• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ten years ago today, US Navy Seals killed Osama bin Laden, the mastermind behind the terrorist attacks on September 11, 2001.

Here's some of the reactions at the forums from back then:

That motherfucker's dead! finally.

Let us celebrate.

This is awesome!

There's a riot outside my building right now. It's kind of awesome. It's also kind of annoying though because i have a final at 8:00 AM tomorrow morning. But it's still epic.

So this means we can leave Afghanistan, right?

We cant leave Afghanistan yet,but this is a key victory in the war there.

If we still can't leave Afghanistan, then there's no point in his death.

I have the ending theme to Portal 2 stuck in my head. D:

Well... We should look forward to the future.

Ahahaha... ha... ugh.

Today a statement from the loser in denial came out and he's declaring the 2020 election "The Big Lie" Just shut the fuck up already...You LOST. Give it up. We're 100+ days into Joe Biden's presidency and you're STILL going on about the election being "stolen"? I have never seen such a bigger sore loser than Trump. This man has never handled losing well his whole life and anytime he's lost at SOMETHING, he's claimed it was rigged. He was claiming the 2020 election would be rigged months before it even occurred because he KNEW he was gonna lose, and he did.

The only real lie is the baseless claim that the election was fraudulent. Time and time again its been proven that there was no significant voter fraud. When presented with opportunities to back up these claims, no evidence was offered up. Even the former attorney general stated there was no such fraud, which got him fired. Months later and these people continue to show how absolutely moronic they are, and there was even a recent poll that showed 70% believed the ACTUAL Big Lie they were spoon fed by Trump. And they sat there telling democrats "Get over it! He's still your president!" for 4 years? How about looking in the mirror now that you bought into a baseless conspiracy touted by a man who can't handle the fact that he lost fair and square.

Democratic Florida Congressman Charlie Crist officially announced he's running for Governor. Fully expect other heavyweights to declare in the near future.

Today a statement from the loser in denial came out and he's declaring the 2020 election "The Big Lie" Just shut the fuck up already...You LOST. Give it up. We're 100+ days into Joe Biden's presidency and you're STILL going on about the election being "stolen"? I have never seen such a bigger sore loser than Trump. This man has never handled losing well his whole life and anytime he's lost at SOMETHING, he's claimed it was rigged. He was claiming the 2020 election would be rigged months before it even occurred because he KNEW he was gonna lose, and he did.

The only real lie is the baseless claim that the election was fraudulent. Time and time again its been proven that there was no significant voter fraud. When presented with opportunities to back up these claims, no evidence was offered up. Even the former attorney general stated there was no such fraud, which got him fired. Months later and these people continue to show how absolutely moronic they are, and there was even a recent poll that showed 70% believed the ACTUAL Big Lie they were spoon fed by Trump. And they sat there telling democrats "Get over it! He's still your president!" for 4 years? How about looking in the mirror now that you bought into a baseless conspiracy touted by a man who can't handle the fact that he lost fair and square.

View: https://twitter.com/MysterySolvent/status/1388184669821313026

Montana and South Carolina are opting out of federal covid relief contracts. This is worth keeping an eye on if other GOP controlled states follow them.

That's a good thing, seeing states not relying too much on the federal government.

Except these states don't plan to fill the hole left with their own funds. They are literally turning away free money from the Feds to keep their citizens in abject poverty.

So no, it's not a good thing that the GOP is allowing their ideology to get in the way of preventing starvation.

A Yale study, for instance, found that expanding unemployment benefits did not dissuade people from seeking work.

Judy Conti, government affairs director of the National Employment Law Project, a research and advocacy group, said ending the benefit is "ill-informed and cruel."

"I don't know why these governors thought you could just flip a switch and suddenly every business was going to get up and running and every worker back to a job," she said. "It's still going to take a while to get people back to work.

"When you choke off money from the unemployed, you're only going to slow your recovery," she said.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom