the victim – which also make up the majority of sexual crimes. There was no rise in outdoor attacks by strangers in the same time period.

While this reveals very little about the identity or ethnicity of the attackers, it contradicts the theory floated by hard-right media that there are immigrant men wantonly attacking Swedish women.

The report could also not find a link between those municipalities in Sweden that took in the highest number of asylum seekers and those where the highest number of sexual offences was reported.

For Jerzy Sarnecki, a criminology professor at Stockholm University who audited the report, the Brå study was enough to put to rest the idea that the increase in rape cases is directly tied to the influx of refugees.

"We are not facing an occupation by Muslim men who rape our women," Sarnecki told Dagens Nyheter. "The report shows that the immigration influx has not affected the number of sexual offences."

Sarnecki instead concludes that changing attitudes toward what constitutes sexual assault are a driving factor behind the increase in reported incidents.

"It's clear that there is less tolerance for certain types of sexual offenses that may have not previously been reported," he said.

But what point are you trying to get accross with this info? It’s only in Sweden, not Scandinavia, and Sweden isn’t even known to be good with immigrants. They take more immigrants but they’re kind of stuck outsite their society compared to other countries. Not stating the ethnicity of crime doers anymore was done for several reasons, one of them being that second gen immigrants are doing much much less.

I sure hope that Dr. Ben Carson, or even better, Candace Owens, could one day become POTUS.

I just can't wait to see the mainstream media label them as WHITE Supremacists. It's gonna be really entertaining to watch. ;)
They're not stupid. Xenophobes is the term for that very small group.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom