• All content from the former Roleplaying Games forum has been merged into the Writers' Workshop forum. You can find more information in this thread.

We hope to see you roleplaying away soon!
  • The World Beyond Restructure is now finished! Check out the update here!
  • It's time for the Writer's Workshop Summer event: our second themed one-shot competition! Check out the sign-up thread here!
  • Hey everyone! Bulbagarden is hosting its first Bulbaleague Conference Pokemon Showdown Tournament! Check out this thread to get the full details!
  • Hey everyone! The Writer's Workshop is hosting an exciting event, Trainers of Fanfiction! It's a community event focused around your characters!

American Presidential Election Thread, 2020 Edition

Shaking my head
Reaction score

Even though I have nothing against Klobuchar, I don't really see what she adds to the ticket. Plus, there's the risk of losing a Senate seat.
Seems like she won't be considered anymore in light of recent events.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
It’s a done deal, Biden has secured a majority of delegates to official clinch the nomination. I thought for sure Trump would say/tweet something about it, but apparently he’s fixated on my favorite NFL team’s quarterback for some reason.

Praise Euterpe
Reaction score
I just hope that if Joe Biden can win, he'll pick a cabinet of people who are fully qualified to be in the positions they're in. Nobody like Betsy Devos who doesn't understand the public education system.
With picks like Betsy DeVos it really feels as if Trump was actively seeking out to destroy what the cabinet positions were set out to watch over/improve.

With Biden, I'd be less worried. I don't think he has any such intentions, and plus I have a feeling he'd have more level-headed individuals in his transition team to help pick out competent, appropriate people for each cabinet position.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Seeing Biden polling much better than Trump in Michigan is good, but he's gonna need more than Michigan.

If Joe Biden won all states Hillary won in 2016, including Michigan, he'd only have 243 electoral votes, while Trump would have 288. He's gonna have to pick up a major swing state like Florida along with it, or pick up wins in Ohio, Wisconsin, and Pennsylvania. Most states such as California, New York. Nevada, Washington, Virginia, and such will likely stay blue, though I really hope he focuses on taking back those swing states like Ohio, Michigan, Florida, and Pennsylvania.

Thank you,Eren
Reaction score
Virginia is very likely to stay blue especially considering last years election where Dems gained the majority in the state government which was pretty big,but other swing states we dont know.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
States rarely move independently. If Biden’s way ahead in Michigan, he’s likely ahead in Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and possibly Ohio. That would be more than enough to get him over the top.

how we so, chasing gold
Reaction score
when texas of all states is starting to look competitive (or starting to look as competitive as florida), i don't think there should be any worry that biden would do poorly.

Young Battle Trainer
Reaction score
when texas of all states is starting to look competitive (or starting to look as competitive as florida), i don't think there should be any worry that biden would do poorly.
Many states in the Sun Belt are now becoming more competitive, such as Arizona, North Carolina, Georgia, and Texas.

Hear me roar!
Reaction score
There's been a massive movement to get Texas Democrats registered and ready to vote in this election. The Texas senate race in 2018 showed us that its becoming more and more competitive considering Beto O'Rourke only lost to Ted Cruz by like 1-2%

Reaction score
If Donald Trump gets re-elected and dies in office, Mike Pence becomes President.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31g0YE61PLQ
I remember folks using this argument years ago when the Trump presidency was still in its infancy, and I really don't get why people think Pence is worse than Trump? Like I get that Pence is homophobic, but I think that if I had to choose between him or Trump I'd still go with Pence 9 times out of 10 just because he doesn't strike me as unstable or narcissistic the way Trump does. I dunno, that's just my take on things.

Thievulpes velox
Reaction score
Conservatives are having a really bad week at the Supreme Court.
I remember folks using this argument years ago when the Trump presidency was still in its infancy, and I really don't get why people think Pence is worse than Trump? Like I get that Pence is homophobic, but I think that if I had to choose between him or Trump I'd still go with Pence 9 times out of 10 just because he doesn't strike me as unstable or narcissistic the way Trump does. I dunno, that's just my take on things.
It’s not just Pence’s homophobia. Policy-wise, he’s even more extreme than Trump AND he’s also smart and disciplined enough that he’d probably be able to get significant parts of his agenda passed. There’s a reason the Christian Right fell in line behind Trump once he selected Pence as his running mate.

Last edited:
Hear me roar!
Reaction score
Pence is really just a more extreme, hate filled version of Trump who doesn't behave like a child whenever he's criticized or can't get his way. There's something unsettling about a hardcore evangelical Christian in the White House. The most hardcore Christians who take the Bible literally and treat it like everything it says is law. Give Pence the office, and a conservative majority in the court and there's no telling what damage he could do. Its a scary thought. More scary than Trump because Pence is actually competent.

Reaction score
How about this for start