• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It can happen too if a court finds him guilty of sedition and other acts, and it's unlikely that any future President would give him a pardon unless they drank the Trump Kool-Aid.
The issue is that Trump wouldn’t waive his right to a jury, meaning there would need to be an unbiased jury to find him guilty. That’s not going to happen.

Well that was worthless. A 110 second briefing to say “Violence is bad and we don’t condone it” before fucking off.

I think that as a result of this incident Trump will probably not win in the 2024 Republican primaries because even Republicans are pissed off at him for doing this.

His cult will still help him and give him a fighting chance, which is why we cannot allow him to run again. If 25A isn’t done today, I can see the house voting to impeach as early as tomorrow. Nancy wants him gone now after yesterday.

edit: typo

His cult will still help him and give him a fighting chance, which is why we cannot allow him to run again. If 25A isn’t done today, I can see the house voting to impeach as early as tomorrow. Nancy wants him gone now after yesterday.

edit: typo
They have grown smaller thanks to the incident yesterday, with many of his loyal supporters including Mike Pence, his own Vice President, now turning against him.

They have grown smaller thanks to the incident yesterday, with many of his loyal supporters including Mike Pence, his own Vice President, now turning against him.
Government republicans, yes. But his cult still have voting power which is all that matters in an election.

Government republicans, yes. But his cult still have voting power which is all that matters in an election.

Usually I'd be the first to agree, but the Republican party has been riding a tiger on that basis for four years. Yesterday's events appear to have shown them, belatedly, that riding this tiger's coattails (To mix three metaphors) is a deal with the devil.

What happens when the dust settles, therefore, is anyone's guess. Speaking as a Brit, I'd only been following the election news these past few weeks out of amusement, because Trump is irredeemably odious and I don't have anything like enough of a stake in the election to take it seriously. But looking from the outside in, I will say this: don't make too many predictions

Usually I'd be the first to agree, but the Republican party has been riding a tiger on that basis for four years. Yesterday's events appear to have shown them, belatedly, that riding this tiger's coattails (To mix three metaphors) is a deal with the devil.

What happens when the dust settles, therefore, is anyone's guess. Speaking as a Brit, I'd only been following the election news these past few weeks out of amusement, because Trump is irredeemably odious and I don't have anything like enough of a stake in the election to take it seriously. But looking from the outside in, I will say this: don't make too many predictions
You’d think that, but the amount of people who genuinely think that the people involved with the raid yesterday were “true patriots” is genuinely horrifying. It’s better to just not have the risk of him running again at all. I say this as someone who has had the experience of witnessing things first hand inside the US, and as an outsider as well.

Removing him could be a bad idea because it would put Mike Pence in office, who could theoretically pardon Trump.
lol Mike Pence is not going to pardon a man who literally yesterday tried to have him killed

lol Mike Pence is not going to pardon a man who literally yesterday tried to have him killed
AND his family.

Pence doesn't want to use the 25th Amendment, so the House will probably be called back to reconvene ASAP to impeach.

I was genuinely hoping they'd use the 25th amendment. If they impeach Trump again, this means special report after special report at work ugh.
On the plus side, he'll get to "win" again by becoming the first president to be impeached twice, AND the first president to be impeached twice in the same term.

AND his family.

Pence doesn't want to use the 25th Amendment, so the House will probably be called back to reconvene ASAP to impeach.
Pence doesn't publicly want to invoke the 25th - but of course, he can't organize publicly or Trump will fire any secretaries who sign on.

Pence doesn't publicly want to invoke the 25th - but of course, he can't organize publicly or Trump will fire any secretaries who sign on.
This is true. I also had someone mention that it's possible they won't enact the 25th so that "mental instability" can't be used as a defence if he's charged with sedition and other crimes.

I was genuinely hoping they'd use the 25th amendment. If they impeach Trump again, this means special report after special report at work ugh.

Methinks you're going to get a deluge of special reports one way or the other. This is a pretty unprecedented moment of political conflict/upheaval in the US, and I don't think it's going to die down any time soon.

Methinks you're going to get a deluge of special reports one way or the other. This is a pretty unprecedented moment of political conflict/upheaval in the US, and I don't think it's going to die down any time soon.
This is going to be the subject of the news for the next 13 days of the remaining administration, unless any even crazier happens soon. It's honestly a miracle a shootout didn't happen between the Terrorists and the police/National Guard yesterday, though who knows with the remaining non-arrested members of the cult.

I'm just done with this, I'm just done. I lost faith in my own country when this asshole was elected but I gave him a chance and then I lost faith again with his actions, again when he put children in cages and then blamed it on Obama, I lost my faith when it look liked Trump was taking COVID seriously but then went nuts again, again and again. I now have literally so little faith in any of this, though I have faith in Joe Biden, Kamala Harris, and the rest of their competent cabinet yet the damage is going to be suffer for a long long time and I don't know how long it will take to fix it.

I'm just tired of all of this, all I know that this is going to be long thirteen days and I'm pretty sure that Republican Party as it is today is done and people in office who further support this will be committing political suicide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom