• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well you don't have to worry, since Trump still holds the Presidential Sharpie that can reroute hurricanes. :cool:

More seriously, it's like I said - he's going to break as much shit as he can on the way out.

(Cursory thought, but, while the GOP's efforts to suppress votes in Florida were obviously disgusting, I wonder how much more Trump would actively refuse to give a shit about this if Florida had gone blue? He is that petty and vindictive.)

Maybe Casa Trump will get hit. Then it will be a National Disaster.

I really hate how hard they are trying to fight this. There's no evidence of mass voter fraud. Trump lost. They've sat here and accused the democrats of trying to overturn the 2016 election and they didn't even fight the results this hard. The sat there blaming James Comey for the email investigation, but they didn't file lawsuit after lawsuit or try to stop a state they lost in from certifying their results.

Last edited:
I really hate how hard they are trying to fight this. There's no evidence of mass voter fraud. Trump lost. They've sat here and accused the democrats of trying to overturn the 2016 election and they didn't even fight the results this hard.
And the only real fight they put up turned out to be a Jill Stein con job. The "stolen 2020 election" narrative is basically birtherism all over again. We're very lucky this wasn't like 2000, where it came down to just a few hundred votes in one state.

And the only real fight they put up turned out to be a Jill Stein con job. The "stolen 2020 election" narrative is basically birtherism all over again. We're very lucky this wasn't like 2000, where it came down to just a few hundred votes in one state.
If Democrats were stealing the election, why did let Mitch and Lindsey win?

My post-victory high has already worn off and now I'm just increasingly concerned about the right's push behind the illegitimacy narrative. It doesn't matter how many independent or non-partisan groups affirm the election's integrity, the election being "stolen" is going to become enshrined in GOP mythology, and the Republicans in the Senate seem perfectly content to let that happen regardless of whether they end up having to cut their losses with Trump. A lie like that becoming normalized on such a massive scale is incredibly dangerous - how can a democracy function when half the population is brainwashed into thinking that the process is rigged, and refuses to listen to reason?

If Democrats were stealing the election, why did let Mitch and Lindsey win?

Well the right would probably frame this as those Senators managing to valiantly pull through even though the Democrats stacked the odds against them.

I've noticed the Downfall parodies have made a comeback over the last week. Some of them are pretty well-done.

Well the right would probably frame this as those Senators managing to valiantly pull through even though the Democrats stacked the odds against them.
Trump and Gingrich actually have another talking point lined up for that: Those elections just weren't as important.

View: https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1325442345396039680

I wonder if that'll catch on, though. On the one hand, it already meshes with a view a lot of people have about politics, so it's hardly the worst thing they've taken from Trump. (Ted "Please vote for Donald he called my wife ugly" Cruz only wishes he would be so kind) But that'd also lead to a view of "Well, it doesn't really matter if you win, does it? The left didn't care, so you can't be that important," which might make it harder to get people to care about their campaigns.

Pompeo has basically admitted there is a coup right now.

I'm not even surprised at this point.

Utter lunacy. They're willing to throw the US into a second civil war just to protect the orange baby's ego.
I think they don't actually care so much about Trump himself but are doing this so the GOP as a whole remains in power.

This administration needs to be torn away from the White House immediately. No waiting until January. They aren't gonna go willingly, so they need to be removed by force and locked up. Its sickening that they've been fighting so hard to undermine our democracy all to protect Trump's fragile ego.

This administration needs to be torn away from the White House immediately. No waiting until January. They aren't gonna go willingly, so they need to be removed by force and locked up. Its sickening that they've been fighting so hard to undermine our democracy all to protect Trump's fragile ego.

And I'd say that every single Republican in power that is supporting this nonsense also needs to be kicked out.

Also wanna point out, The President Show foretold us of this. In the scene from the last episode, Trump went mad with power in 2018 after the Democrats took control of the house. In 2020, he ultimately wound up running against himself, though somehow lost to Jill Stein. Just as he is doing today, he refused to concede and he he intends on staying in office. They ultimately evicted him by dragging him and his desk out.

View: https://twitter.com/AndTheBandAides/status/1324830172659548164

I was expecting this behavior from Trump so no surprise there, but as naive of me as it was I thought that Republicans at least had enough sense to know when it's time to quit and stop following the man down the hole he's digging. They're all just making themselves look more and more pathetic at this point. Everyone else keeps telling them they have no evidence and that the race is over. It's almost kinda sad. And a bit scary wondering just how far they're willing to go to stay in power.

I just can't wait for this to be over. Like... just let the rest of the country move on already so we can start healing. Learn from this and reform into a party with a candidate that isn't so horrible that people are dancing in the streets at the thought of you being gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom