• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
How the .... can you still be undecided? Have they been in comas?
2000.jpg

I am wanting someone to take a Trump clip and change the signs in the background to "Imbeciles for Trump":ROFLMAO:

"Through a new Executive Order, President Trump is establishing the President’s Advisory 1776 Commission, which will work to improve understanding of the history and the principles of the founding of the United States among our Nation’s rising generations."

"The President is also taking steps to enhance compliance with laws that require America’s educational institutions that receive Federal funds to observe and celebrate Constitution Day."
"Unfortunately, some versions of American history offer a misconstrued and one-sided account of our founding in an effort to paint America as a systemically racist country." President Donald J. Trump Is Protecting America’s Founding Ideals by Promoting Patriotic Education | The White House

Just barely slipping in that indoctrination executive order! Cool!

Tomorrow is the day. We've sat through four years almost of Donald Trump. We've listened to his lies and petty name calling. We watched with disgust as he called Nazis "very fine people." We've watched him welcome white supremacists like the Proud Boys with open arms. We watched him dismantle all efforts to fight global warming. We watched him take away rights of the LGBT community. We've watched him ban people from entering the country just because of their religion. We watched him side with Vladimir Putin over his own intelligence agencies. We've watched him obstruct justice at every turn. We've watched him get impeached for holding a quid pro quo against a foreign nation, all for getting dirt on a political opponent. We've watched his administration cruely separate children from their parents at the border and lock them away in cages. We've watched him hold the nation hostage in a government shutdown for a month over funds for that ridiculous border wall. We've watched him desperately attempt to discredit any critics with his lies. We've watched him turn our troops on our own American citizens peacefully protesting. We've watched him turn his back on the fight for racial justice by pushing this law and order narrative. We've watched him spread ridiculous QAnon conspiracies. We've watched him rush a conservative justice to fill the seat of the late RBG just a few days before the election. We've watched him grossly mishandle a global pandemic that cost the US 250K lives SO FAR. We've watched him fight his disease experts and spread misinformation on a daily basis.

Well now we're done watching. He. Needs. To. Go. Grab your mask and get out there tomorrow. Don't get complacent. We can't give him and his supporters the satisfaction of four more years they don't deserve. We must fight to save the soul of this nation. This is the fight of our lives, so get out there and vote him out! 2020 has been an absolute disaster of a year. If there was ever a time for one good thing to happen, its now, and that one good thing is a Joe Biden victory. So let's give everything we got to make Joe Biden the 46th President of the United States, and Kamala Harris the first female Vice President. Let's save our democracy! Whatever it takes!

Last edited:
Doug Jones is one of the best senators Alabama has ever had. This is not a difficult choice.

Chances are we're only gonna know if a Biden win is likely tonight if he can pick up Florida, Georgia, North Carolina, or Arizona. Hoping Pennsylvania pulls through for us though.

Hoping NC and FL are called early for Biden; then he would just need to hold on to the 2016 Clinton states. We should get a good idea of that in 7 hours when the panhandle results come in.

Me and my family voted early a few days ago in Florida, so that's a few more blue votes for Florida, at least... I've seen a lot of mixed reports on who may end up winning Florida, but at least there's a chance unlike last time when I was voting in a state that was 100% going to Trump. The area I live in is pretty pro-Trump though.

I know things apparently seem better for Biden than they did for Hillary in 2016, but I can't help but be scared. Maybe because I really didn't see Trump becoming our President in the first place, or maybe because the last four years have been so exhausting, depressing and scary that I seriously cannot imagine another four years of this... especially not for many of my friends who have fared worse than I have under this administration. Not to mention the aftermath is going to be scary no matter who wins. This is just going to be a stressful week. Like, I'm cautiously optimistic, but also kinda terrified.

Also trying to stay away from social media because people are scary there, but that's always easier said than done. I've already seen a guy attack someone who went to my school for bringing up that nobody had masks at his voting place, calling him a sheep and citing a million bible verses. Ironically, the guy he was attacking was a Republican and former Trump supporter.

My personal nightmare scenario is that Biden wins, but then catches Covid and dies two months before being sworn in, prompting the Republicans to make up some insane Garland 2.0 bullshit about how the election needs to be rehosted because "the American people voted for Biden, not Kamala," and then this sham proposal ultimately gets approved by a 5-4 vote in the Supreme Court.

Edit: I feel like just by posting this I have unleashed an infohazard

Last edited:
My personal nightmare scenario is that Biden wins, but then catches Covid and dies two months before being sworn in, prompting the Republicans to make up some insane Garland 2.0 bullshit about how the election needs to be rehosted because "the American people voted for Biden, not Kamala," and then this sham proposal ultimately gets approved by a 5-4 vote in the Supreme Court.

Edit: I feel like just by posting this I have unleashed an infohazard
Yikes...my anxiety is bad enough considering the most likely bad scenario of Trump winning much less...coups and upheavals.
If Biden wins and passes away, I am confident in VP Harris’ ability to govern.
On the other hand...if Trump wins and passes away, the thought of Pence and his support of conversion therapy etc. frightens me.

Don't like this at all

View: https://twitter.com/umichvoter99/status/1323745241107734530?s=19

GOP gains are slowing down though and there are counties missing from the count. Miami Dade is a big one that has surpassed 1 million apparently, and a big Democrat stronghold. This doesn't include though if any Republican have voted for Biden though, or how many independent voters have voted Biden.

I'll yank out and eat all my eyelashes if Trump accepts a loss and allows the peaceful transfer of power. If there's one thing that definitely connects this man to 20th century dictators, it's his singleminded pursuit to retain his position at the expense of political opponents, the law, and even common sense. There's no way he won't have to be dragged kicking and screaming out of the Oval Office.

Whichever side wins, I expect the immediate aftermath to be a chaotic shitshow.

Whichever side wins, I expect the immediate aftermath to be a chaotic shitshow.

If he loses, he’ll still have three months to run around and break as much shit as he can with little repercussion. I imagine he might even feel emboldened by the ticking clock.

Still better than the alternative, but this is firmly Going To Suck regardless of the outcome. Now it’s just a question of harm reduction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom