• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Are you oblivious to the fact that Biden just sent millions, literal millions, to the very terrorist organization that caused the events of 9/11. And damn right, I refuse to get a vaccine. 2) I refuse to inject myself with something that is still not proven to be completely without long-term side-effects. 3) If you can't understand or appreciate the fact that it's my body, my choice, then there's nothing anyone can say to help you there. You may not agree with me and I respect your right to an opinion; but, you need to understand, even Dr. Fauci has stated that they do not know the true effectiveness of the vaccine long-term and the talk about booster shots? Hello?
Wow, there’s a lot to unpack here.

1. Do you have a source? A quick Google search of “Biden sends money to Al-Qaeda” didn’t get me anywhere.

2. Vaccines have proven overwhelmingly safe and effective. But even if there were unanswered questions about the vaccines, we do know plenty of the effects from COVID. Are you saying you’d really prefer that?
Also, serious question: Did that come from a memo, or something? I’ve seen that exact sentence, or variations of it, so many times that I’m almost convinced it’s coordinated.

3. That’s not how it works. If you want to get drunk and high in your own living room, that’s your choice. If you want to get drunk and high and then get behind the wheel during rush-hour, you are needlessly putting everyone around you in danger, and you don’t have that right.

I'm echoing everything swiftfox says. Besides, the vaccine isn't perfect, but it's literally the best protection we have right now. I'd rather deal with a few side effects for a day than get sick with COVID and die.

3. That’s not how it works. If you want to get drunk and high in your own living room, that’s your choice. If you want to get drunk and high and then get behind the wheel during rush-hour, you are needlessly putting everyone around you in danger, and you don’t have that right.

Now that's a strange but accurate analogy if I ever read one.

So, let me understand this. Is everyone on here a diehard Liberal then? Are you oblivious to the fact that Biden just sent millions, literal millions, to the very terrorist organization that caused the events of 9/11. And damn right, I refuse to get a vaccine. I refuse to inject myself with something that is still not proven to be completely without long-term side-effects. If you can't understand or appreciate the fact that it's my body, my choice, then there's nothing anyone can say to help you there. You may not agree with me and I respect your right to an opinion; but, you need to understand, even Dr. Fauci has stated that they do not know the true effectiveness of the vaccine long-term and the talk about booster shots? Hello?
So would you also refuse to get the MMR vaccine,the Polio vaccine,the Meningitis vaccine,the Tetanus vaccine as well as other needed vaccines? Because those vaccines are the only reason why people dont get those diseases now. There have been Measles outbreaks due to people refusing to gete their kids the MMR vaccine, People should not be getting measles.

Also people are refusing vaccines yet are taking horse dewormer despite negative effects it have. They’re more than willimg to take experimental “cures”, so how is this vaccine any different.

The Covid vaccines have gone through studies proving is effectiveness in preventing the virus. Its made with a technology allowing vaccines to be made faster and more efficiently than in the past

I hope you’re also aware many vaccines require boosters, this isnt unique to the Covid vaccine. They also make a different flu shot yearly because the same strain is not the one that is widespread every year.

The less people take the vaccine the more the virus will mutate and become resistant to every Covid vaccine, and then we’re back to square one. Is that what you want? To go back to when there is no vaccine at all? I dont think thats what anyone wants.

Let me ask you,are you also against wearing masks and social distancing as well as other hygeine measures to prevent disease? Let me stress these prevent other diseases as well as Covid.

So, let me understand this. Is everyone on here a diehard Liberal then?

I'll just add that it's really sad to see that being vaccinated against deadly diseases is now considered to be a "diehard Liberal" thing.

The pandemic is currently causing havoc in southern states. Some of these states were won by the GOP by only very narrow margins, and if the Republican voter base continues to commit suicide by COVID at current rates... then we might see that even harsh gerrymandering and voter suppression will not be able to keep those states from going blue come next elections.

The GOP has done many stupid decisions in the past, but to actively kill off its own voter base is something truly incredible.

Here's his full, unabridged comment, from a non-shitty source:
President Biden on Monday said he did not agree with activists who followed Sen. Kyrsten Sinema (D-Ariz.) into a bathroom over the weekend to protest her position on a reconciliation bill containing Democratic priorities.

"I don’t think they’re appropriate tactics, but it happens to everybody. The only people it doesn’t happen to are people who have Secret Service standing around them. So it’s part of the process," Biden said, responding to a question from Fox News correspondent Peter Doocy.
I'm tired to death of how right-wing tabloids such as the NY Post are trying to manufacture controversies.

I was about to post this in the In Memoriam: Celebrities section but it is over two months since the last posting (and I didn't want to risk a warning), but Colin Powell, who served as Secretary of State during the first George W. Bush administration (2001-2005) has died from coronavirus aged 84 (Colin Powell, Who Shaped U.S. National Security, Dies at 84)
Remember when he got up in front of the UN and flat-out lied about Iraq having WMDs? I won't miss him.

Remember when he got up in front of the UN and flat-out lied about Iraq having WMDs? I won't miss him.
So true, but we have to remember the lie that got the US into Iraq in the 1990s which I believe also happened at the UN (the babies in the incubators who were being taken out of their incubators by the Iraqis and the fact that the "witness" that spoke was the daughter of the Kuwaiti Ambassador to the United States of America and was organised by a PR firm). So there were at least two lies that saw the US go into Iraq to go after Saddam Hussein (1991 and 2001), the babies being taken out of the incubators as well as the lie that Iraq having WMDs which you mentioned. And also Afghanistan, in which the Taliban (despite their sheer evilness) were willing to hand over bin Laden but Washington refused.

I personally feel that there is too many wars that America got involved in that were based on lies (there are three above, but also Gulf of Tonkin that saw the US get involved in Vietnam).

So because Colin Powell's death was mention (May he rest in peace), I wanna take a moment to bring up what the former guy had to say about his death and everything wrong with it. So, first of all, its worth noting that Colin Powell has criticized Trump and has even endorsed President Biden, so naturally, it made him an enemy to Trump. As we all know, you're either with him, or you're his enemy. So in his memoriam, he obviously needs to add unnecessary details such as calling him out for mistakes he made and criticizing other Republicans, cause we know that's not allowed in Trump's book. Secondly, he's gotta throw in some petty name calling, calling Colin Powell a RINO (Republican in name only) And lastly, he has to make it about himself, by stating he hopes the media (Unnecessarily called the fake news media as usual) treats him well when he passes away. Of course he has to take a moment to make it about himself. So yeah, in short, even giving a memoriam for a man who just passed away, he finds a way to show what a disgusting and petty human being he is.

Feels like we're watching the rebirth of the Confederacy, only stupid(er).

I swear, I really do fear the Democrats are going to continue to fumble the ball and then in 2024 they'll be like "How in the world did we lose to that reality TV clown again?!"

Part of me does worry too. Right now, they're dealing with constant in fighting because of Senator Manchin and Senator Sinema and plus, even if they CAN get them on board, the fucking Republicans somehow have more power and can block every single bill before it can even get on the senate floor for debate.

People in Virginia and New Jersey, remember to vote tomorrow!

That fucking Trump back GOP candidate became Virginia governor...And Gov. Murphy is still behind. I hate this. Its making me worry about 2022. President Biden NEEDS something to get passed...And Sinema and Manchin need to just stop stalling things for us. We can't let the house and senate flip back red, or allow the insurrectionist continue to serve.

Last edited:
"Democrats will need to take a lesson from this"

And what kind of lesson is that? To become more evil, like the Republicans?

The people who let Republicans win clearly don't care about the Democrats doing much, otherwise they wouldn't. let. Republicans. win. The only reason we're in the predicament we are right now is because we have so few Democrats in power, that we can't even afford to have ones like Manchin, who represent a conservative state and thus have to act less liberal.

In a better scenario, we would be excited that a Democrat manages to have power in West Virginia, but in this one, where his vote makes a huge difference, we're in trouble. We need more Democrats in the Senate. That's the only way to make this better at this point.

But too many Democrat voters are going to just step aside and let the Republicans win because the current Democrats aren't doing enough? We can never get anything done. Democrats get slim margins of victory and then when they can't do enough with that razor thin margin, people just let the Republicans take power. God, I hate living in this country. SMH. Or at least I wish I lived somewhere in the country where Republicans in positions of power didn't have enough power to take away my rights. I don't. I have to count on federal government establishments such as the Supreme Court and the House/Senate to keep my rights. And people just don't seem to care.

What I find most concerning is Republicans invented an obviously bullshit controversy (critical race theory), and swing voters just ate it up. How do you counter that?

On the bright side, it seems Democrat Phil Murphy has won reelection in New Jersey.

The Democrats REALLY need a new gameplan right now. Defeating Trumpism just isn't enough if the Republicans can create bullshit controversies like critical race theory. We need something more than Trumpism and January 6th to really win over these swing voters if we wanna hold the house and expand the senate majority we desperately need to get around Manchin and Sinema's bullshit. We especially need a new gameplan before 2024 because if we can't get Trump behind bars after inciting an insurrection, he's pretty much guaranteed to be the nominee, and we don't know if the memories of how horrendous of a president he was can prevent him from winning if President Biden can't get much done.

Last edited:
Murphy managed to hold on, making him the first Democratic governor of New Jersey to get re-elected since the 70s. Democrats will also keep control of the state legislature.

One other takeaway from Virginia: McAuliffe actually got 170K more votes than Northam did in 2017, further debunking the notion of higher turnout always helping Democrats.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom