• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't have much faith in Florida at this point. =( I don't know about the other two, but it looks like this will be a frustrating wait.
Biden’s leading in AZ right now, and they’re neck and neck in NC. Like I said earlier, states rarely move independently, so if Biden wins one of those 3 states, there’s a good chance he takes at least one more.

Biden’s leading in AZ right now, and they’re neck and neck in NC. Like I said earlier, states rarely move independently, so if Biden wins one of those 3 states, there’s a good chance he takes at least one more.
With Arizona, I recently looked up polls for 2016 vs. 2020. Around the end of September, Trump was leading by 2.5 points. Hillary was generally falling behind, though she gained a slight lead in mid October after the debates, though Trump retook the lead days before the election, which is when the FBI announced they were reopening the case on Hillary Clinton's private email server. He won the state with about 91K votes. Here in 2020, Joe Biden has consistently lead in the polls and with 1 month to go, he doesn't have any major scandals that have shaken things up for him, while Trump has numerous scandals, especially when it comes to his weak response to COVID-19. The Republicans tried to pull something with Hunter Biden, but its clear it isn't working. I do worry that the Republicans are gonna try to push some kind of made up story this month though, knowing their attack on Hunter Biden has failed. Its clear according to the polls and large numbers of Republicans endorsing Joe Biden that Trump is losing, and the first debate has not helped him at all.

Last edited:
I feel sorry for Biden having to debate that overgrown toddler. It sounds like it was a big shitshow where Trump just irritated everyone trying to be the loudest in the room, but thats to be expected. He's just desperate. I would expect Biden to get frustrated and lose control, honestly who wouldnt. Debating Trump has to be like the most irritating thing in the world. Who wouldnt want to tell him to shut up after being constantly interrupted when you're trying to get some words in.

It goes without saying but him refusing to denounce White Supremacy is just disgusting but not surprising.

Watching those 2 buffoons on the debate stage was like watching those 2 muppets ( Statler and Waldorf) that usually sit on the balcony that always argue & heckle the other muppets., but unfortunately for us they weren't as entertaining as Stadler and Waldorf though

President Trump says he has done more for the country than any other president.

I think even President William Henry Harrison has done more.

So did James Buchanan but that isn't saying much though

Watching those 2 buffoons on the debate stage was like watching those 2 muppets ( Statler and Waldorf) that usually sit on the balcony that always argue & heckle the other muppets., but unfortunately for us they weren't as entertaining as Stadler and Waldorf

Were we watching the same debate? Trump was the only one who was having a public meltdown. I can't blame Biden for getting angry at his relentless interrupting.

The next debate might be a bit different, in order to prevent Trump from wrecking it again with his tantrum:

View: https://twitter.com/NorahODonnell/status/1311389477173178369

Yeah, I really don't like the "both sides"ing of this debate. It's clear that Biden was there for a debate, and Trump was there just to make a scene and talk over everyone. It frustrates me that conservatives/undecided voters latch onto Biden calling Trump a "clown", as if that is anywhere as near as bad as all of the insults and indecency that Trump has shown in this debate and all throughout his political "career".

And honestly, if I was on the debate stage, and a man who had employed/benefited from all kinds of scummy, shady methods to stack the Supreme Court was accusing me of intending to stack the Supreme Court, I would probably say "Shut up", too.

It frustrates me that the narrative focuses on two blabbering men and not what was really going on. This false narrative benefits Trump.

Yeah, I'm not a fan of Biden by any stretch of the imagination, but he actually did fine in that debate. Even when it was him doing the interrupting, he wasn't nearly as bombastic or incessant about it; he'd usually stop when Wallace told him to.

I was foolish enough to set a 2am GMT alarm to watch, and I've never seen a form of political television so boring and awful. It was like watching Dr Who as a child, armed with a cushion to deflect all the scary moments, except this time defending against the pure cringe.

Thing is, I actually thought Trump got off to a good start - his line on serving out a full presidency was a good one and a position I'd be very sympathetic to in other circumstances. However, it quickly became apparent that it was about the only decent line he'd remembered from his prep. I hate to say it and it may reflect poorly on me, but Biden's age and stutter-management techniques really did have a deleterious impact on his delivery; not that it matters though, because he still came across as Orson Bloody Welles next to the sheer offensiveness of the ogre stood across the room from him.

First post-debate poll has Biden up 54-41. That’s good, but we’ll obviously need more polls before we know whether it’s an outlier.

Something else I noticed: at Trump’s Minnesota rally last night he went off about Biden wanting to cancel the remaining debates (this is a lie, of course). Today, he’s complaining about proposed rule changes. Since much of what Trump says is projection, I wonder if he’s planning to back out of the debates and pin it on Biden.

Last edited:
Something else I noticed: at Trump’s Minnesota rally last night he went off about Biden wanting to cancel the remaining debates (this is a lie, of course). Today, he’s complaining about proposed rule changes. Since much of what Trump says is projection, I wonder if he’s planning to back out of the debates and pin it on Biden.

I'd be shocked if he'd back out of the next debate. Trump is a colossal narcissist. He can't say no to a chance to appear on TV. And he sure as hell doesn't want to give Biden the whole podium and spotlight.

I'd be shocked if he'd back out of the next debate. Trump is a colossal narcissist. He can't say no to a chance to appear on TV. And he sure as hell doesn't want to give Biden the whole podium and spotlight.

There is talk of muting microphones, if you interrupt.

Not to mention it would just make him look worse to back out of the debates since most people know it would be because of the rule changes he doesnt like.

Not to mention it would just make him look worse to back out of the debates since most people know it would be because of the rule changes he doesnt like.

Welp, in the end he did find a reason to skip the next debate.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing him follow his own medical advice.

fark_ySZ_OTyEu1V1HHz0swlwEd5-HRc.jpg

Welp, in the end he did find a reason to skip the next debate.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing him follow his own medical advice.

View attachment 136739
Yeah, next debate for him is in less than 2 weeks. For some it could last as long as 2 weeks and others, much longer. If he develops any serious symptoms and ends up on a ventilator, there's not gonna be another debate. Even if he does recover, I doubt Biden will want to be around him after he tested positive.

Also, I just wanna point out, as horrible as he is, celebrating this might not be a good idea because karma could easily come back for us, bite us in the ass, and force us to be stuck with him for 4 more years if he recovers, or even get stuck with 4 years of Pence.

Last edited:
Also, I just wanna point out, as horrible as he is, celebrating this might not be a good idea because karma could easily come back for us, bite us in the ass, and force us to be stuck with him for 4 more years if he recovers, or even get stuck with 4 years of Pence.

Nah, I don't think he'll get any "sympathy votes" from this. He might have had he taken this pandemic seriously since the start, but now his fanbase/cult will only see him as the loser who got the hoax China flu. Nobody who hated Trump will vote for him out of sympathy, and his most over-zealous fanatical worshipers will hate him for admitting covid is real.

I do, however want Trump to survive just so that he can see himself lose the election to Biden.

EDIT: Here's the October surprise:

View: https://twitter.com/MSignorile/status/1311902557925715969

Last edited:
I personally think that after the news came out about Trump, we should be looking at the Twenty-Fifth Amendment to the US Constitution, in which Mike Pence (a Republican) will become President and Nancy Pelosi (a Democrat) will be Vice-President if Trump is unable to conduct his duties as POTUS. But it may not look like this arrangement will be long as there is an election coming up and if push comes to shove, Pence would choose a different person during the election. I am being hypothetical here, and Trump may recover in time to contest the election in around a month's time (emphasis on may).

I just want to make a comment, and that is it's not looking good for Trump. Here are some points I wish to bring up that could complicate things for Trump in regards to coronavirus (which I mentioned in a different forum):
1) He is overweight for his height (110 kilograms or 243 pounds for you Americans out there)
2) He has high cholesterol
3) He is 74 years old and 8 out of every 10 deaths in the United States of America that has been attributed to coronavirus has been over 65 at time of death.

There has also been mention that in the recent Presidential debate, Joe Biden was not too far from Donald Trump, and there could be a possibility that Biden (who is older than Trump) could have got coronavirus during the debate, so I think Biden should get tested as a precaution for the same reason highlighted in point 3 above.

It's kind of ironic that Donald Trump once called coronavirus a hoax and now he has it, it reminds me of an article on The Straits Times that I put up in my blog (which will be updated later on tonight) of a young Texan who thought coronavirus was a hoax and died from it in the end.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom