• A new LGBTQ+ forum is now being trialed and there have been changes made to the Support and Advice forum. To read more about these updates, click here.
  • Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

American Politics Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Roe v Wade was officially struck down by the Supreme Court. Apparently, "It is time to heed the Constitution and return the issue of abortion to the people's elected representatives." Of course, the conservative judges don't think that guns should be regulated by elected representatives too. Consistency was never their strongest point.

Anyway, Thomas is already threatening to strip Americans of even more rights:

There was a point when the Republican party was autarkist for it's own sake. Now, autarky is merely a vector for localized Christian theocracy.

America is going to wind up with multiple versions of Chechnya or Aceh, just Christian.

There was a point when the Republican party was autarkist for it's own sake. Now, autarky is merely a vector for localized Christian theocracy.

America is going to wind up with multiple versions of Chechnya or Aceh, just Christian.
The good news is that the vast majority of Americans support preserving the right to abortion.

Even the most aggressive gerrymandering will not be able to stop the incoming blue wave.

This will become a byword for electoral suicide.

Inevitably roe is going to be reinstated. My fear is that kicks of a wave of y'all qaeda deciding to mimic, well, al-Qaeda

Hopefully, today's decision will rally people that are against this decision to vote come November.

Last edited:
Some people here comparing christian americans to chechens smh. Chechens have been kidnapping and torturing LGBT people for long time; in order to force the islamic laws over Chechenya, their leader - Razam Kadyrov - told his people to shot women without muslim clothes on the streets with paintball guns. Chechens are just on another level of bigotry.

As much as I hate the fact that thousands and thousands of women will lose their right to abort, we must avoid making such mistakes like that, because when this type of comment falls into this pro-life people hands, they use this to trick undecided people into their narrative. Most christian americans are moderates, they're not like the mormons and the amish.

The most distressing part is that this easily could have been avoided if so many people hadn’t ignored the stakes in 2016.
Anyway, Thomas is already threatening to strip Americans of even more rights:
failed state hours
Yeah, the path we’re on is unsustainable. It's starting to feel like a large-scale social conflict is inevitable.
Some people here comparing christian americans to chechens smh. Chechens have been kidnapping and torturing LGBT people for long time; in order to force the islamic laws over Chechenya,
And just what do you think Christian nationalists are trying to do?

It would be unwise to underestimate conservative Christians in the US. They have been gradually been pushing the US further and further right and their masks have been coming off more and more.

One very worrying thing... I should note that while the vast majority of conservative Christians may not be proclaiming that say, LGBT people should be put to death (As an aside: some are.) the rhetoric working to demonize LGBT people as "groomers" and "pedophiles" is groundwork to justifying genocide in the minds of those who buy into it.

Do not think for one second "it can not happen here". It can. Let me also note something else very worrying about the right, right now: They are working hard to whitewash the history that kids learn in school, so kids grow up to no longer know all of the racism and the wrongs of the US in the past. There is that saying "Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it". We can only hope that the truth of history will spread to kids via internet and the TV, but this is extremely scary.

I can not emphasize enough how concerning all of this is. Take it seriously.

To the people in power, there is only one religion and that is Christianity. This is despite by banning most of stuff they are, they contradicting the Bible and multiple religions but the Bible made before every living being in power was born and before much of modern medical inventions were made says this is wrong. I really wish the "under God" is remove from the pledge since it is clear they only want you to serve one God despite more people being non-religious or not even serving the same Religion but that's never happening.

What's even worse the judges claimed it wasn't in the Constitution, meaning most are Originalists. So in the way of the founding founders, half of the Supreme Court wouldn't have made that vote. And if you go by that method, the 2nd Amendment only applies to muskets since the bullet wasn't invented until the 19th century but the founders intended it to be use for all firearms. What is even more bullshit is that the Originalist mindset is factually wrong, since the U.S. Constitution is a document design to be amended so therefore, there is no way the document can be read according to what the writers intended since they intended it to be change.

Also Roe V. Wade being appealed also violates two amendments while also dooming women who use the medicine provided by the court decision since they exist for other reasons besides what's on the surface.

I hate living in America, a place where a gun as more rights than the people who live there. At least CT isn't changing, but I always worry.

The most distressing part is that this easily could have been avoided if so many people hadn’t ignored the stakes in 2016.

Yeah, the path we’re on is unsustainable. It's starting to feel like a large-scale social conflict is inevitable.

And just what do you think Christian nationalists are trying to do?
They're doing the same, ok I got it, but one can't compare american christians to chechens. Chechens are too extremists. Kadyrov and his followers do use violence and coercion to force people to live according to their own beliefs. Even with the numerous problems the US is facing, the american society still is civilized, and I doubt anyone would have guts to go around shooting someone with paintball guns for some religious reason. I said most christian americans are moderate because my father's family is baptist, and they're very open minded. But that's just my personal experience, of course others will experience more hate coming from christians, so who knows. The amish... well they basically live isolated from our reality, so I think I should apologize for mentioning their community above.

To the people in power, there is only one religion and that is Christianity. This is despite by banning most of stuff they are, they contradicting the Bible and multiple religions but the Bible made before every living being in power was born and before much of modern medical inventions were made says this is wrong. I really wish the "under God" is remove from the pledge since it is clear they only want you to serve one God despite more people being non-religious or not even serving the same Religion but that's never happening.

What's even worse the judges claimed it wasn't in the Constitution, meaning most are Originalists. So in the way of the founding founders, half of the Supreme Court wouldn't have made that vote. And if you go by that method, the 2nd Amendment only applies to muskets since the bullet wasn't invented until the 19th century but the founders intended it to be use for all firearms. What is even more bullshit is that the Originalist mindset is factually wrong, since the U.S. Constitution is a document design to be amended so therefore, there is no way the document can be read according to what the writers intended since they intended it to be change.

Also Roe V. Wade being appealed also violates two amendments while also dooming women who use the medicine provided by the court decision since they exist for other reasons besides what's on the surface.

I hate living in America, a place where a gun as more rights than the people who live there. At least CT isn't changing, but I always worry.
It has some flaws not gonna lie, but it's better than 99% of the world.

I highly agree to disagree.

Only in America, a country better off than most in the world and can fix a lot, is that:
-Mass shootings happen on a common basis and nothing is done about them (yes, I know a gun bill passed but considering what today unfolded, I can see it going goodbye real quick). America is the only country in the world that has stuff happen like this
-Gun rights are the most loose (in some countries you cannot get a gun period without some extreme loops, look at Japan's gun laws) and barely any laws to prevent certain people from having them.
-Health care is not a basic human right and we must pay for it, costing thousands and millions of dollars.
-Our society also allows people to sow distrust in healthcare, meaning more people die cause of false information.
-Despite being an immigrant heavy nation, it is impossible to immigrant easily and we discriminate against said immigrants despite being descended from immigrants who stole said land.
-Multiple essential job positions are severely underpaid like teachers for example.
-We disrespect our veterans of our armed forces.
-Despite the former, trillions of our money goes into the armed forces and the police instead of organizations that need them more so we can build more weaponry.
-And much much more.

Yes, we are better off than many nations, but the fact we don't have some things that seem like a basic human right or so simple is frankly ridiculous. I wish I could leave but I probably never can.

Last edited:
A significant amount of leftists don't want to live under a Christian theocracy but sure as hell want to die under one. Or at least a disproportionate amount of the online presence does. This reeks of some form of low-key social engineering.

I don't think you're familiar with how 99% of the world's constitutions look like.

Most of the world regularly updates their constitution to reflect the changing world. The US is "unique" in clinging to an increasingly outdated text that was written in a time when slavery was considered normal. Which is precisely why it is so easy for right-wing zealots to legislate away human rights in the US. The US constitution was written by people who thought that only straight white male landowners deserved human rights.

The US constitution is the reason why the Electoral College exists, which was created purely to give more voting power to southern slave states by allowing them to pad elector numbers by counting black people without actually giving them voting rights. That the Electoral college wasn't banished along with slavery is the reason why Trump was able to win despite losing the popular vote.

A significant amount of leftists don't want to live under a Christian theocracy but sure as hell want to die under one. Or at least a disproportionate amount of the online presence does. This reeks of some form of low-key social engineering.
Banning abortion and/or contraceptives is a form of social engineering.

Last edited:
?

Spent way too much time on Reddit before they banned me for doing the chicken joke from devil's rejects but replacing the chicken with a loli. It honestly saved my sanity.

You have not seen catastrophist defeatism until you have been on reddit. They laughed off the polish church storming 2 years ago because the bans are still in place, but I'm pretty sure the polish left has a plan for ousting Duda. The american left wants to die at the guns and machetes of jesus's zomowiecki and ubecki.

Last edited:
Spent way too much time on Reddit before they banned me for doing the chicken joke from devil's rejects but replacing the chicken with a loli.

You have not seen catastrophist defeatism until you have been on reddit. They laughed off the polish church storming 2 years ago because the band are still in place, but I'm pretty sure the polish left has a plan for ousting Duda. The american left wants to die at the guns of jesus's zomowiecki and ubecki.
Imagine caring about what redditors have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom